- Includes FREE MP3 version of this album Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "The Swiss Army Romance” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 61% off the $13.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
The Swiss Army Romance
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
"The Sharp Hint Of New Tears" (5/5): I can't help but sing along with this song.
"Living In Your Letters" (4/5): Really emotional lyrics about a person the songwriter cares about.
"The Swiss Army Romance" (5/5): The title track is superb. Extremely catchy.
"Turpentine Chaser" (5/5): The bridge of this song is so good it gives me the chills.
"A Plain Morning" (3/5): This is not a bad song, just not great.
"Age Six Racer" (4/5): Really touching lyrics and soft background vocals make this one great.
"Again I Go Unnoticed" (5/5): An intensly emotional tune.
"Ender Will Save Us All" (5/5): Another song that is always stuck in my head, i love it.
"Shirts And Gloves" (4/5): This soft ballad is a winner.
"Hold On" (3/5): I don't know why, but this one doesn't do anything for me.
"This Is A Forgery" (4/5): Kind of different for Dashboard, but not bad at all.
"Hidden Track" (4/5): I enjoy the raw feel of this song.
Chris Carraba's first release as Dashboard Confessional is a great album. It was re-released three years after it came out, now with some bonus tracks. The real gems here are the title track and "Again I Go Unnoticed." There are only like one or possibly two songs that i skip through when listening to this. Great effort overall.
Rating: Four stars.
Okay, about the actual music. Every song has excellent lyrics, and it always seems to be the background music when I want to just sit and think about things. I love the singer's voice, something about it just makes him sound meaningful. He can hit some of the higher notes, but doesn't go out of a range that we can't all sing along to. I always sing to the music... ahhahaha i am usually not so very carefree when I sing. But there is something emotional to this music that makes you feel like you don't have to sound nice to sing it.
I love the fact that it is all pretty much acoustic. I don't know why. I am bad at explaining. . . this is a bad review sorry. :). All I can say is after hearing this CD I was so in love with it. You may be too.
The lyrics running throughout the album are intelligent and heartfelt, and the music passionate and excellent.
1) Screaming Infidelities - 5/5. A brilliant track, both lyrically and musically. Sung with real soul, a very moving acoustic tune.
2) The Sharp Hint of New Tears - 5/5 Another excellent track, with again great lyrical and musical talent. Slightly shorter, and more remenicent of their older vein of music.
3) Living in your Letters - 4/5. Though another excellent song, having heard it a few times over it becomes a little old faster than many of the other tracks on the album. An excellent song nevertheless.
4) The Swiss Army Romance - 4/5. The title track doesn't let it down. A good song, though perhaps with a similar problem to track 3.
5) Turpentine Chaser 5/5. Without a doubt my favourite track on the album, great vocal range from Carrabba, best track lyrically; an overall awesome listen.
6) A Plain Morning - 5/5. Great song, a change from the vocal range and passion from Carrabba, moving to a more relaxed, sedated song.
7) Age Six Racer - 5/5. Short and sweet, the song delivers rosy lyrics with a brilliant acoustic accompanyment.
8) Again I go Unnoticed - 4/5. A distinctly more Emo song, the reason I docked a mark from this was because Carrabba had a poor vocal range on this, as he seemed to struggle to reach the top notes.
9) Ender will Save us All - 4/5. An excellent track, mellow but with passionate singing at times. Perhaps a little too long, my attention tends to wonder after the first four minutes of this plus 5 minute song.
10) Shirts and Gloves - 4/5.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Such a great album, of some of their best music. If you're a Dashboard fan and you don't have this, you're not a Real fan.Published 13 months ago by TAllen
dont know what you expect out of a review over a digital album, if your buy this music without listening to some of the songs on youtube, no sympathy if you hate itPublished 22 months ago by Brandon S.
This album is what Dashboard Confessional is about to me. The raw talent of Chris Caraba comes shining through!! Read morePublished on October 5, 2010 by fullmoonbeauty
I love this CD. It has better versions of some old songs and great new ones that don't get old quickly.Published on August 5, 2007 by C. London
I'm changing my original rating from 5s to 2s. This is not a very good CD. I thought it was boring.Published on October 27, 2006 by Jarrod S. Adams
This is the first of many excellent albums filled with heartfelt lyrics, beautiful music (including Chris's acoustic guitar) and just all around wonderful emo music. Read morePublished on September 17, 2006 by Hanan V.
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|THIS IS A FRIGGING BOYBAND WHY IS THIS CRAP LISTED UNDER PUNK ROCK?...||
Who cares? Get over it.
May 9, 2007 by Bradley | See all 3 posts
|amazon take all of this pop and emo and art and nerd and boyband crap...||Be the first to reply|
|Ender will save us all||Be the first to reply|