Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 28, 2011
I just got this case for my Verizon iPhone 4. Let me start by telling you what I look for in a case. Mostly, will it offer protection if I drop it, and does it offer some relief when you put it face down on a flat surface. Check and check.

I had a bumper case for the phone, but the problem was when I pulled the phone out of my pocket I would often just pull the bumper away from the phone. Because of the plastic back on the SwitchEasy case, and the fact that the surrounding bumper is attached to the back, the bumper is much stiffer than other bumper cases. All the buttons have great tactile feedback and the ringer switch is recessed which I like -- easy to get to but won't accidently turn on or off. One of the nicest touches about the case are the plugs for the headphone and power jacks. They not only blend right in with the case but offer good dust and dirt protection. They even give you two of each if you lose one -- nice touch. And, I'm using a non-OEM charger on it and the plug fits ok.

Now to the problems everybody complains about. Yes, the sides of the case do feel a little "edgy," but there is no way you will cut yourself. I mean, NO WAY. Personally I think it probably offers better drop protection and makes the phone easier to pick up off a table. That said, I didn't give it 5 stars because SwitchEasy could have softened that edge a bit. Still, it's not a problem unless you rub your fingers on it all day and think about it. The other complaint had to do with injection molding problems, and while there is a slight injection flaw on the top of the case I can't see anything inside that would scratch your phone.
There were also complaints about the screen protectors. I hate screen protectors and don't use them. The back of the phone is well protected by this case, and the front of the phone is glass. Unless you are carrying diamonds in your pockets you should be fine.

Finally, the case looks great (I got the black for a black iPhone) and this case is the highest rated case on iLounge and receives very good ratings from others. Good deal when you consider it comes with screen protectors, port covers and even a stand.

**Update**

I've now been using this case for a day, and you get used to that "sharp" edge pretty fast. I think it actually gives you a better grip, and the case seems to become one with the phone, so I'm upping the rating to 5 stars.
on October 23, 2011
(Note- I originally submitted this on the green case's page, but all of my remarks apply to the black model)

I absolutely love this case! I had not heard of switch easy before I decided to purchase this, but man do they make good cases. This case comes with two screen protectors, a squeegee, a small microfiber polishing cloth, two of each port cover for the headphone jack and 30-pin connector, 2 universal dock adaptors for the case, and a video stand made for the case. This is truly a great deal. Most other cases I have seen come with only the microfiber cloth, and some come with a single screen protector. These accessories alone could probably be purchased separately in a bundle for $25 and still get decent sales.

The case itself is well worth the $20 even if it had not come with any accessories, however. I am so fond of this case because of its looks, its durability, its ease of use, and it's excellent protection of my iPhone.

It looks great with my white iPhone 4S (and probably looks good with the black as well), I have gotten dozens of compliments on it in the course of a couple weeks. This case is durable- the material gives a little but does not stretch. I see this lasting a long time, even with repeated removals of the phone.

It is easy to use- the parts of the case that cover the buttons are still pliable and give good feedback. The volume up/down could be a little better but really not a big deal. The power button, however, feels like it has nothing on it! It also is very easy to slip in and out of tight pants due to the sleek material of the case.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, this case protects like crazy! I got my iPhone 4S very recently and went on a run with it. The phone flew out of my hand, hit the concrete sidewalk, and skidded a couple feet. Naturally, I had a panic attack. Luckily, though, I bought this case, for not only was the phone still COMPLETELY unharmed, the case only has VERY minor scuffing on it. I cannot even see the damage unless I hold it close to my face under good lighting.

My only qualm about this case is that my phone doesn't want to sync with my iHome iP90 when i have the case on it. When i take the case off it works fine. I believe that this is because the bottom of the case is protected and does not have a "lip" that stops before the bottom of the case. It works fine with cables however. Also I saw a comment somewhere else that they used their case with an ihome, so maybe this is not universal. At any rate, I am glad for the bottom protection of the phone, because it could have very well gotten crunched when I dropped it running if it did not have it!

Also, some people have complained about the alleged sharpness of the sides of the case. Pure and simple- its bs. Unless your hands are made of tissue paper and have an abnormally large amount of nerve endings, this case feels like a normal ridged object. NOT UNCOMFORTABLE at all.

In conclusion, I do not think it is possible to find a better iPhone 4/4S case for this price, or perhaps period. It's combination of looks, protection, and value are unbeatable.
on June 20, 2012
I liked how grippy this was, but the wrap-around band separated from the translucent backing after six months. The band also loosened quite a bit - it looked like an hourglass when holding the phone normally (index finger / thumb). I was initially disappointed in their customer service. I wrote to them and didn't hear back for three weeks (at which point I had discarded it). But they handled my complaint pretty well and a replacement is en route. Maybe I got a lemon.
on July 16, 2011
I read a lot of reviews before I can purchase a case for my new iPhone, and I decided to purchase this Switcheasy trim, and it's an awesome case, all my friends are telling me that it looks great, and having all the extra goodies for only $19, I couldn't ask for more, great looking case, descent price, good construction, durable, trendy,I'm very happy about this case. in regards to the sides, that I read some others are complaining that is kind of a fork/knife edges, I'm really not having problems with it, in fact it provides extra grip which is good, and as well it doesn't stick to my jeans, again very good case *****
on April 13, 2011
This is now my second Switcheasy case, the first being the Capsule Rebel for the iPhone 4.

