5.0 out of 5 stars A real workhorse
Published 18 months ago by PAB

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Okay!
Pros: Quite, fast, reliable, can pile up papers until your ready to shred
Cons: Very large, cannot auto-shred heavy weight paper or junk mail, cannot auto shred small sheets of paper, cannot fold paper in half, holds more like 300 sheets not 500 sheets of paper.

Published 6 months ago by DeAnna P.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A real workhorse, March 27, 2013
Had over 250 boxes left over from an old business that had to be shredded. This worked just as advertised as a "close and play" shredder. Stick in a stack of paper, close the lid, and it took off. Only jammed a couple of times. Seems if you have too many papers stapled together, it will jam up. Just had to poke around to clean things up and it was good to go. Worked as good with the first stack as the last.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, August 24, 2012
Replaced a 10 year old fellowes, and after a month, it is still working like new in a heavy office environment. Paper is placed into 'bin', doo closed, and the machine feeds itself. Has not jammed or been a problem, so it's a good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful so far!, May 24, 2013
I was a bit hesitant to spend this much for a shredder, even though when I got it the price was almost half the MSRP on the company website. However, after having used it so far for only a few days, I can not believe how easy it is to use, how quiet it is (for a shredder) and how much paper I have been able to finally get shredded, with minimal effort on my part.

This was bought for a small office and prior to this, we had 2 small shredders, one of which broke after only a fair amount of use. The other only takes 5 sheets at a time. Considering the years worth of paper that needed to be shredded, there was no way I was going to use the small shredder. We had considered contacting a shredding company, but as we are rather small, no one seemed too keen on taking us on as a customer. I am glad now that we decided to purchase this instead. So far, it has been well worth the price.

The shredder is easy to set up. It is easy to use and the self clearing jam function is really reliable. I highly recommend this shredder. The ability to put a stack of paper in and then go about your work is most convenient. Should I have any problems in the future (as I said, we have only been using it for a few days so far) I will be sure to update this review.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Okay!, March 5, 2014
Pros: Quite, fast, reliable, can pile up papers until your ready to shred

Note: All junk mail or small items have to be individually dropped into the top of the machine for shredding.

Additional information: Make sure you purchase Swingline shredder oil as this product doesn't come with it and the machine will not run without it. The 30-60 gallon Swingline shredder begs are too thin. I have just started using regular 55-60 gallon trash bags that tie close (no draw-strings).

5.0 out of 5 stars It Rips, It Shreds, It's AMAZING!, August 28, 2012
The Swingline Stack and Shred hands free shredder is awsome! We put a stack of 500 sheets inside the lid in about 15 minutes all the papers were gone. There is nothing I can say bad about this shredder. Great for any home or office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine for an office environment, May 16, 2013
We love the feature where you can put a stack in and close the lid and just walk away. The one thing we did learn that if the machine stops shredding check to see if the bin is full....we emptied it and it took right off again. I even have a Supervisor who is not good with most equipment whether it is a fax machine, copier, etc......even she said I LOVE THAT SHREDDER. The security feature is good too....we have confidential documents we shred at times. You just put your documents in close the lid and punch your 4 digit personal code and it locks until the job is completed then it unlocks and is ready for the next person. We got a great price through Amazon compared to other vendors. With our prior shredder it lasted a long time but it was consistently getting jammed and you could only feed 2 to 3 sheets at a time & had to oil it all the time and if you over oiled it would cause it to jam also. With this machine you put your oil in and it releases it as needed & you can put up to 500 sheets in area under the lid or if you just have a couple sheets you can feed them through the top slot....Overall a GREAT machine. The only thing that I might not agree with is that bin holds 21 gallons of shredded paper.....I think it is less than that but its no problem for us we just change out the bag go on....no big deal. I would buy it again knowing that.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not industrial., January 4, 2014
High rate of jamming issue and will not shred even small amounts of unopened mail. My old cheap shredder at bought at an offic supply store does a much better job. Total waste of money for me. Not at all worth the money. There are better models out there for less money that do a better job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shreader, July 8, 2013
So far the shreader has worked very well. The girls in the office have not jammed it yet. The auto feed is great just close the lid and it shreads. This way you don't have to judge how many sheets to send through at a time. As long as the staples are taken out of thick groups it determines what it takes and just gets it done so it doesn't jam. So far so good very good shreader.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shredder review, September 10, 2012
We have been a bit disappointed in this shredder. To spend $1,000 on the product and then be frustrated with it is not what I had in mind! You can stack up to 250 sheets in it, but it takes FOREVER to shred and invariably gets jammed. Not as fast as we were hoping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for me., May 8, 2013
Working fine so far. I have been using it a lot. I just need to find the bags that goes with it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›