Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 27, 2014
This passport cover is everything I wanted. I am not positive of the RFID protection, as I have no way of testing it, but I have read that other reviewers have tested it and it works. The cover was delivered quickly and in good condition. My passport fit into the cover easily without having to bend it. It also fits snugly enough that it will not fall out. The cover is made of heavy duty black nylon with the Swiss cross insignia on the lower right hand front cover. It is handsome without being flashy. For travelers who do not wish to be detected by thieves or terrorists targeting American citizens, this cover will work beautifully. And there is no need for customs to remove your passport from the cover, as the inside cover is see through. This product is well made. Very good buy. I will be recommending this passport cover to friends and family.
on March 9, 2014
I was walking through an international airport recently when I had my RFI credit cards read by two cash registers (I only discovered this when I got home and found I was billed within 1 minute at the same gate by two vendors that use only RFI scanners for the credit cards.) So, I wanted to protect my passport also. This cover is a bit large for a standard 24 page passport but it does give room to keep a few extra papers or notes in the end flaps. When I had 24 more pages added to my passport for future travels my passport no longer fit into my old cover and so this cover—with RFID protection—was perfect.

It is well made and solid in contruction. At first it was stiff from the RFID protection but as time passed it loosened up. I would get this case before I would buy any of the others I looked at.
on May 11, 2013
Yes these work really well. DO NOT take through the metal detetor, it beeps every time and then they have to pat you down and scan you all sides.
on May 19, 2014
With every new method of tracking identity information, criminals create methods of stealing this information. Such is the way with passport chip storage. Planning a trip out of the country, I became proactive concerning my identity. I researched protection items for credit cards and passports. The reports of testing of the Swiss Gear RFID protection passport cover were impressive and convinced me to purchase the item.

The cover is sturdy, typical of Swiss Gear products. Comparing the thickness of my leather cover to the thickness of the Swiss Gear cover, I find very little difference in bulkiness. My only complaint is the awkwardness of inserting and removing the passport cover when requested at customs.

I definitely recommend this product.
on November 15, 2013
After having my old passport devolve into a tattered mess, I decided to try to go with a more substantial passport cover.
Pros:
Sturdy
Decent styling

Cons:
Surprisingly bulky
Difficult to store the passport open in the case. When I tried to fit it in the slots, the pages would bend. That being said, I have extra pages in my passport, so that slight extra thickness may be to blame.
A little rough on the quality of construction (theads sticking out and uneven stitching)

Overall: I will use the cover my upcoming trip, but I will be kieeping my eye out for a new one.
on May 10, 2013
Cover was great to have in terms of the RFID protection but since airlines/immigrations people have to swipe the book through their machines, it was annoying to have to remove from pockets of the case when swiping was required - I ended up just tucking passport book into one pocket of the case so it easier to remove when needed.
on January 16, 2015
The mesh that holds the passport in has begun to rip. The RFID protection is a great concept but the metallic construction makes it set off metal detectors so keep in mind you must take it out all the time. Once it is in place it doesn't come out without bending the passport cover slightly. Since you must take it out to pass metal detectors it should be easier to remove so a slide in case would be better. Also most officials want to take it out anyway so you end up taking it out over and over.
on July 26, 2012
The case is sturdy and holds passportand similar sized stuff well but it doesn't have a premium feel usually associated with Swiss Gear andhas a little rough surface finish.
on April 13, 2016
I purchased these for my family to travel internationally. Since we each have two passports, these work perfectly. Although they appear designed to hold one passport, I can easily fit two passports in each one. The quality is very high considering the price, and the RFID protection is a must with newer passports. My only complaint would be how thick the logo is on the front. It appears you could cut it off, but I have not tried. Otherwise, these are great and I definitely recommend.

Pros: RFID protection, quality, fits two passports, looks nice
Cons: thick logo patch on front
review image review image review image review image
on June 28, 2016
Worked perfectly to put 2 closed passports in. We used these to put a passport one in each sleeve. It worked nicely as while traveling most places wanted us to remove the passport from any holder anyways.