I like Switcheasy because the cases are elegent, simple, and rugged enough to withstand short drops (i.e. when you didn't realize the phone was still in your lap when you get out of the car).

I bought this case because it got mainly good reviews on Amazon.com and youtube.com, and seemed to be the best switcheasy case other than the Capsule Rebel. FYI: I liked the Capsule Rebel - but after 6 months it was looking beat up and I wanted a new look.

Complaints? The case isn't immaculate, as it has some malformations probably due to the manufacturing process. Most notably theres a little rough piece at the top, in between the headphone jack and the power button. Also, not sure how well the case will retain its shape, as its obvious its not as stiff as the Capsule Rebel (which I knew before I bought it). That being said, the case fits perfectly for now.

But those are my only complaints. I don't think the ridges are too sharp (maybe feels like the a plastic fork, not a plastic knife like someone mentioned). The case is easy and enjoyable to grip, and slides nicely in and out of my pocket. Headphones go in much easier than with the Capsule Rebel (slimmer case). The see-through back is a nice touch, I like it a lot. The price is absolutely perfect - the case and two screen protectors for $20 can't be beat at this quality level. And putting on the screen protector went on without a hitch and it looks great - although this may be because I've done this a few times before.

Hope this helps!
on December 7, 2011
Thought I was safe ordering this through Amazon but as soon as I opened the box I was suspicious. The quality of the package wasn't very good. It looked like someone put it together by hand-and poorly. It did include all the extras (screen protector, mounts, cloth, etc). Upon inspection the quality of the TRIM case itself didn't meet my expectations. The back panel (which is semi-translucent) has a visable ring around the outer edge that basically looks like it wasn't manufactured at a consistent temperature. There are thin yet noticable edges where the corners were pressed together. And finally the opening for the mute button isn't aligned for my iPhone 4 or my wife's 4S. Part of button is covered on BOTH phones.

Statement from Switcheasy website: Compatible with iPhone 4S and ALL iPhone 4 (Verizon and AT&T).

This can only mean this product is a knock-off, and a crappy one at that.
on September 22, 2012
this case is inexpensive and gives good protection. It looks good and not too bulky. i've dropped it on cement from waist height and protected very well. i have not used the supplied screen protector so i cant say much about that

pros:
- inexpensive
- nice add-ons like the phone stand, port covers, screen protector
- very good edge and screen protection
- buttons are fully covered but have full functionality
- dirt does not get into case - tight fit
- looks good, simple design

cons:
- edges feel sharp against fingers
- port covers can easily get lost (but they do give you extras)
- could be tricky to take on and off because of the tight fit (removing from the bottom up works better, opposite direction for putting back on)
on March 14, 2012
Update (3/15/2012): I contacted SwitchEasy directly to discuss the problem with my case. They were apologetic and offered a replacement case of my choice. Within 1 day of contacting SwitchEasy I had a new case on the way to me via USPS First Class delivery. Not sure I'd recommend the Trim line, but I have no reservations recommending SwitchEasy as a company!

*********************************************************************************

I'm the type of phone user who needs some kind of case to protect against occasional drops, but doesn't require a Kevlar vest and screen protectors to keep my phones looking nice.

When I went looking for cases I wanted one that was affordable, had a unique look, and was easy to get in and out of pockets. After reading several reviews I settled on the SwitchEasy Trim for my Verizon iPhone 4. I ordered directly from the manufacturer.

The unit comes packaged with a generous assortment of extras like screen protectors, a small microfiber cleaning pad, and best of all are 30 pin adapters for use in things like MP3 players so that the phone can be plugged in and used without removing the case. Lots of useful items for the price.

The molded plastic trim is firm, but pliable, and offers good bumper/side protection. The hard, plastic, back-shell scuffs easily, but does protect against phone scratches and drops. The ports are all accessible with the case on. Unfortunately the case causes the flash to bloom when taking pictures. So if you're a flash photographer you'll want to remove the case when taking pictures.

In the six or so months that I've used the case I've not gotten a scratch or a dent on my phone. I feel I've been well protected. However the case has recently begun to come apart at the seams where the bumper and back shell meet. Such that the side molding and back plate are sure to come apart entirely very soon. It's very disappointing as I did enjoy this case until it began to break apart..
on April 23, 2013
Thought it was great in the beginning, but this thing has about a year's life span.
Silicone will stretch if in too much heat, like your pants pocket or in a bag in the sun.
It's a good choice because of the port covers and the freebie screen protectors which are really good.
on December 2, 2010
I jumped to buy this case when it was released because I have a great history with SwitchEasy products, but this time around, they messed up pretty bad.

Injection errors on the inside rim of the case leave a thin strip of plastic around the inside of the case, and after having it in my pocket for a couple weeks, I removed to case to discover that this excess plastic had worn dozens of small scrap-like marks on my iPhone 4's external antenna.

When a case doesn't do what it's intended to, meaning protect you phone, then what's the point?

Other than that, it's actually a pretty good case. The buttons are better than the Apple bumper and it comes with a ton of accessories as always, but the fact that it actually damaged my phone is inexcusable. SwitchEasy offered to replace the case, but the damage is done.