Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Swiss+Tech UKCSB-1 Utili-Key, 2-Pack
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 2, 2010
I've had a Utili-key for years and years and have given many of them as gifts. It is a simple, elegant, why-didn't-I-think-of-that kind of thing, and if you're like me, you will use it often.

The little knife is SHARP and the screwdriver tips are the right size for messing with a computer or your glasses. No, you're not going to accomplish a three-hour project with just this tool, but when out and about, it will turn you into Miracle-Fixit-Mom in the eyes of your kids. :-) The bottle opener can be damned handy on a camping trip or at a party.

It can be a nuisance to open it to get it off your keyring. It closes TIGHT. Given how sharp that blade is, though, I think the correct difficulty has been chosen. I've had my first one for probably five or more years now and it's a little easier to open, but not much... they don't get sloppy over time. The greatest thing about it, of course, is that you always have it with you whenever you have your keys.

One good or bad thing... it's easy to forget and take it on the airplane with you. TECHNICALLY, this is illegal; it's a blade. Functionally, it looks like a key to you, the TSA screeners, and everyone else. Please don't ruin things for the rest of us by freaking out out loud when you realize that you've left your Utili-key on your keyring and they're going to throw it away. Yes, they will, IF you call attention to it. If you keep quiet, you will walk right through security, because the x-ray screener will see a handful of keys and will send them right through. Be cool, and don't become a terrorist with your Utili-key!
on November 20, 2014
after one month got this item, totally counterfeit , i ordered two and they don't even looks the same, i had this real key before, so i know exactly how it should looks like, and how they should perform , the thing is the workmanship and item material are totally not authentic. blade are different .

Fakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Do not buy it here
review image
on December 3, 2009
This multi-tool is lightweight and attaches to your keychain discreetly. You barely know you're carrying it until you need a knife or screwdriver.
on April 30, 2016
I have been carrying a Utili-Key on all of my car key rings for many many years. They have been a fantastic way for a minimalist to have a couple of handy tools at the ready at pretty much all times. There are stretches where I use the Utili-Key every day, and sometimes multiple times a day. I was very inpressed with the build quality and precision of the hinge and spring clip. Snap it on your key ring and it was solid and secure. Recently I attended a comedy event at a large venue. They used metal detectors at the doors and such. When I put my keys into the bin the personnel immediately said, " you can't take that in here". At first I was confused. Who is he talking to? I didn't have anything dangerous on me. He punted to the Utili-Key and I said "Really?!?". So I walked back out and dropped my Utili-Key into a planter. No one saw me do that except the security guy. After the show we came out and found that the Utili-Key was gone. I'm sure the security guy grabbed it.

Anyway, I couldn't leave one of my key rings without a Utili-key so I hoped online and grabbed a 2 pack from Amazon. When they arrived I did immediately notice that they had a shinier finish to them but it really didn't concern me. What did concern me was when I got them out of the blister pack (Utili-Keys are great for that as well) and could immediately notice the build quality was not like it used to be. I research the heck out of everything I buy, but since I knew (or thought) what I was buying I don't look at the reviews. When I went back and looked, I saw that many people were in agreement with me in that the Utili-Key had lost its great build quality. Apparently at some point the company started making them in China instead of the US. I'm not one of bash on Chinese products. I buy all kinds of stuff from big box retailers, Amazon, etc that is Chinese made but when you want precision tools, China is not usually the place. End of story is that I put the new Utili-Key on my key ring but when it comes time to find a replacement, unfortunately it will probably be another brand.
review image review image review image review image review image
on July 22, 2012
I had one of these years ago. After the new flight standards from 9/11, I had to give mine up at the airport. I was clicking around on Amazon for EDC pocket knives and WHAM! My old favorite. I just bought 3 for various keychains. They come in handy at times, and you look like a real McGyver when you bust this thing out. The knife can cut, the bottle opener opens bottles, the Philips head does the trick, the eyeglass screwdriver is a little fat for most glasses screws. It is really the size of a key, so if you want a small tool and do not like fat cluttered keychains, I suggest the Utili-Key.
on August 9, 2011
This key was easily one of my best investments. I cannot begin to list how many times this tool has come in handy and promoted me to hero status at home, school, and in the office. I gave the second key to my brother and now we're both prepared to tackle any minor handiwork that might come our ways.
on April 27, 2010
This is truly a great little tool.
It's size & design allows you to take it everywhere and keep it handy for those little emergencies.
on January 3, 2013
I really liked the idea of this, but it's not living up to its potential. It's difficult to open it up without breaking a nail (I know, how girly can I get?), but more importantly the Philips head is a size that doesn't seem to fit many screws. It's small enough that I worry about stripping the heads.
on March 20, 2016
I have an original Swiss Tech ST66676 Multi-Tool I paid $8 for and love it, very handy tool. So, when I saw Pack of 2 for $8 I jumped all over it - planned on giving them to family as small gifts - well as they say - if it's too good to be true! These are from China and FAKE!

Checkout my pictures and you will see the difference from the tool die ejection pin marks to the brand name stamping to noticeable poor quality finishing. The ones I received appear that the tool die was getting dull leaving jagged edges around the top hinge pin. Plus the genuine multi-tool looks and feels quality vs. the fake ones look and feel like cheap stamping.

The pictures in the listing show the Genuine Swiss Tech -- you Receive a FAKE ... very Cheap Copy.....
review image review image
on January 13, 2010
The Swiss+Tech Utili-key is very small and somewhat useful. It fits nicely on a key ring and the knife comes in handy when out and about.

The two screwdrivers (Phillips & standard) are the right size for taking apart a computer laptop or tightening glasses among other small tasks.

When using the bottle opener, take care to hold the appropriate place as to not cut your fingers.

The knife is nicely sharp and the serrated part is excellent for cutting small roped and thread.

I'd recommend this as a simple gift for the grownup eagle scout.

See 1 answered question