|Additional Multi-Format options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Prime Members||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
• Art Imitates Life: Writing the Story
• Life Creates Art: Getting “Swingers” Made
• Life Imitates Art: “Swingers” Culture
• Art Creates Life: Life After “Swingers”
• The Cutting Room Floor
• Audio Commentary
• Illustrated Action Commentary
• “Swingblade” Short Film
• Original Theatrical Trailer
Top Customer Reviews
Top 10 reasons to get your hands on this movie now:
(1) It's fast-paced, well edited (not one wasted scene) and frequently laugh-out-loud funny. If you hear people dismiss this as an inconsequential narrative about a "bunch of losers trying to get laid", I'm afraid they just have not watched the entire movie. I am not into the "Spy who shagged me" genre of humor, but this movie will truly grow on you.
(2) It'll ring a bell with almost anyone, particularly guys. Mike -- a crestfallen loverboy (Jon Favreau) is in the throes of a breakup, and his confidence has hit rock bottom. (Sidenote: Favreau is a very ordinary looking guy, which in fact imho is the power of his character.) Under the aegis of his friend Trent (Vince Vaughn, in top form, a lot better than his controlled acting in, gulp, The Psycho) Mike re-learns how to get back up on his feet and take reins of his life/emotions again. While this happens, we are treated to a bunch of every-day faux pas that we all can identify with in a blink. Interested yet?
(3) The boys' camaraderie is infectious. If you watch this movie with friends -- and this indeed is the best way to watch it! -- you'll know what I mean. This has to be one of the most honest portrayals of relationships between friends -- both the lover and the platonic variety.
(4) Call me weird but I loved the sound track, a delectable blend of underground jazz and triphop.Read more ›
This is the kind of movie that every man can relate to on at least one level. Most men can probably relate to both of the main characters: each representing one side of us in our dealings with women. On the one hand, the sensitive man who isn't afraid to reveal himself - and on the other hand, the player, who doesn't have any pretentions and makes no apologies for his brash behavior. Both are real and both have their pros and cons. They are both well-represented in Swingers.
I first saw this movie when I was about 17 years old. I loved the characters and I loved the flow of the movie, but I find that when I watch it now (in my mid-20s), I appreciate it on a whole different level. For those of us who are shy and reserved, this movie almost makes you want to come out of your shell. It can almost be called "inspirational" in how it will goad you to get the hell out there are let it all hang out. Great lines are delivered throughout the script. Mike and Trent compliment each other very well and they have some great scenes together.
This is an indie-film classic. The kind of movie that you never get tired of.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Helped me get through a difficult time. So many memorable scenes.Published 6 days ago by John Goldsworthy
Grade A movie for anybody going thru a break up. Your so Money you don't even know itPublished 12 days ago by Juan fermin
Still as great as the first time I watched it. Lost count of all the catch phrases I've retained from this flick.Published 17 days ago by Jeffrey S Clay
Still as hip as when it was released.
A simpler time, maybe, but the real human interaction that many of us miss from today's more tech-laden social scene is exactly the... Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Miramax Home Entertainment > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Miramax Home Entertainment > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Miramax Home Entertainment > Drama
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Miramax Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Miramax Home Video > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Miramax Home Video > Drama