4.0 out of 5 stars Good Laptop backpack!
I got this backpack few weeks ago and its pretty good so far. For some reasons this one (which is red) is cheaper then the black one, even though they are the same backpack expect for the color differences. I'm guessing because more people are into black color backpack. Anyways, I'm just going to put the bad and the good about this backpack.

GOOD
-This can...
Published on January 13, 2009 by Yet M. Chu

3.0 out of 5 stars Product was good... Description was really BAD
I always wanted to go for Swissgear bag when I wanted to go for BackPack.
As per the item, I thought it will fit for 15-17" inches screen. As I bought new 16" laptop, I have orded this bag and this is NOT even close to that. This is just for 14" laptop and less.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU HAVE 15" widescreen or above.

Otherwise, This backpack...
Published on March 2, 2009 by VENKATA S. KONDETI

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Laptop backpack!, January 13, 2009
Yet M. Chu "chuy605" (monterey park,ca, usa) - See all my reviews

GOOD
-This can fit a 15.4" laptop, anything bigger than 15.4 will not fit.
-Well made, it will last for a long time.
-Lot's of small protected pocket for Ipod, PSP, HardDrive..etc.
-Feels good when its placed on your back, it's design to have air flow between your back and the backpack. This way you will not have a wet spot on your back.
-Cheap

Bad
-It's kinda small in size, you can fit a laptop and few binders and maybe 2 books. That is about it, there are spaces but its more for small items. There are bigger version of SwissGear backpack, but it cost more.

Overall, this is a great backpack for it's price. If I would buy another one in the future I would still chose SwissGear.

Hope this help, thanks for reading. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars nice compartments, October 1, 2008
This review is from: SwissGear Computer Backpack (Black) Fits Most 15.6-Inch Laptops (Personal Computers)
I just got this bag and when I ordered I was torn between this one and the bigger version of it. It took a while for delivery but, I finally got it today. It is very nice. The material looks and feels very sturdy and there's a lot more room then I thought there was: FYI the laptop area fits my 15.4" laptop (the capability of the screen size to fit this bag was not specified anywhere; and believe me I looked everywhere online). Anyway, there is still room to add a book in the laptop compartment which is the last one (has a lot of padding here). There is another compartment, the middle one, which can fit about 3 folder sized items, and yet another deep compartment in the front with nice zipper/pocket areas. the padding is really comfortable on the straps and the back with "air" circulation noted which I assume is a good thing. Also, note the adjustable straps you see in the picture on each side of the bag; they are extremely useful because when you don't have this bag stuffed with things just tighten it up and it appears to be a smaller bag (which is good for me, since I frequently just carry my laptop). Worth the $35 I paid despite the delayed but free shipping. I think if I would have gotten the bigger version of this bag it would have been too big for my needs. (btw I am replacing a Targus laptop backpack which lasted only about 6 months and now it has a hole that is tearing on a daily basis at the bottom- so if anything I don't recommend targus backpack which I paid $30 for and the material was poor compared to this one and also it is much smaller then this one). This construction feels much stronger and durable then the Targus and I only paid $5 dollars more. Also seems more practical and convenient with the compartments and pockets.

5.0 out of 5 stars very handy for travel, September 16, 2008
J. Colucci "viviansbook" (Encinitas, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I was going to buy a rolling laptop bag, but found this on sale and got it instead. Made my trip so easy! Plenty of room for my laptop and accessories. Plus tons of padding and pockets. I was able to carry extra books, electronics, etc. Sitting in an airplane seat it fit nicely under the seat in front of me and I was able to get to all my toys during the flight. I have used about 6 other laptop bags during travel, but this was definitely the most comfortable, roomy, and easiest to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably light and not too big, December 12, 2008
CathyH (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I'm a 5'4" female and this bag is the perfect size for me (as in it's not too big for someone smaller - the bag also works well on my 6'2" husband). It's not huge like some other computer bags that make you feel like a turtle when you put it on. Still, it has plenty of space. I keep my 14.1" laptop in the bag, along with my lunch, a water bottle, 3 notebooks and text book and there's still a little bit of room to spare. The quality of the materials and workmanship are fantastic and very best part is the amazing back and shoulder strap padding and the distribution of weight. In my old backpack, the weight of all the aforementioned stuff really felt heavy. Somehow, in the construction of this magical bag, they managed to distribute the weight so it feels like quite light! I've had the bag for a couple of months now and no complaints. And I have a feeling this one will be lasting me awhile! Definitely recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Product was good... Description was really BAD, March 2, 2009
I always wanted to go for Swissgear bag when I wanted to go for BackPack.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU HAVE 15" widescreen or above.

