Most helpful critical review
11 of 12 people found the following review helpful
The design that makes it useful, makes it inconvenient
on September 27, 2008
A real multitool for under $10? I guess.
1) Really convenient. Works great on your key ring. If you forget your pocketknife then you've always got something with you.
2) Great design. I love how it does so many things and has such a tiny form factor.
3) Low cost.
1) Very cheap steel. I'd rather pay twice as much for better quality.
2) Incredibly unergonomic. You have to put your hand on the kinfe blade to use the screwdriver.
3) Easier to cut yourself than other multitool designs.
4) Latching mechanism is inconvenient: There is a groove to put your thumbnail into, but its not handy. It takes two hands to open it. I often end up dropping my key ring while I'm opening the mechanism. So I always try to open it over a table or chair now.
Buy it? Yes. The same genius of its design is also its undoing. It is a perfect compromise - not perfect in any way, but gets the job done. But keep your expectations low.