5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and Informative Film
This is a beautifully shot, unbiased film that discusses the major sources of our energy today. I found the material fascinating and highly educational. The approach is not overly technical and allows the viewer to come away with a much deeper understanding of our current energy needs and the challenges we face looking forward.
Published 20 months ago by Michael Prentiss

2.0 out of 5 stars It's just OK.
The documentary is just OK. Could have spent more time on battery energy storage, micro grid technologies. At least it helps elevate overall awareness of the challenges ahead for the utility grid.
Published 8 months ago by Chris Shelton

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and Informative Film, March 7, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Switch, March 26, 2013
This review is from: Switch (DVD)
Switch takes the very complex issues of the world's energy -- availabilty of supply, economics, environmental friendliness, and dependability -- and weaves them into a comprehensive yet understandable mosaic. It's a beautiful film that takes the viewer to key energy sites across the globe to actually see how different people use and produce energy. We hear about what future energy sources may be and when the ultimate "switch" to wind, solar and other renewables might take place. It also motivates us to think about how we can personally influence the energy situation by "switching" attitudes toward taking more energy conservation measures. A truly entertaining, unbiased and informative film -- if you use energy, you've got to see it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Review from within the energy industry, March 7, 2013
This review is from: Switch (DVD)
As someone who works in this field, I can tell you that nearly all the media I see on energy is unreliable -- most of it too left, some of it too right, all of it not very well informed. This is the first documentary that gets it right. It's practical, realistic, objective and scientifically based, while at the same time fast moving and entertaining. I don't agree with everything in it, because it doesn't favor any one industry (and I'm biased toward mine -- I admit it). But if you want a true picture of what it will require to power the world as we move into the 21st century, this is the best you'll find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent balanced review of the challenges of meeting the world's growing energy needs, March 26, 2013
This review is from: Switch (DVD)
This movie provides excellent facts revealing the magnitude of challenges facing energy providers to satisfy the world's growing need for energy. It recognizes that all sources of energy have environmental and societal impacts. I recommend viewing for all persons interested in economics, public policy and the environment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie!, March 11, 2013
This review is from: Switch (DVD)
A fabulous movie for all viewers, not only for those that know a lot about the energy industry but also for those that are looking to learn a bit more. It is truly a non-biased portrayal of the world's energy situation that is both engaging and educational. I would strongly recommend this movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars For an education in Energy, March 27, 2013
A. Morgan (Spring, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Switch (DVD)
I work in the energy industry, and have tried to interest my family in what I do for years. When I had them sit down to watch Switch at one of the premier's, they finally paid attention! The beautifully filmed and narrated documentary takes the viewer around the world exploring every common (and some not so common) energy sources on our planet. From coal to hydraulic power, you can learn more about the energy industry viewing this short film than you could studying the industry for years. I am buying copies as gifts for my siblings to educate them as well! Great job Scott and Harry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Switch!, April 1, 2013
This review is from: Switch (DVD)
I learned a tremendous amount about the world of energy by watching this film and perusing the companion website ([...]). The project does a great job of taking an otherwise boring or very politicized topic and making it accessible and engaging to the masses. Highly recommended for the energy professional, environmental activist or anyone that uses electricity!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent educational tool, March 26, 2013
This review is from: Switch (DVD)
It is hard to find good comparative energy documentaries that aren't focused on doom and gloom and scaremongering. Presenting a truly honest assessment of our near-future energy challenges, this film evaluates the merits and difficulties of many different energy sources. Deftly weighing the environmental, economic, technological and political challenges of each, Switch takes us on a visual tour of the world's energy supplies, delivering a practical and hopeful roadmap for navigating our energy future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much Needed Perspectives on Energy, March 6, 2013
This review is from: Switch (DVD)
Energy is a hugely complicated subject with lots of pros and cons - this film features a lot of global energy experts and beautifully-shot scenes from around the world. If we're going to have a smart energy future, discussions like the one presented in Switch need to be happening in a logical and inclusive way. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must watch movie for anyone who uses energy!, April 6, 2013
This review is from: Switch (DVD)
Very balanced look at the pros and cons of all forms of energy. This should be required watching for everyone who uses energy, which, of course, is everyone. I really learned a lot, even though I've worked in the energy business for 20 years. My only complaint is that it is a little slow at times.

Switch
Switch by Harry Lynch (DVD - 2013)
Out of stock