Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Swingline Auto Feed Paper Shredder, 750 Sheets, Super Cross-Cut, 20+ Users, Stack-and-Shred 750X (1757578)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

We love the feature where you can put a stack in and close the lid and just walk away. The one thing we did learn that if the machine stops shredding check to see if the bin is full....we emptied it and it took right off again. I even have a Supervisor who is not good with most equipment whether it is a fax machine, copier, etc......even she said I LOVE THAT SHREDDER. The security feature is good too....we have confidential documents we shred at times. You just put your documents in close the lid and punch your 4 digit personal code and it locks until the job is completed then it unlocks and is ready for the next person. We got a great price through Amazon compared to other vendors. With our prior shredder it lasted a long time but it was consistently getting jammed and you could only feed 2 to 3 sheets at a time & had to oil it all the time and if you over oiled it would cause it to jam also. With this machine you put your oil in and it releases it as needed & you can put up to 500 sheets in area under the lid or if you just have a couple sheets you can feed them through the top slot....Overall a GREAT machine. The only thing that I might not agree with is that bin holds 21 gallons of shredded paper.....I think it is less than that but its no problem for us we just change out the bag go on....no big deal. I would buy it again knowing that.
on March 5, 2014
Pros: Quite, fast, reliable, can pile up papers until your ready to shred
Cons: Very large, cannot auto-shred heavy weight paper or junk mail, cannot auto shred small sheets of paper, cannot fold paper in half, holds more like 300 sheets not 500 sheets of paper.

Note: All junk mail or small items have to be individually dropped into the top of the machine for shredding.

Additional information: Make sure you purchase Swingline shredder oil as this product doesn't come with it and the machine will not run without it. The 30-60 gallon Swingline shredder begs are too thin. I have just started using regular 55-60 gallon trash bags that tie close (no draw-strings).
on March 27, 2013
Had over 250 boxes left over from an old business that had to be shredded. This worked just as advertised as a "close and play" shredder. Stick in a stack of paper, close the lid, and it took off. Only jammed a couple of times. Seems if you have too many papers stapled together, it will jam up. Just had to poke around to clean things up and it was good to go. Worked as good with the first stack as the last.
on August 24, 2012
Replaced a 10 year old fellowes, and after a month, it is still working like new in a heavy office environment. Paper is placed into 'bin', doo closed, and the machine feeds itself. Has not jammed or been a problem, so it's a good buy!
on May 24, 2013
I was a bit hesitant to spend this much for a shredder, even though when I got it the price was almost half the MSRP on the company website. However, after having used it so far for only a few days, I can not believe how easy it is to use, how quiet it is (for a shredder) and how much paper I have been able to finally get shredded, with minimal effort on my part.

This was bought for a small office and prior to this, we had 2 small shredders, one of which broke after only a fair amount of use. The other only takes 5 sheets at a time. Considering the years worth of paper that needed to be shredded, there was no way I was going to use the small shredder. We had considered contacting a shredding company, but as we are rather small, no one seemed too keen on taking us on as a customer. I am glad now that we decided to purchase this instead. So far, it has been well worth the price.

The shredder is easy to set up. It is easy to use and the self clearing jam function is really reliable. I highly recommend this shredder. The ability to put a stack of paper in and then go about your work is most convenient. Should I have any problems in the future (as I said, we have only been using it for a few days so far) I will be sure to update this review.
on January 4, 2014
High rate of jamming issue and will not shred even small amounts of unopened mail. My old cheap shredder at bought at an offic supply store does a much better job. Total waste of money for me. Not at all worth the money. There are better models out there for less money that do a better job.
on November 16, 2014
This unit overheats constantly, does not grab the paper properly and is always jamming. Good concept but not what I was expecting. It says 300 pages in the loader.... no! Not even 100. and if they are not separated then it just jams. A shredder described like this one should be able to take at least 3 sheets stapled together but not this one.
on August 28, 2012
The Swingline Stack and Shred hands free shredder is awsome! We put a stack of 500 sheets inside the lid in about 15 minutes all the papers were gone. There is nothing I can say bad about this shredder. Great for any home or office.
on February 9, 2016
I can't even begin to tell you what a mess this was. It was like a comedy act. Under the product description it says "Simply stack up to 300 sheets for automatic shredding, lock the lid and walk away". It should say "Simply stack up to 300 sheets for automatic shredding, lock the lid and walk away, and the shredder will start to shred, jam, try to shred again, then just sit there". Or it should say "Simply stack up to 300 sheets for automatic shredding, lock the lid and walk away and you will only have any success if you stack those sheets perfectly aligned without staples, paper clips or even a folded page".

I was so frustrated with this thing that I ended up ripping apart some of the papers rather than shred them. It was quite humorous, I was a better shredder than the shredder.
on August 24, 2015
Shredding capacity is accurate 200 sheets at a time - speed of shredding is fine. All in all, the shredding function is what we needed and expected. However, the size of the bin is inadequate. A shredder with this shredding capacity should have a much larger capture bin! The bag must be emptied constantly (every 400 sheets, which is only 2 runs at the full capacity.)

The point of this shredder is to be able to shred at high volume - so why such a disproportionately small capture bin?

I guess it's a good way to sell bags.