5.0 out of 5 stars Now this is Dessert!
Sassy, scrumptious, fearless,FUN! Libbie has a knack for making the most daunting recipe, puff pastry, seem like a "cake walk,". Her stories and tips are priceless. Chia Chong's photos have you licking the pages! This is a must read for anyone who wants to take dessert to the naughty and nice level!
Published 4 months ago by Janet Harrington

3.0 out of 5 stars I expected more.
I'm a big baker and I thought this would bring something different to my baking. And while it did? It wasn't really that inspiring - it was more or less the same 5-10 ingredients just recycled over and over again. Also I was somewhat disappointed at all the savory options they offered. I wish it had been more cakes/cookies/brownies/etc. I mean, it is called SWEET and...
Published 2 months ago by Mechelle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Now this is Dessert!, April 15, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Joyful, Funny and Viciously Delicious, April 11, 2014
This review is from: Sweet and Vicious: Baking with Attitude (Hardcover)
I was sold on this book before I even opened it—I mean, the fore edges are pink. And what's inside is just as fun, colorful, stylish! Oh, and very delicious too. So far I've made the Salvation Cinnamon Rolls, Bourbon Laced Cookies and Red Velvet Cake and ALL have been major successes. I love how Sweet and Vicious is able to cater to both baking novices and experts while still being an enjoyable page turner filled with wit and humor. It practically drips with joy and color—and has become my new baking go-to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Delightful!, April 30, 2014
This review is from: Sweet and Vicious: Baking with Attitude (Hardcover)
Not only is this cookbook full of exciting recipes, but it's such a feast for the eyes! The photography and the graphic design in the book make it such a treat to flip through. It really is a work of art! There is a portion in the back of the cookbook that gives you instructions on how to make your own extracts!

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN, April 9, 2014
This review is from: Sweet and Vicious: Baking with Attitude (Hardcover)
Libbie Summers has taking the intimidating task of baking and turned it into a great big party! I am buying baking pans as I type! I love cookbooks but I have to say this cookbook has a personality all it's own! The writing is wicked funny and the images by Ms. Chong are inspiring. Buy it even if you don't bake. Because after reading this, you will! Have fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yowza! So fabulous it hurts, April 8, 2014
This review is from: Sweet and Vicious: Baking with Attitude (Hardcover)
I'm not a huge fan of cookbooks...probably because I'm not a cook and I'm not a baker. Amazingly enough, the recipes in this book make me want to get in the kitchen ASAP. Not only is every recipe mouthwatering, but the stories behind each cake, cookie, pie, and pastry are heartwarming and hilarious. Also, the author is freakin' adorable. Libbie Summers is fabulous, stylish, and outlandishly talented, and she's not afraid to show it in Sweet & Vicious. Even the book pages are tipped hot pink!

I'll admit it. This is the first time I have ever bought an actual cookbook and it's already my favorite purchase of the year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fierce and Fabulous!, June 13, 2014
erica kelly (SAVANNAH, GA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweet and Vicious: Baking with Attitude (Hardcover)
My mother is an amazing cook. She can whip up anything out of nothing and has an almond pound cake that should practically have its own Facebook page. But I am not my mother. I've learned to love the taste of raw dough because it ends up tasting better than the "Cookie Crispers" I tried to pass as intentional at my last weekend gathering.

Reading Sweet & Vicious gave me both hope and a few well-crafted side cramps from laughing so hard. Whether you're a baking pro or someone who would rather vicariously live through that pro on Pinterest, you will love this book. Laugh out loud to Libbie's stories, drool at some stunning visual styling, and maybe - just maybe - consider busting out the baking pan.

A must-buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Agreed this is one of the most beautiful cook books I've seen, July 21, 2014
This review is from: Sweet and Vicious: Baking with Attitude (Hardcover)
Agreed this is one of the most beautiful cook books I've seen, but what I love most is how I feel inspired to get in the kitchen and bake!
I also appreciate this book because it isn't about the chef or author but about the fun and beauty of food. The recipes allow for personal taste with room to adjust some ingredients. I bump up the ginger in my Jacked-Up Ginger Cookies (which is by far a favorite for anyone who has eaten one or twelve). Some other new staples for me will definitely be Salvation Cinnamon Rolls, Upside Down Corn Cake and Salty Pumpkin Spice Cake.
Looking forward to seeing what's next from Summers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun cookbook, April 9, 2014
This review is from: Sweet and Vicious: Baking with Attitude (Hardcover)
Baking make super fun and easy love it!!!!! I can't wait to have a party so i can show off some of these tasty treats

5.0 out of 5 stars S'Wonderful S'Marvelous, June 13, 2014
This review is from: Sweet and Vicious: Baking with Attitude (Hardcover)
Now I love cookbooks. I love the pictures, the new ideas, the recipe possibilities. This is not your average cookbook y'all. Libbie Summers takes baking up to a whole nother level. From lemonheads to lavender...every thing is new and exciting. Thank you Libbie Summers for this book. It's s'nice that you care for us and created this wonderful piece of art. PS: Speaking of piece...you won't be able to eat just one piece of the wahini pie. TRUST ME.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love baking with attitude!, May 29, 2014
This review is from: Sweet and Vicious: Baking with Attitude (Hardcover)
Besides the recipes being fabulous, the humor and stories are more than entertaining; the warm and witty tales bring one right into Libbie's family. Before trying one single baked goodie, I read the whole book smiling all the way through. Love the cookie cutter patterns, too! Such a wonderful gift to present to my friends...I have ordered several copies to do just that!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Sweet and Vicious: Baking with Attitude
Sweet and Vicious: Baking with Attitude by Libbie Summers (Hardcover - March 25, 2014)
$37.50 $26.21