Published 13 months ago by Gail

2.0 out of 5 stars Not like parent trap with christmas.
I watched this movie because I live not very far from "Christmas Town" aka Leavenworth, WA where this was filmed. Was not a fan of a lot of the acting. Some actors are good, and some were just terrible (well their characters were written terribly). I went in going expecting it to be like a parent trap theme with christmas and also not to expect much from this...
Published 11 months ago by Andrew

5.0 out of 5 stars Switchmas--the new classic family holiday movie--fun, funny and sweet!, November 14, 2013
Gail (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Switchmas (DVD)
What a great family movie for the holidays! I originally saw this as part of the Seattle Independent Film Festival last Spring. There's nothing to think about, gather your family and watch it now. You will definitely want to own it, as it's one of those movies you'll want to watch again and again. I went to the film festival to support the local actors but came out with a new appreciation of how talented our community really is. I loved the actors, the characters and the true meaning behind the storyline--we all need love, family and time to enjoy, no matter what you believe!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny Holiday family movie!, November 7, 2013
Cindy S. (Mountlake Terrace, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Switchmas (DVD)
What a cute movie! Elliott Gould is hilarious and the whole cast is great. It is heartwarming and funny and such a good message! Excellent family holiday movie!

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Fun !!, November 12, 2013
This review is from: Switchmas (DVD)
Really good Holiday movie with great scenes of the Leavenworth (Christmas Town) in Washington State.

The movie starts out a little slow, but really picks up as soon as the boys meet at the Airport.

From then on it is a fun ride with a great Christmas message for the whole family - regardless of your religious persuasion!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Switchmas is the Best Christmas Movie Ever!, December 9, 2013
This review is from: Switchmas (DVD)
Switchmas is the best Christmas Movie Ever. I love the lessons. No matter where you are or where your from Christmas is for everyone..

5.0 out of 5 stars Switchmas is a great lesson in tolerance, December 8, 2013
This review is from: Switchmas (DVD)
Switchmas was an exceptional movie for a number of reasons:
It was a caring humorous depiction of acceptance of all faiths and practices
I could show it to my granddaughters; The acting and music were endearing; and It set a wonderful tone for the holidays.

I especially liked the character of Jack the Jerk. He came across as the quintessential bully, but, as Ira came to discover, there’s a lot below the surface. The scene with Jack and his father brought in all the teenage angst, and trying to disguise his love for his dog in the face of his father’s bullying. Even outside the Christmas context, having children watch this sends the message that we learn from how we are treated, but with support and friendship, we can overcome those bad examples. Jack’s conversion to the savior of the Christmas pageant showed all he needed were friends and someone to believe in him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family viewing time! Don't miss this!, December 6, 2013
This review is from: Switchmas (DVD)
Should be a Holiday Tradition! Great film for watching with the family! Also, makes a delightful holiday gift! I've sent to many friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars heartwarming, January 30, 2014
This review is from: Switchmas (DVD)
What a heartwarming Christmas story which will be added to my family's Holiday watching traditions. Switchmas is near and dear to us as it was filmed in our very own "Christmas town" (Leavenworth WA) and our friends, school's kids/bands, and our wonderful shops and beautiful scenery are featured and recognized. I remember the day they were filming downtown Leavenworth VERY early in the morning. Some of my students and their families skipped school to be a part of the fun. AND we hadn't had any new snow in a while and that day the parade was filmed we had an incredible show of the white stuff falling from the sky!!
But bottom line the story is a very endearing one especially during the Christmas season.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, March 19, 2014
Book Mama (El Paso, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Switchmas (DVD)
This was an OK movie, entertaining, but not very realistic. Bothered me that the boys both lied so much and really never got into trouble for it. We watched it and then sold it to someone else. OK, but not keeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ira Finklestein's Christmas, January 7, 2014
MD (Leavenworth, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Switchmas (DVD)
A fun comedy emphasizing the importance of family, extended family and family traditions. And they are not perfect! Even my husband enjoyed this movie and the grandkids have watched it numerous times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun take on holiday madness - you will enjoy this film., February 20, 2014
This review is from: Switchmas (DVD)
Watch this film. Great script and story line. It's a lot of fun! I don't know what else to say.

Switchmas
Switchmas by Sue Corcoran (DVD - 2013)
$24.99 $9.96