Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Swiss+Tech ST20023 Polished Stainless Steel/Blue Utility Key Tool, Micro Pocket Multitools Gift Tin, Set of 3
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

VINE VOICEon June 29, 2013
I couldn't believe the size of these tools when I first saw them. They look like charms for an engineer's charm bracelet. But in fact they deliver pretty much all that you would expect from looking at the description and given that I wanted the Micro-Max 19 in 1 tool, this looked like a good deal for less than twice the price. And you get two more tools and a tin box for keeping them in.

What I like about these tools is is that they are a single place resource for handy tools. I have a bunch of other tools around the house, all of them single use, and what happens is that people take them to somewhere in the house where they need it and forget to bring it back. This for some reason doesn't seem to borrowers to be any great inconvenience, but inevitably after six months, we are wondering where on earth they are.

With three tools, this makes them look a major resource rather than just another single-use Phillips head screwdriver. So people realize there are three tools and that they all have to stay together in the box. Two of these tools attached to a key ring, which is also a good way of keeping them, but the search tool - the 12 in 1 pocket multitool doesn't seem to have an easy way to attach it.

When I received this set, I had to use the usual techniques to unpack them. I don't know whether I've become totally useless over the last couple years, but I find most kinds of packaging annoying. I thought I was can I have trouble opening the tin box, but I managed to get my fingers to just the right angle to open it. Then I was in a position I was a couple of years ago, actually needing a tool to remove it from its container. Two years ago I got a package of six full-size tools from Sears, in one of those clamshell packages. Not only was it difficult to open, but there was a Phillips head screw holding the package together, and the Phillips head screwdriver I needed was still inside the packaging. As well as this, this screw was painted black to match the black packaging in case you might've seen it and realized how to open the package.

In the end I had to remove the tools using the flat blade of my Swiss Army knife. However, after this, things got better. The tools did not look like they were anything great but in fact they opened fairly easily and with a bit of searching I got to find all the different tools. I've used them for a number of tasks and they are more than adequate. Be warned that these three tools boast a total of 37 tools, but there is an overlap with tools having the same kind of screwdrivers, for instance.

But even so there's planty of useful things here. They may not be as good as a single dedicated tool, but should always be near you. In fact, because of their small size, they may help you get to places normal tools are too big for. I can think of few people who wouldn't want this as a gift, and clearly it would never replace a diamond ring, but most women would be happy to have this around the house, and guys would significantly increase their manliness quotient.

For under $20 this is a great deal. It looks like it's good for very little, but in fact the tools are strong and well-thought-out. I can't see any reason not to get it.

Of course people will ask "How do these tools compare to the multi-tools from Leatherman and Gerber," and at great expense I bought myself a Leatherman 831429 Sidekick Multi-Tool just for this reason. A review will follow soon, but I'm sure this Swiss+Tech toolset could even save your life.
on December 1, 2012
I've owned the two piece keychain set previously, and it's come im handy. this has the added bonus of the multi packet tool. Don't forget to take this off when you go thru TSA though, you'll loose it, even though it should be ok because it's so small. even the screwdriver/wrench tool.
on January 6, 2016
I keep the key shaped tool in my wallet, carry-ing every day. Helpful at work, e.g. using as a screwdriver when taking apart the computer keyboard to clean. Or cutting open a cardboard box.
The set of screwdrivers is a bit heavy to carry as a keychain. I keep it in the backpack. Used only several times.
The multitool with the knife is not really good. Feels cheap, the knife is not sharp or not even good quality. And the mechanism did not hold well - cannot really use this item.
on December 8, 2015
Packaged very nicely with a case and directions for each tool. Everything looks really nice and I would definitely consider this a great gifting item. I was looking for a gift for someone who was looking at putting together an emergency kit, and these tools will work perfectly for it because of the compact size. Even though it was well packaged, the metal case was a little dented up. Would buy again.
review image review image review image
on September 7, 2013
This set is ok to look at but no a whole lot else. The Micro-Max 19-in-1 would be handy if the joints that hold the pieces together were made better. The joints seem to be made of a very soft metal and become VERY loose if used. The quality of the metal used in the structure\tool part is made with an ok grade of steal. The Pocket Multi-Tool 12-in-1 is ok but has a lot of flex to the handles and are a high angle to be very useful. The foldout tools look and feel cheep. The Utili-Key 6-in-1 seems to be the best of the three. Over all I'm not impressed with the Swiss+Tech brand of mini tools. I don't think I will buy this brand again. I'll stick with Leatherman or even Gerber.
These are almost like toys. Very diminutive and difficult to use because of that.

The Utili-Key is useless to me. It has a Phillips and flat blade screwdriver and what they call a micro-Eyeglass screwdriver. There's a bottle opener - if you find a bottle with a cap. And a strange short knife blade, part with a straight edge and part with a serrated edge. It's so small though that I am afraid of opening it, for fear that my finger will slip.

The Micro-Max 19-in-1 has a bit more utility value with a pliers, 3 Phillips and 2 flat blades. There's a small awl which could be useful for things like punching a new hole in a belt and - count 'em! - 4 utterly useless rulers. Folds up into a compact, if somewhat ungainly, block of metal that fits on your keychain by opening the pliers.

The Pocket Multi-Tool 12-in-1 is the largest of the set and second least useful. Three flat blade screwdrivers and one Phillips. a nail file and bottle opener.

Like I said, this is almost toy stuff. I'd far prefer having my million-bladed Swiss Army Knife or Leatherman. But this was on sale and so inexpensive that I don't care.

Jerry
on June 10, 2013
I bought this as a gift for a sportmans/ guy who has most everything ! he said it was a ten out of ten for uniqueness, quality and handy for putting in his fly fishing vest. it comes in a nice metal box which looks nice and is practical. Be sure to know its small. Now I have requests to buy a few more from the rest of his family ! Nice !!!
on December 26, 2014
I purchased this as a Christmas gift for a welder/inspecting welder. At first I worried about the small size but that was one of the things he liked most about it when he opened it. I have always had one of these (like the middle piece) on my keychain and it has been very handy to have. (I'm a 50 year old woman). I also purchased a second gift set for one of our church deacons. Very nice gift.
on March 9, 2016
I got this as a gift for my husband and was happily surprised at how much he liked it. He loved the key tool he could easily add to his keyring without anyone even noticing it was there. He's decided that the other two tools where perfect to keep in the glove box of his car for emergencies. He's even decided to keep the tin that they came in to repurpose as a treasure box for the kids! It's always nice to give a gift that brings joy and has no waste including packaging.
on December 16, 2014
Pretty junky--I guess you get what you pay for. Bought as a gift for my nephew. Luckily, I thought I had better inspect it first. The little keychain tool is the only decent one. The blue one broke in my hands. Returned.

These tools are really too tiny to be usable, not to mention the low quality. I'm sure the Swiss don't appreciate having their name attached to them. I see the keychain tool on sale by itself sometimes. Just buy that one. You'll thank me later.