5.0 out of 5 stars Best hot chocolate k-cup I've tried yet
I have tried a number of hot chocolate cups in the past. All of them have had the same, soy-like aftertaste that always ruined the experience.

The Swiss Miss cups have no soy (I just double-checked the label), only milk (powdered). The taste is quite chocolatey with a pleasant aftertaste. On the six-ounce brew setting, the flavor is quite rich.

If...
Published on October 20, 2011 by Spahrticus

2.0 out of 5 stars Stick to the packets!
Published on December 8, 2011 by bgibb

2.0 out of 5 stars Stick to the packets!, December 8, 2011
This review is from: Swiss miss Hot Cocoa, Milk Chocolate, K-Cup Portion Pack for Keurig K-Cup Brewers 12-Count (Grocery)
Don't waste your money on these cups...buy the packets and use you Keurigs smallest cup size (5.25 oz.) The packets are much cheaper and have real sugar. These DO use an artificial sweetener and you WILL notice, especially in the aftertaste. I have used 3-4 of these cups in the last week or so, then made some straight from a packet I already had...the packet was 100 times better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best hot chocolate k-cup I've tried yet, October 20, 2011

If you have been looking for a good hot chocolate for your Keurig, and found others wanting, you may want to give these a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cocoa K-Cup, November 24, 2011
I tried the other Hot Cocoa K-cups and didn't care for them. They had a funny aftertaste to them. I purchased these and I LOVE THEM! They taste like Hot Cocoa and no bad aftertaste. I will be buying these again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum!, October 24, 2011
Delicious! I'm not a coffee drinker, but I love my mom's Keruig. These K-cups are the best hot chocolate I have come across. I make the 8oz. cup and it's so rich and delicious. The perfect cup of hot chocolate. I would totally recommend these for anyone looking for a new K-cup of hot chocolate.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre is the only appropriate word..., January 6, 2012
One of the really big selling points of the Keurig brewer was that it produced hot beverages other than just coffee. Teas, cappuccinos and hot chocolates were all available and we were eager to try them. I did my research after we got our brewer for Christmas, though, and was really disappointed to read a pile of negative reviews for pretty much every hot chocolate brand available.

The Swiss Miss hot chocolate was on sale at our local grocery store so we decided we had to try it. It had ranked a little bit higher than most of the other brands so I held out hope that it would work out. I brewed a small cup when we got home and gave it a shot. The consistency that came out of the machine was nice and the consistency didn't seem watery.

This tastes exactly like the no calorie Swiss Miss hot chocolate available in sleeves. While you're drinking it, it tastes alright, but then it's followed by a very plasticy synthetic aftertaste. There's no mistaking the artificial sweetener here and I can see how that would bother a lot of people, especially those with sensitive taste buds.

I think we'll finish the rest of the box, but I'm not convinced we'll repurchase. We'll probably just use the Keurig to prepare the water and then use traditional hot chocolate packets.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hot mess, September 20, 2012
These swiss miss k cups don't really work, there is at least 1/3 of the chocolate powder left in the k cup. I tried tapping the cup to get things stirred up before placing it in the machine, no luck. The hot chocolate is weak even on the smallest setting. It also has a bit of an aftertaste. I'll keep looking, this one is not a keeper.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good until aftertaste hits, January 26, 2012
This is one of the better k-cup hot chocolates but it still has the sweetener aftertaste that is shared by all the hot chocolate k-cups.

2.0 out of 5 stars You know how you use 2 packets for one mug of cocoa..., January 7, 2012
sarai johnson (HORSHAM, PA, US) - See all my reviews
Well you can't use 2 K-cups. It comes out very weak no matter which size mug you set the keurig. The K-cups are way more expensive also. No real point in buying them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Swiss Miss K-Cup, June 15, 2012
This is the best hot chocolate for the Kurig I have tasted yet. I had previously bought the Cafe milk chocolate ones, but I was not impressed with the flavor. This one is definitely a winner!

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it!, January 8, 2012
I was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews of various K-Cup hot cocoas, but I was pleasantly surprised that the Swiss Miss brand lived up to it's conventional powder-in-a-pouch brother. I use it on the smaller cup settings, but that seems to be a perfect amount for the kids anyway. The only "drawback" is that you should run a small cup cycle without a K-Cup just to rinse out the equipment before your next cup of something different. You aren't brewing here, just mixing, so it does leave a little cocoa in the cup basket. Not a big deal. Overall a hit! Quick, tasty and no mess!

Rate and Discover Movies