Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now PlasmaCar

on December 5, 2006
I wholeheartedly agree with the other reviews for the other liquid Stevia flavors (why didn't I hurry and rate this as soon as I got mine a few weeks ago??)! I ordered the Chocolate Raspberry, the English Toffee , and this one, the Lemon Drop. I was used to buying the same brand in the packets of powder, but the health food store was charging like $8 a bottle. The prices here on Amazon is VERY reasonable. I love the Lemon Drop one in my herbal teas (particularly my Honey Ginseng Mint) English Toffee seems to work better in my coffee. For a nice rich "mouth feel" (like cream but without the bad calories) try cold-pressed Coconut oil, also available here on Amazon. It's amazing what it does for coffee!! I'm trying to cut back on the soymilk because of excess estrogen level issues, and the cocoanut oil in my coffee combined with these WONDERFL Stevia flavors - I don't miss the soy milk at all, let alone regular milk!
on December 12, 2007
I almost didn't buy this flavor after reading a few reviews where people mentioned they could hardly taste the lemon.
I tried it and was pleasantly surprised at the delicious lemon flavor! It's now my favorite flavor.
I don't know whether the people posting that they can't taste the lemon used enough or if they didn't shake the bottle first or what.
It is the best one so far. :)
VINE VOICEon June 25, 2007
My mother gave me this to try. It is wonderful! You only need three or four drops to sweeten a tall glass of iced tea. I have tried other Stevia products in the past and found it diffucult to regulate the amount. It is very easy to use too much stevia powder leading to an overpowering taste. This product is perfect because the Stevia is already dispersed in liquid and ready to use. The dropper makes it easy to dispense--one drop at a time. I have known for years that you can make your own Stevia liquid sweetener by adding stevia powder to water, but that has been too much trouble to bother with. SweetLeaf has done it for me and added some flavors to boot. Thank-you SweetLeaf.

The flavoring seems mild to me, but I only use a few drops of this sweetener at one time. If the lemon flavor was stronger I would probably buy the plain stevia. A hint of flavor is just perfect. If I want lemon, I squeeze it fresh. In fact, I squeeze fresh lemons and/or limes daily for their health benefits. I sweeten my morning "lemonade" with organic grade B maple syrup (high in minerals) and I will continue to use the maple syrup in my morning beverage. I will use the Stevia to sweeten other things throughout the day.

Off topic: The BEST citrus press I have found is by Kitchenaid (not the stand mixer attachment), the free standing juicer. No metal parts touch the fruit and the machine is FAST. Easy to clean up too--goes right into the dishwasher. If you are interrested in learning more about the benefits of fresh squeezed lemon and/or lime juice, you may want to read the book EATING ALIVE. My vision has improved significanly as a result of drinking my fresh squeezed lemon/lime juice daily.

I am looking forward to trying the Chocolate Raspberry and English Toffee liquid Stevia in my coffee. I am a big Torani fan, so I will be delighted if the flavored Stevia offers the same or comparable flavor and sweetness to my lattes.

Another reviewer mentioned using coconut oil in her coffee. I much prefer organic coconut milk in my coffee. I use organic coconut oil from Tropical Traditions(the BEST)--the original hand processed (not green label or expeller pressed)--but didn't care for coconut oil straight up in my coffee--it floats on the top. Even the higher fat content coconut milk blends with the coffee without leaving an oil puddle on top. Coconut oil is very healthy. You can read more about it at [...] Also note that not all coconut oils are comparable. I have tasted some that are NASTY!

I store my opened bottles of SweetLeaf Stevia in the refrigerator.

If you are an artificial sweetener fan, I encourage you to visit [...] and enter your artificial sweetener preference in his search field to gather some info on it. Then, consider trying this product.

I also use agave (similar to honey, only better) and real maple syrup as sweeteners. They have more calories than the Stevia, but are both excellent choices for sweeteners.

When using Stevia, I encourage you to start with less and add more if needed. It doesn't take much to add sweetness. This is a great product if you don't add too much.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
For years I've been drinking Crystal Light and the knock-off Great Value brand sold at "W", then just recently I found out that the chemicals used in Crystal Light can actually make a person more hungry.

I simply cannot stand plain, unflavored water. I don't care if it's been purified, chilled with ice or run through the wringer, I will not drink it.

So I came across this SweetLeaf Lemon Drop Stevia and decided to give it a try. I'm using 40 drops to a quart of water; that may sound like a lot, and it is, but I hope to reduce it down to 30 drops after awhile. It is certainly sweet enough from the stevia, and I do taste the lemon, but I wish it tasted just a little more lemony. I love the tartness of lemon so I'll pick up a few lemons the next time I go grocery shopping and add a slice or two to my quart of water.

Still, this isn't bad the way it is, and I know I'm drinking much more healthy now. At least I'm getting my water in which is a good thing.

Make sure you shake the bottle up each time and keep it refrigerated after opening. One bottle is lasting me about a month, so dollar for dollar, it's about the same price as buying the Crystal Light.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2007
We put this in our water and it gives the water a sweet lemon flavor. It makes water interesting. Works great for getting the kids to drink more water.
on February 24, 2011
I usually purchase this "lemon drop" from Whole Foods. Now am onto this site for periodic scheduled deliveries,
1 recommendation is to "zest" 1 "meyer" lemon - then, slip this zest into the glass vial( container) of stevia. This adds the fresh lemon flavor we crave.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 16, 2010
I bought these after I bought Mr. Coffee TM70 3-Quart Iced-Tea Maker . I tried using Stevia packets but noticed the Stevia would clump up at the bottom and would not separate even when stirred. Loving the taste of lemon with my tea I opted for this flavor. However, it does not taste like lemon. It sweetens really well, better than expected. However, you cannot taste the lemon in it at all. I will still buy liquid Stevia in the future since it works but will be leery about trying any `flavored' ones.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2011
I have been on the HCG Protocol Diet. I had bought the SweetLeaf Liquid Stevia Lemon Drop on their official website. It was more for 1 bottle on their website than for 2 bottles on Amazon. I will definitely buy more from Amazon. They also have other flavors if you don't like lemon. What a great deal!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 15, 2007
This is great. It is so easy to use and vesatile. it is a great product for those who have to restrict sugar intake.
My favorite use for Sweetleaf liquid stevia lemon drop is to
add some drops to a bottle of water to make lemonade. it's the perfect thirst quencher after mowing on a hot day. especially if you mix it and put it in freezer to get extra cold while you work up a sweat.
on October 10, 2011
I need to order some more since this makes unsweetened iced tea delicious! This product creates a good-for-you, every-day drink!

See 1 answered question