5.0 out of 5 stars Compact
Compact but not too much. Does not perform well in high winds (but no umbrella does), although I has no problem returning to its shape when turned inside out.
Published 12 months ago by Warren Burkholder

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so durable
Published on December 9, 2011 by R. Winkley

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so durable, December 9, 2011
R. Winkley (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this product based on reviews already posted and because it was within my price range. It arrived in good condition but after two uses the stitching that attaches the umbrella to the ends of the spines began to break. In all, four of these attach points failed - I have reconnected them using safety pins. This is something that happens to many of these collapsible type umbrellas (at least when I've owned them) but had not expected it to happen so quickly. May have been a faulty umbrella to begin with - am pleased that the seller is replacing it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely broke after one use, December 28, 2011
This review is from: Swiss Gear Comfort Grip Travel Umbrella (Apparel)
I got this umbrella as part of a Christmas gift for my boyfriend, and two days after Christmas he was able to use it. It was not a rain storm in any way, just some steady rain. Within five minutes, tho of the spokes ripped off the material and were sticking straight out with no way to reattach it. On our way back home, it happened to two more spokes which lead the umbrella to turn inside out and in turn completely caused all of the metal inside to bend, resulting in what looked like a pancake with 4 metal spokes protruding from it. I opted to return this item rather than exchange it, because there I just can't trust this brand or product again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fabric detached on first use, January 21, 2012
This review is from: Swiss Gear Comfort Grip Travel Umbrella (Apparel)
On my first use, the fabric detached from three of the "arms" and on my second use it detached from 3 more. Because I am on a trip and couldn't buy another one I just sewed the fabric back together and it works fine, nevertheless it is a poor quality product that won't even last for a slight rainy day with no wind.
DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT, you can get much better products for less money.

1.0 out of 5 stars very bad.Does it have any warranty?, October 21, 2012
This is a very bad product. I paid for 15$. It got broken into two pieces after several uses.
Really bad quality.Does it have any warranty? This is the worst thing I ever bought.
HATE IT FOREVER

1.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP CHINESE FAKE. Do not buy., December 15, 2011
This review is from: Swiss Gear Comfort Grip Travel Umbrella (Apparel)
This umbrella is not an original swissgear. This is a cheap, fake, that collapsed in a week. Fabric, metal construction made of low quality materials, even labels printed in low quality paper. So disapointed!

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke the second time I tried to open it, December 26, 2011
This review is from: Swiss Gear Comfort Grip Travel Umbrella (Apparel)
This umbrella broke the second time I tried to open it. In the first use it did not seem very sturdy. You get what you pay for, I guess.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total junk. Don't by it., January 22, 2014
This literally broke the second time I opened it. It was completely useless afterwards. I was backpacking through Europe. Ended up getting soaked that day and it took forever to recover from it as I had no great way to dry my clothes. This is a flimsy piece of junk. Don't be stupid. Don't by this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Customer Service, February 4, 2012
The company was very helpful when we received our orignal umbrella with several prongs broken - even sent a new umbrella, which is in good shape.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke After Minimal Use, January 14, 2014
Carey (Boulder, CO) - See all my reviews
I bought this umbrella for a trip to Iceland last spring. After stepping off of a bus and opening my umbrella the handle broke away from the umbrella piece and the umbrella rolled across the sidewalk. I was able to get the umbrella piece back and put it into the shaft of the handle, but now it never stays high, it always slides down towards my hand. This just seems to be a poorly built umbrella from a company I'm surprised would have such poor quality in one of its products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, October 11, 2013