Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

• Customer Reviews

on August 18, 2013
Being a "Golf Nut" and having invented many training devices, some even patented, I purchased the device and tried out in my indoor golf training room. After a simple time of learning about its set-up and use, the swing path that has plagued my golf game and frustrated me for years was revealed immediately. The close up views of the club making impact revealed the dreaded outside-in club path, even the open club face was undeniable. The side views of my swing showed the over the top swing. My first attempts to correct the swing plane were unsuccessful until I forced myself to learned an inside to outside swing and felt that I could trust it. Now that I have done this, the device keeps me on target and reinforces the correct swing path. It is truly amazing how accurate it is. The swing speed and tempo read outs are also remarkable. My training room is filled with teaching devices that promise but don't deliver. This devices works, even my 10 year old son has had success. Thank you to the folks at Swing Smart.
on February 14, 2013
I recently purchased the SwingSmart and mine did not work right out of the box. I contacted Angelo at the support desk for SwingSmart and he gave me pointers to try. When all else failed, he sent me a new switch - no questions asked.
That is OUTSTANDING customer service.
The new unit works great. It gives accurate reading on tempo of swing and club face angle (2 of the biggest issues I am trying to address). It is definitely a must have if you don't want to spend $$ on a pro lessons (or in addition to them). Plus, its fun to get the feedback right away and also view your swing plane.
on January 11, 2015
After dozens of golf swings (with it properly connected via Bluetooth to my iPad and later my iPhone), it has recorded ONE SWING. I admit the information from that one swing was great, but buying the SwingSmart has turned into a HUGE mistake at its hefty price. I have two support requests into the company, but I believe it just doesn't work.

Update 16 Jan
I obtained a replacement module from Amazon and in addition have exchanged over a dozen emails with the company, the SwingSmart still fails to record my swings. I have provided the company with videos of its setup and use and their only suggestion has been to turnoff the WiFi on my iPad. This did not solve the problem. The iPad app senses the module is turned on as it does establish a Bluetooth connection. There have been no other active devices with BlueTooth on when I have attempted to use the SwingSmart. It just will not work.

Update 20 Jan
I have exchanged at least 10 emails with SwingSmart's support people and they have been very responsive, but the module has not worked. They have suggested electronic interference so I walked to a nearby park with no homes or buildings within 100 yards. The module was attached per instructions and connected to my iPad with Bluetooth. The iPad app showed the module was communicating with the iPad. After a half dozen swings, not one was recorded/received by the iPad from the SwingSmart module. The SwingSmart is being returned. The company is sending a tested/working module to try. Hope is eternal.
on October 7, 2013
I really loved the product when I first got it. Worked as advertised but only for 3 weeks. I hit around 400 balls total and it died. Had to return it. I really hope some day they make it more sturdy! I Don't recommend buying it now.
on February 2, 2013
The SwingSmart I received was a dud.

Three problems with the meter itself:

1) Stopped working: The meter stopped working within 1 hour of my first driving range session. I could not get it to reconnect nor could I get it to turn back on. I charged it up the night before to 100%. I have tried it several times since and it never turned back on.

2) Incorrect swing speed: It incorrectly recorded my 8 iron ranging from 82-92 mph, with multiple readings at 92 mph. That's too fast.

3) Incorrect swing plane: It incorrectly recorded a PGA professional coming "over the top" on multiple swings; even with an exaggerated inside-out swing plane, it showed him coming over the top; i was standing behind the pro and he was not coming over the top.

I am still waiting to hear back from SwingSmart (it has been almost 3 weeks) to send me a replacement. They told me they'll FedEx me a new unit, but so far I've received nothing. Waiting patiently, but my patience is running out.

Based on my experience, save your money - I do not recommend purchasing the SwingSmart.

-------------

Update: 2/12/13

Angelo @ SwingSmart is top shelf. He's true to his word and sent me a replacement module via FedEx. The only problem is, the replacement module was so small that my wife didn't see the module wrapped in the paper and accidentally recycled it! So I returned my original SwingSmart set and plan on purchasing a new one in the future.

In summary, my experience with the SwingSmart was mixed - the product showed great promise but had a few bugs in it. The customer service and support from Angelo @ SwingSmart is excellent, and gives me the confidence to do business with his Company again. Due to a boneheaded move within my household - and at no fault to SwingSmart, I returned my SwingSmart. My plan is to purchase a new SwingSmart in the future.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 16, 2014
I have tried (note tried) using this items 4 times now. Out of 300 range balls, I have been able to get the device to recognize only 37 swings. Each time out it will work for about 10 swings and then all of a sudden it stops recognizing the device. My first night out with it was a disaster, none of the swings were recognized. I'm not sure any of the advertised devices would be any better because comments I have read on each of them say pretty much what I am providing. I will say the 37 swings it has recorded have been helpful and using the video replay I was able to stop the swing at various points along my line and pick up some of my mistakes, but that is the only bright spot. I recommend you think twice before buying this product.
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Bob,
Sorry you had some problems. I talked to our support manager, and he contacted you via email, but didn't hear back. I'm confident whatever issues you experienced, we can resolve. SwingSmart is the best swing analyzer in the business, and we provide whatever support is necessary to get every one of our customers satisfied. Please get back to us at support@swingsmart.com and we'll get things straightened out.
Thanks,
Tom from SwingSmart
on April 23, 2013
Great idea but it only captures about 3 out of every 10 swings. Frustrating! Needs to be more reliable to be worth the price.
on March 26, 2016
It hunk they are out of business. My device was faulty, which tech support acknowledged and sent a replacement which worked for a few swings then broke again. Now support is unresponsive and I'm assuming they are out of business. My advice is buy another device because there is a good chance you'll have a paper weight and no way of getting help, just like me. If support comes to life I'll update this review because when it works it's good.
on July 24, 2014
Ordering the product from Amazon was easy and they delivered as they indicated.
The device is pretty easy to install and getting the device to pair up with my iphone and my tablet was pretty painless.
I do like the data it provides me when I have the device in training mode (one of the best features that I wanted). This will enable me to practice inside during the cold MN winter. I do not know how accurate the numbers are but am not sure if it matters as long you use in relative terms.
One annoying thing is that when the device detects some sort of an odd swing and he is unable to analyze it then it wants you to email the data back to the vendor so that they can improve their algorithm. However when this happens and the display is locked (even though it says it is not) until you go back to the home page again.

I wish the device had the data for all the clubs from bunch of good golfers so that you can compare the different swings so that you can correct your inefficiencies.
All in all it is a nice toy.
on September 22, 2014
Really helped fixing my out to in swing by seeing the angle at impact. Mine broke after a few weeks. They're replacing for free, took 2 weeks to get the replacement. Also nice to be able to see your swing speed.