5.0 out of 5 stars Best stapler I've ever used
I was sick of my cheapo stapler at work and bought this one from Home Depot. It is the best stapler that I've ever used. It's nicely weighted and has a very fluid motion. It fits easily into my hand and has never jammed in three years of usage. $20 may seem a bit high for a stapler, but this one will give you years of dependable service.
Published on January 30, 2004 by Angela

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of Junk
It's labeled as a 60-page stapler, but they should really clarify that you need to be stapling newsprint to hit that number. Good luck stapling even 40 pages of 20# copy paper with this thing.
Published 18 months ago by Josh

5.0 out of 5 stars Best stapler I've ever used, January 30, 2004
This review is from: Swingline High Capacity Desk Stapler, Reduced Effort, 60 Sheets, Black (S7077701) (Office Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy duty stapler, January 15, 2007
Jeanette Johnson "Jan" (Soldotna, AK United States) - See all my reviews
I like this stapler for when you have more than twenty sheets to staple. It works great. I bought one for work and home. It does take special staples but they last a long time because you are not always using this stapler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the Optima staples, August 30, 2009
Q (The Continuum) - See all my reviews
This is a great stapler that easily staples thick essays. But be sure to get Swingline Optima jam-free high capacity staples. They're the only ones that don't jam.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easiest hi capacity stapler I've ever used, July 21, 2010
This is a really easy stapler to use and it truly does staple a huge stack of papers very easily. I have one of those whoppin' heavy duty staplers in my office that I typically use once or twice a day. I haven't used it once since I got this stapler. One benefit this stapler has over the above mentioned whopper is that this stapler's staples are the same thickness as a standard staple so they can be removed with a standard staple remover. With the typical heavy duty staples I have to use the needle nose pliers. It's a bit of a negative to have to buy the specialty staples, but it's just a matter of fact that it takes a longer staple to contain a larger stack of papers. It's really convenient to use the same stapler for 2 sheets or 60 sheets. My one complaint about the stapler has been the size and odd location of the stapling mechanism. It's larger than I had expected and the stapling mechanism is set halfway back on the body of the stapler. Because there is such a long upper part of the stapler it obscures the papers when I try to align them under the stapling mechanism. I assume the long upper part is to allow more leverage to make stapling a large stack of papers easier. I've been using the stapler 2 or 3 weeks and I'm getting used to this difference. I have arthritis in my right hand and this stapler is easier to squeeze than a standard stapler. The features of this stapler at this price make it an excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars great stapler, if you have room on your desk, January 26, 2010
This is a big stapler; twice as big as my previous desk stapler. Lots of power and extra long staples let it easily punch through and bind thick stacks of paper without jamming.

This stapler does require Swingline Optima 35550 high-capacity staples. I do not know if any other brand or model of staples will work properly. The staples are expensive on Amazon, but big box office supply stores carry them less than $5 per box. The stapler comes with a few strips of staples that you can use until you get a chance to buy more.

High Capacity Staples, 3/8"" Leg, 60 Sheet Capacity, 125 Strip Count, 2,500/Box (SWI35550)

5.0 out of 5 stars Plain and simple high quality stapler, April 21, 2011
David (Sacramento, CA USA) - See all my reviews
When you first see this stapler you are expecting more only because it is so simple. It is not big or fancy, complicated in any way, it just a high quality metal stapler. Easy to put staples in; extremely easy to staple many sheets of paper... matter of fact it is just as easy stapling two sheets with my other small old metal swingline. I can't see how anyone could dislike it.

If you want to simply and eaily staple large bunches of paper; this high quality staple is a great choice

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Stapler, June 9, 2010
This stapler has been able to handle every stack of paper that I've stapled for the past 3+ years. Even if I just have a few sheets, I find myself ignoring my regular stapler and finding this one because it staples completely flat (no two bumbs that are usually in the staple). It never jams and is completely metal and very durable. I recommend this for both light and heavy use.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've stopped my search for a stapler that actually works, April 13, 2009
I've owned this stapler for over 5 years now. I've always used the recommended Swingline staples (they are a special size). I can always get a nice stapling of a stack of papers, whether it is 2 sheets or 40+ sheets. Every other low to medium capacity stapler I've used for the past 20 years always managed to jam or not properly staple the stack of sheets. The failures happened regardless of brand: noname, Bostitch, and Swingline. I cannot remember any occurrence where this model failed to work.

Although the unit is fairly heavy for hand held use, the efforts are fairly light for thick stacks of paper. It has a nice rubberized base that won't move around on a desk.

I now only use 2 staplers. This model and a high-capacity (100+ sheets) Swingline.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of Junk, January 3, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars poorly made, jams easily, breaks easily, October 5, 2012
J. Gold (Corvallis, Oregon United States) - See all my reviews
I've had two of these break on me from light use (2 staples per day/7 days) through 60-70 sheets of credit card receipts. Looking for something better.

Rate and Discover Movies