on January 14, 2009
I just bought this Swiss Gear pink pantera optical mouse -wireless for my new HP entertainment latop. I wanted a mouse that has precision pointing, but not require that connection to the laptop as I am very ergonomically concious (translation - my wrist/shoulders hurt from extended use of mouse in the traditional place on the desk when I am using my Roxio DVD makers and correcting the photos I have taken). So, I bought this wireless optical mouse. I have small hands - but the only complaint I have is this mouse is just a bit too big for me, but because it is WIRELESS, I have the mouse on the sofa next to me so my arm is hanging down, and I can use the mouse easily in this low position so that I don't develop carpal tunnel syndrome.
I have my laptop set up on a "bedtray" while reclining on my reclining sofa, and have set up the mouse on the middle part of the sofa so that I don't have to use the mouse in the tiring position of having to hold my hands up and tensing the shoulders.
Now - besides the awesome ergonomic possibilities with a wireless mouse, I love the 5 BUTTONS!!! 2 buttons on the left move the web browser forward or backward, then you have the classic left, right and the wheel in the middle. I love this mouse!
How do you connect this baby? Easy, the program is loaded in the usb connecter, so when you FOLLOW ENCLOSED INSTRUCTIONS THE FIRST TIME FOR INSTANT SUCCESS, the program loads automatically into the Vista premium software and sets it up, or you can mess around like I did, and sort of arrived there a bit later.
I have found that when I turn on the laptop, the best way to have the mouse override the touch pad when you turn the laptop back on, is to FIRST turn the mouse on (do not stare into the red light), then turn the laptop on.
The mouse uses 1 double A battery -have only had it for a few days, so do not know how much the battery usage is, but I am so pleased that I can have the mouse anywhere around me, on my lap, at my side etc.
Love this mouse! I also like the pink color!
I have heard others say that optical mice need special optical mouse pads, but this little mouse is currently sitting on a few pages of the newspaper, and it works great! I have also used the mouse on top of a tiny cd case, on top of a dvd case, and it works well. Actually, I just grab whatever is around me on the sofa to use as a mousepad and it works well. I am off to the local microcenter to get a specialized optical mousepad for my little optical mouselet and see if it makes this even better!
on March 1, 2009
When I received this mouse for my laptop it was not what I was expecting. I purchased it because I wanted a 5 button mouse and from the photo, the mouse looked ergonomic and comfortable. I use my laptop to work on 3ds Max and Photoshop so a comfortable mouse is essential for me. However, the mouse is pretty small. I understand that it's for a laptop so it should be smaller, however, this was smaller than a normal laptop mouse. The buttons on the side are also hard to click when trying to use them. In all, I am disappointed in my purchase. I will be going back to my old laptop mouse sans 5 buttons.
on May 2, 2009
This is my second wireless mouse and my first one I could use. The other pink mouse I bought in Japan was so hard to figure out how to install, I think I ended up throwing it away. This one I just plugged it in pressed the buttons and away it went. It's pretty small, but it's perfect for me b/c I have small hands and it fits in my palm perfect.the roller button works smoothly as well.
on March 6, 2013
Verified Purchase
It worked for about 2 weeks then would never stay connected!!! Its not worth the money! Better luck next time i guess right......??

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations