5.0 out of 5 stars 10 years of failed attempts, this book did the trick, September 6, 2001
Gary Robinson (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
After 10 years of failed attempts at learning to swim, this book did the trick.
Excellent step by step approach builds confidence and avoids the "just do it" leap that is so hard to make.
Each step begins with the why and the what. These are followed by drills that gradually put all the parts together. The drills are very well thought out, you are learning all the time, and you never get pushed out to the ragged edge where it all falls apart.
Thank you David Thomas!

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid foundation for the adult non-swimmer., September 12, 1998
jdagosto@aol.com (Stamford, Connectiut) - See all my reviews
At almost 40 years of age, I had a fear of the water. There are few books on the subject that are detailed and explicit. With "Swimming steps to success" at the pool-side I was able to learn that I can float, and with confidence, learn the basic effective strokes. I am indebted to Mr. David G. Thomas, he succeeded where my busy swimming instructor could not.

4.0 out of 5 stars excelent teaching tool, November 18, 2008
This review is from: Swimming: Steps to Success - 3rd Edition (Steps to Success Sports Series) (Paperback)
I have always had a fear of swimming but had learned elementary techniques to get used to the water and the feeling of submersion. However, I really did not know proper swimming techniques. This book has helped improve my swimming greatly-from freestyle to the breaststroke (there are other styles taught in the book, as well). My confidence level has increased dramatically.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Book, but Total Immersion Wins, November 3, 2007
The book explains the basics behind every technique, which is a good thing to know to improve your style. I was able to improve mine following the first couple of chapters. However, starting from freestyle, things became difficult and I was not able to either follow the instructions or improve my freestyle (maybe it is my problem). I switched to total immersion book, till now the difference is clear and I am now able to go back and forth in the pool with minimum effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to swim, July 3, 2010
This is a good book to get tips for improving swimming prowess. I learned how better to do the breast stroke and hope to continue learning from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks!, February 16, 2014
The guy who owned this before me, deserves a congratulations! He went sky diving and got a certificate for it. Now i'll frame it and pretend I know him as some huge celebrity.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good advice for swiimmers at any level, July 1, 2013
Patricia Frye (ORANGEBURG, SC, US) - See all my reviews
I use this as a textbook for a college beginning swim class. It works well to introduce them to the correct techniques, as well as the reasons for them. It is easily read and gives students the opportunity to check their own progress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Swimming is the one sport that can save your life !, September 21, 2012
Tammy Johnson (Fort Erie, Canada) - See all my reviews
Great book for kids starting to swim. This book my daughter loved because she also loves water. The pictures are also very bright and colorful.

Another great book for kids starting to swim is below. Mommy and Me Go to Swimming LessonsMommy and Me Go to Swimming Lessons

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, August 5, 2000
I didn't know swimming 2 months before, but now, after reading the book, I know the 4 great styles of swimming. That's all I want to say!

ARRAY(0xd81099c0)

Swimming: Steps to Success - 3rd Edition (Steps to Success Sports Series)
Swimming: Steps to Success - 3rd Edition (Steps to Success Sports Series) by David G. Thomas (Paperback - February 3, 2005)
$19.95 $13.30