5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case! Nice surprise!
Published 21 months ago by stevethrewup

1.0 out of 5 stars Case Breaks Really Easily
This phone case barely supplies any protection and when it came down to it, the case wore out very fast with barely any incidences. The hard plastic part of the case eventually separates from the soft plastic part when you take off the phone case frequently. It's just overall not a great case.
Published 14 months ago by Ryan Kwon

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case! Nice surprise!, October 12, 2012
My expectations were low for any case released along-side the iPhone 5. In the past, it took at least a few months after the release of an iPhone before finding a case I was happy with. This case is fantastic. The cuts around the jacks, speakers, and camera/flash are pretty much perfect. The speaker/mic cuts do not negatively impact the call quality. The volume buttons are very easy to press and are styled very nicely. The cut around the vibrate switch is nice and doesn't make it difficult to reach. The cut around the camera is angled away from the phone so I do not get a ghost effect when using the flash. This was a problem with my Speck case for the iPhone 4. The cut around the headphone jack is small so you will only be able to hook up the earbuds or jacks that are similarly small. The case itself feels very durable and it does have a lip around the screen so setting the phone face-down on a surface won't be a problem. The feel of the case itself is good enough to not cause a slip out of your hands while not being too sticky to pull it out of your pocket. It also does not add significant weight to the phone. I'm very happy with this case and consider my hunt for a long-term iPhone 5 case over. Props to SwitchEasy for doing it right the first time. Don't hesitate to buy!

Update: I just received my 30-pin to lightning adapter and the lightning plug DOES NOT FIT through the hole in the case. The lighting to USB cord works fine but for some reason Apple made the lightning plug on the adapter bigger. This is disappointing but I hope I can gently cut away at the case with an exacto knife until it fits.

1.0 out of 5 stars Case Breaks Really Easily, May 29, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Great case until it breaks, June 3, 2013
This review is from: SwitchEasy SW-TON5-BK Tones Hybrid Case for iPhone 5 & 5s - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Perfect for those who like to buy new phone cases every 3 months. The case is assembled in two parts with multiple seams that bend every time you take it on and off. In other words: Built to break.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only iPhone 5 Case to Meet All My Requirements, February 23, 2013
Amy L (Warminster, PA United States) - See all my reviews
Here's what I look for in an iPhone case:

- Can't be too bulky
- Provides full protection to outer lips on front & back of case
- Can't cover up too much of front of phone (I hate cases that cover the home button)
- Feels good in hand; not too rubbery nor too slippery
- Slides in and out of pockets easily without the material getting marked up or worn away
- Cut out for camera either encased in black or large enough so flash doesn't wash out photos
- Buttons are as easy to push as they are when the phone is naked
- Port cut outs are reasonably lined up (I don't use a dock or non-standard cables, so my requirements here aren't as high as others might be)
- Looks attractive

I've tried so many iPhone cases over the years starting with the iPhone 3. My friends and family make fun of me for how many I go through. I don't think I'm that picky, but perhaps I am. It's amazing how hard it is to find a decent case that lasts. The brand that works well for one generation of the phone decides to reformulate for the next & completely gets it wrong. (I'm looking at you, Case-Mate, Speck & iSkin.)

This case is not the cutest - I bought the purple because the pink looks like Pepto Bismol - but it IS very functional and meets all my needs well. I'm pleasantly surprised! Prior to this case, I loved the CandyShell, but the rubberized bits get worn off very easily from casual usage. The SwitchEasy Tones feels & works a lot like the CandyShell without the wear & tear. It's a keeper! Now if they'd just come out with either more colors or cuter designs, I'd be really happy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really nice case but comes apart after 1-2 months, October 27, 2013
I really like the look and feel of this case. The MAJOR problem is that the 2 pieces of material that the case is made out of starts to split open.

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 2.5 Months, September 18, 2013
S. McGee (St. Paul, MN) - See all my reviews
I bought this case on July 10, and now, just over two months later, the rubber portion of the case has separated from the hard plastic back. Very disappointing. The grey rubber also had significant discoloration over this short period of time. Would not purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT case, February 18, 2013
Joshua Sieg (Scottsdale, Arizona) - See all my reviews
I already had Invisible Shield on my iPhone 5, but this case is really great even without the included screen protectors. It has a great feel. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, to say the least..., July 5, 2013
Did a lot of research on getting the perfect case for my iPhone 5 and finally was convinced a Wirecutter article.

I hadn't had this case much longer than a few months and multiple seams began to come apart making the case unusable. Obviously disappointed I will not buy this product again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Falls apart after a few months, March 12, 2013
I thought this case was good, till after a few months the rubber and plastic started to separate and now have fully broken apart from each other. It no longer provides much protection as the rubber around the front won't stay in place, and the sides keep flopping around. Won't be buying this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Case Does Everything Right, November 6, 2012
One problem with buying a new iPhone is finding a case. Based on wirecutter.com's pick for best case for the new iPhone 5 to this point I did buy one, actually two, cases. The case fits very well and offers good protection for users that are not abusive to their phones. Others, and you know who you are, will need an Otter Box type case. As reported, the iPhone 5 has had some problems with being scratch prone so a film shield is provided for the back part of the phone as well as a normal screen protector. One reviewer reported that he scratched his phone using this case but I have removed it a few times without any problems. The case is very resistant to scratches and all buttons work well even though covered except the mute switch which is accessible though a small opening on the upper left side. There is a slight lip on the front so the screen should be protected if laIn face down. The wirecutter.com review can be googled for more detail. I currently have a black and a green/grey case but there are other colors some of which would be more suitable for the white iPhone at the switcheasy site. I hope that this has been helpful.

Rate and Discover Movies