Otherwise, This backpack is really good and worth for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, great for a person on the go!, February 7, 2009
Joshua Adair (Fort Walton beach, FL) - See all my reviews
I took a chance when I ordered this bag here on Amazon and boy did it pay off. I own a Dell Studio 1537 Laptop (15.4 in screen) and was a little worried about the fit of it into this backpack/ bag because the last bag I owned claimed to fit a laptop of my size and it didn't. Turns out, this bag was the perfect solution to my problem. Even though the the laptop fits really snug in its compartment, it's not so bad as to where you cant easily insert and remove it. The laptop compartment is well padded and even has breathable mesh on the wearers side to ventilate any heat that may be present. Other features include a: mobile phone pocket/ water bottle pockets/ a slot to route headphone cords to an mp3 player so the wearer and listen to their tunes on the go/ multiple organizing slots for pens, pecils, credit cards/ passports/ i.d's/ etc/ even a sunglass holder on one of the straps. Speaking of the straps. The straps are padded for extra comfort. In adition to all of the named compartments, this bag has multiple slots for any little knick knack or gadget you can think of. If I really wanted to, I could probably carry my laptop, psp, ipod touch, digital camera, all the peripherals, a portable hardrive and still have room for 2 to 3 text books. This bag is a must have for any college student or person with a lot of electronic gadgets on the go. I would highly recommend this purchase and if for some reason this bag was ruined I'd replace it in a heartbeat.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good bag but tears easy, June 16, 2010
Samuel Bower (Philadelphia PA) - See all my reviews
I have had this bag a short time 6 months or less and it already has a broken strap (gray portion) I expected better and have had better luck in the past.

5.0 out of 5 stars Swissgear Backpack AWESOME, December 11, 2008
Just received my SwissGear Backpack today! Opened the box and wow... It is one really good looking backpack! The picture doesn't do it any justice. The backpack has two side water bottle holders, sun glass holder on strap, cell phone holder on other strap, 3 main compartments (one being the laptop computer pocket). I am gonna use this for school next semester and it large enough to carry 3 or 4 text books and some binders and of course a laptop. The backpack seems like it is well-made and extremely durable, but also very very comfortable. Do not hesitate! Buy this backpack! You won't regret it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sad, May 4, 2012
This backpack is sad. One of the elastic straps tore off within a week of use. It has progressively gotten worse. I'm still using the backback but it's both uncomfortable to use and aesthetically displeasing since the entire strap is disintegrating because of the flaw in production of the light gray extra strength strap on the back. I thought I was unlucky until I saw someone with the exact problem on the train. In addition I found the stitches near the zipper to be poor quality too. I have been really displeased with this product and feel like a DaKine, Timberland or EastPack backpacks I've had in the past would be a much better alternative.

1.0 out of 5 stars SwissGear Quality Definitely Not What It Once Was!, July 3, 2013
I have been a SwissGear product loyalist for a great many years until this most recent purchase. The product arrived nicely packaged and promptly delivered and all that. But, after only 3 short months of very mild usage (i.e. transporting my laptop and a few books and papers back and forth about 2 blocks from my home to my office every day), the zipper on the central compartment has failed terribly. I had similar issues with the last SwissGear bag that I purchased. However, I did at least manage to get 3 years of usage out of that bag before the zippers began to fail. I did not complain to SwissGear about that bag (perhaps I should have), but rather chalked it up to bad luck on an aging product. But, I am definitely reaching out to SwissGear now to complain about what is clearly a gross lapse in manufacturing quality control/quality assurance, and to demand a replacement bag. In the meantime, I wanted to warn prospective buyers to beware of what appears to be a trend of diminishing quality in SwissGear products (at least within this product line). As a longtime SwissGear fan, I am very disappointed in these recent premature product failures. Buyer definitely beware on this bag!

ARRAY(0x9d9d65dc)