5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, easy to handle, simple design
I've been using this stand (and the hammock combo) for about 6 weeks now and I couldn't be happier. The stand is 5 pieces that go together easily, no tools, muss, or fuss. It was exactly what I needed since my yard has exactly one tree.
Published on September 9, 2003 by M. S. Gartner

1.0 out of 5 stars Omni/Swings 'N Things 586 Hammock Stand - Green Finish
This hammock stand is a piece of junk! I put the stand together and attached the hammock. When I sat in it the bottom support bar broke. Now I am not a small person (6'4" 250lbs), but the data says it will hold 500 lbs, this dosen't even hold 250lbs. My recommendation is save your money and attach your hammock to two trees.
Published on March 31, 2002

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, easy to handle, simple design, September 9, 2003
This review is from: Omni Swings n' Things Hammock Stand, Green (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Lawn & Patio)
The hammock that Amazon basically gave away with the combo is not the best hammock you can buy (I mostly use my own) but you can't really argue with free. It is a almost too short for my 6' height and the ropes are quite a bit thicker than the hammock I had previously (and still mostly use). I take this hammock with me on picnics and such and figure it's disposable if it gets damaged while on the road.
I am not a small person, 6' 270 lbs., and I do have the hammock in the highest position using the chains, but I have had no problems with the stand or the hammock. Two good sized people and a child have used the hammock with no problems (still under the stated 500 lb. limit).
Because of the simplicity of design and the easy breakdown and setup I have taken the hammock to picnics and parties in my trunk (I do have to fold the back seat down to fit the long pieces).
My only wish were that the pipe ends had some kind of rubber seal, or maybe a locking pin, that would make it a little easier for one person to move the stand around when mowing (it comes apart easily if you try to pull on one end, but never while using it). If you have two people carefully moving it there is no problem, with one person you have to walk it back and forth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Strong, April 2, 2003
Essentially this stand is 5 painted pipes. Big, thick painted pipes. You have two bases that have a V-shaped coupling in the middle on top of them. One pipe connects the V couplings of each base, which then causes the other ends of the V couplings to be angled just right to put in the two remaining pipes that extend upwards.
The exposed ends of all the pipes are covered with rubber caps that fit tightly so not to fall off. You get two chains that attach to the highest points of the stand, and then to your hammock.
Short of planting perfectly placed trees, and waiting 20 years, this stand is a great way to get a nice hammock into your yard. It's assembly and disassembly is so simple that you might even consider taking it to a friend's house for a weekend party.

1.0 out of 5 stars Omni/Swings 'N Things 586 Hammock Stand - Green Finish, March 31, 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and well constructed, October 9, 2002
By A Customer
I bought this stand...when they had the stand and Swing N' Things 575 Hammock bundled for [money]. So far its more than worth it. The stand is pretty heavy (about 40 lbs) and very strong. Only thing that would be nice to have on it is the ability for the pieces to interlock so you could lift and move the stand around easier. The connecting tubes are reinforced with thick colors on the ends to keep the openings from expanding and the paint coats all of the outside of the tubing and some of the inside. The end caps on the feet are made of a rubber/plastic type material that doesn't slip and doesn't do a lot of damage to wood decks. Though if you push it around on your deck, the weight of it will leave some light indentations of where you've been pushing it around. We had no problem with 2 adults on it.
When i received the package, it was missing the hammock supporting chains, but after calling the manufacturer, they happily shipped me the missing parts via 3-5 day UPS ground

5.0 out of 5 stars Summer Here I Come, May 6, 2002
By A Customer
Summer time means Hammock time for my family. We do not have the right trees in our backyard to support our hammock so this was the perfect purchase - not to mention the free rope hammock. We have not had any problems with the construction of the stand and are very pleased with the quality and value of this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, sturdy enough to hold two adults, June 29, 2002
We live in the desert where trees are scarce as rain, so a stand was a necessity if we wanted that swingin'-in-a-hammock experience so key to summer. This stand has been sturdy and well-made; it holds two adults with no problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Stand and Durable, December 13, 2002
By A Customer
This is a great hammock stand. I bought it for my husband along with a great hammock from amazon for his birthday last summer. This stand is so strong and durable. My husband and I and all 4 of our young children have laid in the hammock and it never wobbled. It's easy to move to mow around and the green blends in with the woods and grass around our yard. A MUST FOR ANY HAMMOCK USER!!

1.0 out of 5 stars If you weight more than 240 lbs., do not buy this!!!, September 6, 2004
I have experienced the exact same thing as the March 31, 2002 post. After placing my double sized hammock on the stand at the highest notche, the support bars bent at where they angle up. And I only used the hammock stand for not even 2 hours. I think 6'2" (240 lbs.) is under the 500 lbs. maximum. Unless the manufacturer forgot to move the decimal place to the left one position (i.e., 50 lbs. maximum).

4.0 out of 5 stars good hammock stand, October 23, 2005
Eric Thobaben (Waukesha, WI USA) - See all my reviews
I like this hammock stand. It's not stupendous, but it's quite good. It's sturdy and easy to assemble.

The only thing that isn't quite right (but is still functional) is that, due to the "V-bars" (the ones that project up from the ground) not fitting very tightly into their supports, the V-bars move a little when I sit in my hammock. It's not a big deal, but I feel that I should sit down carefully; I'd prefer if I didn't have to sit down carefully. That's the only reason that I give it 4 stars intsead of 5.

I'd recommend this hammock stand to a friend (it's good for the price), but I'd mention the bit above too.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice and sturdy stand, August 8, 2005
this hammock stand serves the purpose very nicely, looks enormous. came with free shipping, and arrived very quickly. the box it came in was torn, but all parts were there. all in all i am quite pleased with this item.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›