5.0 out of 5 stars good 3.0 solution for older motherboards
This card works very well & I have not tried adding extra power to it, as it's not been needed. Using Win7 64bit.
Keep in mind that Win7 will not install driver for this card- read the directions and find the correct driver on the CD.....it will install 1-2-3. Usb 3.0 Flash drives get great speed, even with a 2.0 extension cable.
Published 17 months ago by save our country

3.0 out of 5 stars Drivers did not work
I have win 7 64bit. The drivers that came with the card did not work.I had to go to
[...]and download the drivers from there. Looks like it is up and running now.This card takes power from your power supply using the same type of plug as the older drives used.
Published 21 months ago by Don Campbell

3.0 out of 5 stars Drivers did not work, November 9, 2012
This review is from: Syba USB 3.0 External 4 Port PCI-Express 2.0 X 1 Card SY-PEX20136 (Personal Computers)

1.0 out of 5 stars Killed my Computer, April 3, 2013
Device started out great. After about two weeks my computer just died. I thought I had a bad power supply but it wasn't. I began troubleshooting by removing recently installed hardware, the only thing that had been added was this card. After removal my computer booted normally. I tried reinstalling the card again. My computer would not boot. I removed the card again and my computer has been fine since. I was going to return the card but I had already thrown away the package. As time permits I will try the manufactures warranty. Maybe I just got a bad one.

5.0 out of 5 stars good 3.0 solution for older motherboards, February 28, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Fragile PCB, January 16, 2014
John Lellis (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This card works OK, but it doesn't like to be installed and removed very much. One of the three I ordered got moved from PC to PC a few times and in the process some of the runs became detached from the circuit board, perhaps because of flexing. The molex power connector is not very secure, either. Pressing too hard when connecting it to your power supply will cause it to become detached from the circuit board, too. I'm going to try a different manufacturer with the next system I build out.

2.0 out of 5 stars Seemed perfect but did't work out !, May 20, 2013
This card reads like it's perfect for what I needed, un upgrade to USB3 but after install the card keept dropping off and re-reading the HDD's on the external tower.
I did check for updated drivers and installed the newest, I checked the molex for correct power.. and nothing.
I do imagery so after about a week of hassles... took it out and got another brand !
Have had no issues at all with the other brand.
It's surely a driver issue.. but.. what do I care ?
I'ts either it works or not !

5.0 out of 5 stars Good way to add USB 3.0, May 8, 2013
N. Palmer (Belleville, MI) - See all my reviews
This product works as or better than expected. I have it hooked up to my external USB 3.0 hard drive and transfers are fast. No complaints.

4.0 out of 5 stars seems to work ok, February 20, 2013
Seems to work ok. External USB 3.0 drives connected to it don't seem to every go to sleep when idle. I'm not entirely sure if this is the fault of the card or the drives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Syba usb 3.0 4 port PCI Express Card, January 31, 2013
Works well on windows 7 64 bit. Easy to install and the software disk seems to function.

I would recommend to anyone needing extra usb 3.0 ports for a reasonable price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crashed my HP Pavilion p6744y Desktop, February 18, 2013
Daniel R. Foster (University Park, PA United States) - See all my reviews
Installed the Syba USB 3.0 PCI-E card and it seemed to work OK. But a couple of days later, I walked away from my PC for 15 minutes or so, it shut down on its own, and would not restart. Removed this Syba card and everything else except RAM and HDDs. The system still would not start or show any sign of life. Bought new power supply - no change. Removed RAM and HDDs - some life (beeped). Added RAM once pice at a time and computer started each time. Added HDDs, still restarted. Added backup drive to on-board USB port and ran additional back up. Put the Syba card in and the PC would not start. Removed it and PC started. Installed the Syba card in the other PCI-E slot and the PC would not start. Removed it and the PC works.
Next step is my first return to Amazon. If you don't hear from me again, then that went well!

Rate and Discover Movies