Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 20.1L x 19.3W x 2H in.|Change

on May 25, 2013
These do help to keep the pool a bit warmer, but every time there is a bit of wind, they fly out of the pool! At least I am getting some exercise chasing after them!
on March 16, 2014
I purchased these to replace my aging regular round solar mats. I liked the fact that they are spring-loaded to keep their shape. I believe that they work as well as the big round ones in retaining the heat in my pool. Problem is:
1) they're smaller than the round Solar Sun Rings, and it takes 20 of them to cover my odd-shaped pool, approx. 14X29. Only needed 12 of the round ones to cover the pool.
2) the air chambers are collecting water.
3) tears develop in the section that holds the metal spring. The spring then turns ugly and rusty.
When these wear out, I will go back to the round "Solar Sun Rings".

Update to my earlier review of the SwimWays ThermaSpring Solar Mats, 10 months earlier:

I still believe that these solar mats work well, keeping the heat in the pool, and minimizing evaporation. I like the way that the spring holds their shape, making it east to toss them into the pool. Same problem as originally, though, they just don't seem to last long, as I've had to replace 6 of them in the first year. On 3 of them, the plastic opened up at the ring that holds the spring, then collects water. The opening is too big to patch. 1 opened up at the fill valve. The patch worked on one of them. On 2 of them, couldn't find where the air was leaking from, and had to toss them.
on September 29, 2013
These are a waste of time, money and lung capacity. They don't work, you have to blow them up and it ends up as a sort of crescent shape that goes on to deflate rather quickly. At least mine did. Appreciate Amazon's return policy
on October 6, 2013
These discs are oblong, and are smaller than they appear in the picture. They are functional, and do a good job,
but I found I will need more of them to fill the space I originally intended for them.
on May 2, 2013
I bought a few of these to see if they would help with my pools heat. I ordered 10 of these and they came out and assembled well. They have a spring thing for storage but I really dont see storing them. The ten cover about 30% of my pool so I would need a lot more to do the whole pool. The 10 seem to keep the heat in quite a bit but I did not measure this. By only having a few the kids can get in the pool and not have to take out the 10 (They congregate in one corner when they are in the pool) So they seem good. I would worry about the expense of getting 30 to cover. I've had them for 2 months and no worries yet.
on August 24, 2015
These are great solar cover for my swimming pool. I only gave 4-stars because they are light and sometime get blown out of the pool during our AZ dust storms. These light weight covers are easy to move in and out of the pool, so you can keep your pool cover whenever it's not in use. These are oval shaped and I have some round shaped solar covers, too. The mix of the two shaped help to cover 80% of the pool.
on September 24, 2015
I really wanted this to work because our pool is cold all the time, even in the dead of summer. The problem is that we have trees in the backyard that cover the pool for about 22 hours a day. Two hours of sunlight and one ThermaSpring Solar Mat was never going to get the job done, but even the water directly underneath the ThermaSpring Mat wasn't even warm.
on February 27, 2014
These do a great job keeping the heat in our odd shaped pool. So far they have held up well. They are easy to remove and replace daily if necessary.
on August 6, 2013
I got 4 of these in April to help heat up my pool, they did the job, however in July, they started to change color a little and aren't keeping air as they should. If you are looking for rings that are easy to remove, these are easy but They don't connect together like the Sunshade ones do, so if you have wind, they could and will blow away. To complete the pool, I will be getting a different brand.
on July 23, 2015
These things are awesome!

About 5 years ago I tried one of the original solar ring products. They were round, more expensive, flipped over on themselves in the slightest breeze and would blow completely off the pool in a mild breeze, they were more difficult taking on and off and much thinner vinyl so they leaked all the time.

The SwimWays ThermaSpring product is a fantastically better product! The oval shape is much easier to work with for placing on and removing from the pool and stacking them; the plastic ring around the outside maintains their shape and even a strong wind didn't bother them; and they are obviously made of heavier gauge vinyl because these things are not flimsy and have some weight to them.

Now granted they're not inexpensive to properly outfit your pool the first time. I bought a total of 32 which is slightly more than what was recommended to cover my 18' x 36' inground pool, but they keep my pool incredibly warm. Before SwimWays our solar heater struggled to maintain 80°-84° F when night time temps dropped to the low 60°s F. With Swimways it's the water temperature has consistently been 88°-92° F! I love it!