Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Color: Silver|Change

on February 2, 2012
I bought a used Plasma car at a thrift store and my twins loved it but sometimes fought over it so I wanted another one. I bought this swivel car hoping it would be the same car and it's identical. I'm sure that it's made by the same people. Save the money and go for the Swivel Car.
on March 18, 2013
I ordered one swivel car and one plasma car. The swivel car is far better than the plasma car. The swivel car had real wheels like on a skate board - not plastic wheels like the plasma car. It is so quiet on smooth on the hardwood floors. I rode it with my 9 month old baby and he loved the ride. So weight limit is good as I bought it for preschool and school age kids. The kids and adults loved it so much I ordered two more and returned the plasma car since it would NOT go on the hard wood and husband had fears of it scratching the floor! I put two of the cars together with no issue at all. Took all of 5 minutes! It arrives in a amazon box and when opened it is not in it's own box but a plastic bag. Plasma car arrived in it own plasma car box. One swivel car had a issue and called the swivel car company - got a generic answering maching - I left a message but it has not been returned yet. I returned it to Amazon with ZERO issues and will get another swivel car!
review image
22 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2012
The swivel car was a great hit with my 6-year old granddaughter. She quickly learned to manipulate the car so that she powered it entirely with her arms. The color was bright and cheerful, and we were able to quickly put the car together. I anticipate her having many hours of great fun on this swivel car.
on January 3, 2013
My 2 1/2 yr old twins and 39 yr old husband love this thing! I was worried that my hubby's weight would break it but its very sturdy. My son has turned very sharp and fallen a couple times so I recommend a helmet but that's a given... Will be buying another soon.

2 months later: WE BOUGHT 2 MORE!!!! Lol
on July 29, 2013
I bought my daughter a red plasma car and now that my younger son is 2 years old, he's always fighting with his older sister to ride it. I decided to get the Swivel car since it looks the same in the pictures, had good reviews on Amazon, but cheaper than a plasma car. When I received it I was very surprised that it really is as good as a plasma car. The only difference that I can see were:

1. The black seat area has a different design (and seems to be a cheaper molding process and design)
2. The wheels are actually MUCH nicer than on my plasma car. The Swivel car has softish rubberlike wheels which seem to me to be like those on rollerblades.
3. The documentation seems crappy (made in China style).

However, since it's easy to assemble I don't really care about the documents. The fact that the wheels are much nicer more than made up for the fact that he black seat areas was not as nice. Since my kids don't care about how the black part looks anyway it's a no brainer for me. Here's the best part. The swivel car makes almost no noise when ridden. I only let my kids use this in the house and the original car is noisy as hell when it's raced around. The new one is so quiet I can't hear it and my wife and I now call it the "Stealth Car" as the kid can sneak up on you and run your toes over since you can't hear it coming. I like it so much I plan to buy another one and sell of my Plasma car.

It's possible however that Plasma cars now come with these new roller blade style wheels because mine is a few years old now, but why pay more for basically the same thing?
on January 4, 2012
I work at a child care centre which has a huge gym and this is the 10th plasma/swivel car that I purchased. 8 out the 10 cars are still working well. I have these cars for over two years already and the cars are very well-used. We have 100 children and the cars are used daily for at least 2 hours. There are some cracks on the front of the cars as the children crash them against the wall (they're not suppose to). Overall, they are very well built and sturdy considering how often they are being used by the children. I don't quite know if there is any difference between a plasma car and a swivel car. I bought all these cars at three different places and they all look alike except some didn't have the "Made in China" mark on the cars. To me, they all perform the same.
on January 5, 2015
These Swivel Cars are fantastic and Linenspa is the seller to trust.

ARE THESE FUN FOR ALL AGES?
These are a blast! We own both official Plasma Cars and Rolling Coaster Cars along with the Swivel Cars. All of them are the same concept and we bought them for little kids (who LOVED them) and learned quickly that TEENS and ADULTS also love them!! These are just so fun and we've had adults that weigh over 200lbs on them all and so-far-so-good. Just a blast!

ARE THE BRANDS THE SAME?
We started with PlasmaCar and the kids really loved them so we thought it would be great to get some more for our children's ministry. Hoping to save money we found the Rolling Coaster Cars at another "overstock" vendor online; they looked the same and were roughly $10 less per car. When the Roller Coaster Cars arrived and were assembled the quality seemed very close to the original Plasma Cars but the wheels were rubber and not hard plastic. In our experience this made the cars drive much faster and smoother.

WHY SWIVEL CARS BRAND?
These little cars are of the same quality as the PlasmaCar. From the weight of the plastic to the number of supports, to the parts used these are identical in quality and form. The slight difference being the seat on the PlasmaCar has a raised notch at the end and the Swivel Cars have an extra cover under the back wheels which seems like an improvement over the Plasma Car design.

The fact that these cars came with the rubber wheels and were faster and easier to control (due to wheels & ABEC 7 bearings we assume) and cost less than the Plasma Car (and less than the Rolling Coaster Car as well) made these the easy victor in any comparison between the three "brands". The kids also preferred the color choices of the Swivel Cars but that will vary by child of course.

WHY LINENSPA?
In full disclosure one of the four cars arrived with a slight crack in the back and a chipped piece on the wheel connector. This can happen with plastic products as they are stored and shipped, and it really does not reflect on the quality of the product itself. It does however put a spotlight on picking the right company to purchase your Swivel Cars from online. I contacted Linenspa and shared them information about the damaged car and they quickly responded and took complete care of the problem. The customer service was above-and-beyond, as customer service should be! I demand a lot from customer service and they exceeded expectations. The swivel cars are quality cars (the best we've found thus far), but you must order from a top-notch seller as you never know when customer service might be needed.
on September 6, 2013
I have a home daycare and these are a huge hit. we had 4 plasma cars but that wasn't enough so I ordered 2 more and by chance got the swivel car and this is their FAVORITE out of all of them. Kids fight to use it because of the smooth ride and precise turning. It is all in the clear coat wheels. No other car has them. I looked all over forever and finally looked in my amazon history to track down which brand had the clear wheels. I highly recommend the swivel car!!!! I have 2 kids of my own 10yrs and 12yrs and they love them. So do I.
on April 25, 2012
I purchased the Plasmacar on a recommendation from a friend for my 2 year old grand daughter. I got an awesome price on Amazon, so I ordered it. It took me (grandmother) under 5 minutes to put this together. The Plasmacar is a bit bigger than I imagined it would be. IT is quite sturdy. My adult son tested out the toy when I had assembled it. My 2 year old grand daughter likes this because it does not run by pedal power & she does not have pedaling proficiency yet. The bonus is that her teenage brother and sister like this too!
on August 4, 2014
My nephews from age 3 to age 16 enjoy playing with this toy. We have a long concrete drive & every kid that comes over wants to ride this car when they come to our house. We have purchased 3 of them so they can scoot around the driveway together. One of the most used toys at our house. ***UPDATE 11-14-14 - these cars have been used as bumper cars, racing cars & I can assure you, my nephews have put some miles on these things & surprisingly, they have held up to "rough boy usage". I am very happy with these in particular - thick plastic frame & thick plastic wheels = tons of kid fun at our house!