Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Swimming Pool Spa Water Ph/cl2 Chlorine Tester Meter Ph
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on August 2, 2008
For all practical purposes this meter doesn't work for testing Chlorine. It requires calibration so I took it to my local pool store and calibrated it. Each time I take it back to check it, it isn't even remotely close to the actual chlorine level.
Let's face facts; a real chlorine level meter is many times more expensive than this thing is. Don't waste your $20.
on July 8, 2009
The instrument is useless, it's difficult to calibrate and inaccurate. You can test your Ph and get one reading and then re-test 5 minutes later and get a totally different reading.
A total waste of money!
on February 2, 2009
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT ACCURATE AND ALSO NOT EASY TO USE. I SUGGEST AN ELECTRONIC VERSION. I STILL CANT MEASURE CLORINE AT MY POOL. THE CHEMICAL KIT IS ALSO MORE SIMPLE AND LESS EXPENSIVE.
I'M DISSAPOINTED.
on October 4, 2013
I was surprised when I received the unit and the instructions said to sand the probe. A small piece of fine sandpaper was included. As I experimented with the unit, I realized that unless I sanded the probes with #400 fine sandpaper before each use I was getting inaccurate readings compared with my pool test kit. Once I started sanding the probe before each use, my results correlated correctly with my pool test kit. Looking closely at the probe, I could visually see that the prongs were bare aluminum. Bare aluminum does not exist in nature but is a processed material. Bare aluminum will rapidly oxidize to aluminum oxide if exposed to air, which is a much poorer conductor. I believe this is why purchasers are unhappy with this product. Lightly sand the prongs on the probe with #400 sandpaper immediately before each use and you will get much better results. There is no need to use a heavier grit sandpaper as the aluminum oxide layer on the probe prongs is very thin. Sand lightly.
on November 9, 2011
I guess this is miscategorized as a toy.

I bought this to measure the ph and chlorine levels in my pool. The ph is right on, however the chlorine measurement never matches what I get from testing strips. Perhaps the chlorine calibration method provided is not well suited for a swimming pool?

I would not buy this again as a ph only tested is not useful to me.
on June 25, 2011
I bought two of these testers, and both of them are bad. The PH is completely inaccurate when I tested it against the strips from Aquachek. Getting the chlorine to calibrate would not work. I bought the first one thinking that I received a defective one. So I bought another one. Same problem. The chlorine calibration was straight forward, but the test results are way off. I would NOT recommend this even if it is just $5.00. You will waste your time and frustration on it. Whichever Chinese (made in China) company that makes this need to stop making this junk tester. Ebay is filled with them looking for the next sucker.
on July 14, 2013
I bought the chlorine and ph tester for swimming pool in order to eliminate other kind of tests. Every try using this tester it shows me different results. When compared to another kind of tester, such as strips the result doesn't match. I do not recommend.
on April 28, 2014
This device can be a bit of a pain to use. Finding where to start from is the worst part. You have to basically get your levels where you want them then adjust the device and remember where your calibration point is. After using it a few times I find it was faster and more accurate just to use the strips you can buy.
on September 29, 2014
Did as advertised.
on May 30, 2014
This is junks junk, don't waste your time or money! It worked half assed for a couple times but trust me this is a waste of money!

See 1 answered question