5.0 out of 5 stars woah baby
:: English Toffee Flavored Liquid Stevia ::

Amazing how intensely rich this is!

Published on August 23, 2006 by zzzed

1.0 out of 5 stars taste is awful Do Not Spend the Money!!
I love stevia, I have been using it in my cold food and drinks for years. I was looking forward to having a stevia that I could use in my coffee. The flavor is awful and does not taste like english toffee, the nasty flavor ruins any chance of the stevia sweetening my coffee. I will say that it is not bitter like the powdered form, but they haven't got the toffee flavor...
Published on July 15, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars woah baby, August 23, 2006
:: English Toffee Flavored Liquid Stevia ::

Amazing how intensely rich this is!

It totally tastes like sweet english toffee. How thay accomplish so much flavor in these zero cal little droplets, that's a voodoo mystery to me. My one complaint is that they don't give any hints of their tricks to get the english toffee flavor. I know that stevia is already magic in itself for its sweetness power, but wondered about how they managed to get the strong english toffee swing in there. On package label, all they have to say, basically, is "Natuarl flavors". Unfortunately staying more secretive than I'd have preferred. But I can forgive them that one decision. Since overall: this stuff is a great treat, while leaving your conscience clean on matters of substances in the body.

Ultimate Summertime Cappuccino:

- Good quality roast coffee, chilled
- Soy milk (frothed, if frother handy)
- Liquid stevia. English toffee flavor for total indulgence!
- Serve over ice

5.0 out of 5 stars This one is great - try the others!, December 5, 2006
I wholeheartedly agree with the other reviews (why didn't I hurry and rate this as soon as I got mine a few weeks ago??)! I ordered the Chocolate Raspberry, the Lemon Drop, and this one, the English Toffee. I was used to buying the same brand in the packets of powder, but the health food store was charging like $8 a bottle. The prices here on Amazon is VERY reasonable. I love the Lemon Drop one in my herbal teas, and this English Toffee seems to work better in the coffee. For a nice rich "mouth feel" (like cream but without the bad calories) try cold-pressed Coconut oil, also available here on Amazon. It's amazing what it does for coffee!! I'm trying to cut back on the soymilk because of excess estrogen level issues, and the cocoanut oil in my coffee combined with these WONDERFL Stevia flavors - I don't miss the soy milk at all, let alone regular milk!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, November 20, 2006
Nancy PM (Turners Falls, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This is so good! Just a couple of drops sweetens and flavors a cup of coffee wonderfully!

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs creamer with this stuff in your coffee???, May 26, 2010
J. Lingle (Murrells Inlet, SC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SweetLeaf Liquid Stevia, English Toffee, 2-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2) (Grocery)
I switched from chemically flavored, non dairy creamers to Silk (Soy) or So Delicious (Coconut) several years ago when my family made the decision to become vegan and stay away from processed foods. However, upon squeezing about half a dropper full of this flavored stevia-based sweetener into my 20 ounce coffee cup, I don't need creamer at all anymore.

I've read periodicals citing that Sucralose and other sugar-derivitives can cause your brain to melt by killing off your cells by the millions, so I would rather just moderately use sugar than any sugar-replacement, except stevia. My wife even found stevia leaf powder at our local grocer that is so minimally processed, it's still green.

In fact, the only concern I have about the ingredients of SweetLeaf sweeteners are the "Natural Flavors" which is an FDA approved way for manufacturers to hide what they are putting into their products. I know this sounds a bit nit-picky, and nearly impossible to stay away from, as every processed food product on the market has Natural Flavors in it. Below is the definition of "natural flavor" under the Code of Federal Regulations, which says that it could be derived from virtually anything in nature by just about any scientific means necessary:

"the essential oil, oleoresin, essence or extractive, protein hydrolysate, distillate, or any product of roasting, heating or enzymolysis, which contains the flavoring constituents derived from a spice, fruit or fruit juice, vegetable or vegetable juice, edible yeast, herb, bark, bud, root, leaf or similar plant material, meat, seafood, poultry, eggs, dairy products, or fermentation products thereof, whose significant function in food is flavoring rather than nutritional"

That being said, I give this product 5 stars for zero calories, taste, and (hopefully mostly) natural ingredients!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Starbucks!, March 12, 2007
This flavor of liquid stevia is great - I use it in my coffee (with heavy cream) and its better than... well, you know... I've tried other flavors, and they are really good, but this is the one I keep coming back to (or, to which I return, for you English majors :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes for Tasty Water, April 20, 2011
This makes for a little 'dessert drink' that I do not get tired of.
A couple of drops in a cold glass of water goes a long way.
I am surprised that it does not make me crave sugar or carbohydrates.
Love the toffee flavor; have not tried other flavors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!, November 2, 2006
QF Jane (Lone Star State) - See all my reviews
I can't beat the other review, but I will add that we are enjoying this stevia flavor too. It is better than the other ones we've tried so far and tastes great in hot drinks as well as the breakfast oatmeal.

5.0 out of 5 stars liquid stevia, June 4, 2007
I love liquid stevia, especially the English Toffee! 2nd best is a tie between milk and dark chocolate and the vanilla creme is great too. Nice addition to coffee, Best thing is there are no side effects like those of equal, sweet'n low or splenda. Highly recommend to people w/sensitive stomaches like myself

5.0 out of 5 stars SweetLeaf Liquid Stevia, English Toffee, 2, March 3, 2011
Makes water taste wonderful like iced coffee love it. also add it to smoothies and it gives them a refreshing taste. For anyone who gets bored with the taste of water I would recommmend this to help make it a pure delight to dring. A few drops to cold iced water makes you forget it is water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, August 2, 2010
I love stevia and was looking for a little something to add some different flavors to my coffee. This stuff smells fantastic! It is great in my coffee, but I discovered an even better use for it. I slice up a granny smith apple and put just a few drops on the slices and stir them around a little. It tastes just like a caramel apple! I was surprised how good it tasted on top of food like that as I've only tried it in liquids. If you put too much it will be bitter and not good. Three drops is plenty. I'd imagine anything that is good with caramel or toffee would be great with this. Stevia makes it easy to cut white sugar completely out of your diet and not feel deprived at all. Great product!