5.0 out of 5 stars Walking on Marshmallows
Published on December 22, 2011 by Prodreviewer

I have owned two pairs of these flip flops for about two years. LOVED them - so comfortable, great quality, stylish (for flip-flops, that is). :)

Published 9 months ago by Someone

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking on Marshmallows, December 22, 2011
Prodreviewer (Colchester, CT, US) - See all my reviews
I love these flip flops. They are a little costlier than most flip flops but they are very solidly made and super comfortable to wear. The soles are firm but cushiony and bouncy at the same time. I can't wait for warmer weather to wear mine again. I like getting a pretty pedicure then wearing them with something comfy and cool for the warmer days. I've bought a couple of the straps but its a lot of fun to make your own too. I never thought I'd be a "shoe designer"! My local fabric store sells the same width of velcro as these straps by the yard. I buy the side of velcro that fits onto the sandal, sew it into the same shape as my other straps and then have alot of fun decorating (you might need a heavy duty needle for your machine). You can sew on ribbons, trims, buttons, shells, fabric, beads. Whatever you can imagine. My teenage granddaughter and I each have a pair and she LOVES the straps I create for her. I've made her one pair with rhinestone trim and another with peace sign ribbons. Her friends are always asking where they can get the same flip flops and they think she has several pair! We each have about 4 different strap looks right now but I have a bag of fabric, ribbons and buttons I'll be getting to work on after the holidays so we'll have several more by spring. The sandals are so well made I expect they'll last a few years. When they do wear out I'll get more cause we can't let all these straps go to waste. The price is worth being able to wear so many styles really comfortably.

5.0 out of 5 stars Switchflops basic style black, November 11, 2010
I first heard of Switchflops when a friend was commenting on her flip-flops. She said "these are the most comfortable flip-flops I have ever worn. I wore them to work and they are so comfy I kept them on all day! I am getting another pair."
She told me they were available on-line and are about $35.00. I was planning a trip to Las Vegas, and thought these would be perfect in warm weather where a lot of walking is required. I ordered the low 1 inch flat basic black with white dots. They do offer a higher wedge of about 2 inches. I didn't think that would work for excessive walking. Well, the trip is done and these Switchflops are the most comfortable "I" have ever worn, too!!! They look great on! The bottoms are very cushy, but, not too cushy. The strap and between the toes is very comfortable.There was no slipping or sweating. After miles of walking, I had no discomfort or rubbing or irritation of any kind. I have not put on the alternate straps that I purchased separately, but they look easy to change. All said and done- A Great Find and a Great Investment!

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved purchases 1-2 years ago, latest purchase not true to size - shorter/narrower, June 24, 2013
Someone (Cedar Park, TX USA) - See all my reviews

However, I recently purchased a new set of the Black Lulus to replace my first pair (yes it took 2 years to wear them out!) and though I ordered the same size (and confirmed via label that I received the size ordered), the shoes are much smaller and not comfortable. I placed them side-by-side with both my current pairs and the new shoes appear to be at least a full size smaller and more narrow than the original shoes I purchased. I called the company to figure out if they changed their sizing in the past year, and the answer was a vague "not significantly", which struck me as odd.

So I purchased the next size up, which for me is a size 11 (I typically wear a 9 1/2 in most brands). The new shoes technically fit, but they are visibly shorter than my original size 10 pairs and much narrower (which is the bigger issue for me). The soles also seem to have less traction (they're less "grippy", more "slippy") than my previous pairs. My guess is that they had to change the product, possibly to manage costs, and this is the result. It's unfortunate because I truly loved these shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these things, July 12, 2011
I have 2 pairs of these, in navy and tan. They're very comfortable, and whenever I find a new strap I like it's like getting a new pair of shoes without having to break them in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them so much I now own 5 pairs, June 15, 2011
I got my first pair from my girlfriend's store. I now have black flats, white flats, brown medium height, cork "heels" and blue (different design....has snap on "jewelry" and is NOT as comfortable). I have medical issues that make my feet hurt constantly and this is the only shoe I can now wear. I wear them every day, all day and if I am stupid and don't wear them, I cry at night. I am ordering a new pair since my black ones are literally worn out after 2 1/2 years of use on a nearly daily basis. The white ones are hard to keep clean and the thicker soled ones can be a little trickier to walk in but this one is the perfect one. I only wish I could afford more straps or was as handy as the woman who said she made her own! I think it might be easier to find these in small boutiques than online. Worth every penny and I usually don't spend more than $20 per pair of shoes so for ME, this is saying a lot!

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable Shoes But Run Way Small, August 27, 2012
These are wonderful shoes. I love how cute they are and that you can switch out the straps. I have many friends that have worn them for years. I was excited to order my first pair but super bummed that the size 9 is small and won't even slide on my foot when I usually wear an 8 to 8.5. I am guessing you need to size way up on these.

Update: I contacted the company to see if this was a common issue and was sent a replacement pair in a size up (size 10). This size fits perfectly but is a lot larger than my regular size so I would make sure to size up or try a pair on before ordering online.

5.0 out of 5 stars my wife is nuts about these, June 18, 2013
this a great idea.

My wife has probably bought 10 to 20 of the Velcro straps that you put on the shoes.
she wears them all the time and now my daughter does too.

They are built well and the Velcro does not seem to wear out quickly, which is important to me.

A very clever idea that they implemented quite well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Switchflops by Lindsay Phillips are the best, May 23, 2013
I have been wearing Lindsay Phillips switchflops for 4 years now and love them...so glad of all the new color choices and that amazon is carrying them- I have the regular LuLu ones and maybe 15 tops now..all you need for a cruise or summer trip..also have the Kit heel ones for a little dressier...love the price too..best investment ever!!! Love this new sand color and top..so pretty! Have never been disappointed with this product!

4.0 out of 5 stars comfortable, March 2, 2013
This product is good, but the size is a bit smaller than I expected. If this product could be changed, I would rate 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fun & cute!, March 28, 2012
I have never seen these before~ I received them as a gift from my mother-in-law. I thought they were just cute flip-flops, but got all squealy when I saw that you can change the straps! She got me 2 additional straps (leopard w/pink flower, red lace w/flower) and I'm buying more to make a whole collection!
One thing... They run a tad small and even the "flat" flip flop is a bit thick, about a half inch. Other than that, I totally love them!

ARRAY(0xd8b2a164)