5.0 out of 5 stars Sylvania 10 inch portable DVD player
Excellent audio. Very portable. I use it when riding my stationary bike. Picture is excellent. I was looking for a model to mount in front of my stationary bike and this was perfect.
Published 11 months ago by Thomas Cowan

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price
We have been using a Sony dvd player for years. Our daughter loved it. However after a lot of abuse, we needed to get a new one. Sony no longer makes a swivel screen so we decided on this one.

What a mistake.

Published 9 months ago by don ouchterloney

5.0 out of 5 stars Sylvania 10 inch portable DVD player, January 23, 2014
This review is from: Sylvania 10-Inch Portable DVD Player, 5 Hour Rechargeable Battery, Swivel Screen, with USB/SD Card Reader and Car Bag/Mounting Kit (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this DVD player!, November 16, 2013
Josie Whales (Washington, D.C.) - See all my reviews
I am very happy with this purchase. It's fairly light weight and easy to use. I did find, however, that in pushing the buttons to make it work is like clicking the buttons on a cheap kids toy. Have to use the remote control for volume control. Has good sound especially when using ear phones. So all in all, I am very happy with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price, March 10, 2014

What a mistake.

The price is much higher than the Sony. They throw in all these extras - earphone, carrying case etc. But all the extras are very cheap. the carrying case is flimsy.

The player itself feels very cheap. i'm sure this won't last long.

But the worst part is that you cannot resume play of a dvd if you power off and restart. So if you are on a long car trip and you take a break - you cannot power off or the dvd will start from the beginning. We never had a portable dvd player that did this - it is extremely annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars great item, January 20, 2014
Works great....the only down fall is the bag that comes with it kind of cheap. I need to go buy a better one. The size is great and has good sound with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic player, June 24, 2014
I was slightly disappointed with how cheap the buttons feel and the low quality of the carrying case. However, it is still a good deal. My 5 yo loves it and I don't have to worry so much about him breaking it since I did not drop an arm and a leg on it. It worked well for all DVDs of various formats tried. However, it did not recognize the media on the USB drive when I tried. I may be missing something about USB operation since it did not come with instructions. The menus are fairly intuitive. Battery life is as advertized.

A small issue I had is that the remote controller did not work upon arrival (I even replaced the battery), but JM PRIME - the vendor that sells the player through Amazon has excellent customer service (they contacted me about any potential problems), and they are going to get me a new controller at no cost to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sylvania 10" DVD, January 25, 2014
Great product. I purchased it because I travel a lot on my job and live in hotel rooms - this allows me to view my own dvds when I want to see them. Good picture quality and easy to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, April 7, 2014
Stops playing in the middle of a movie..I am returning it. This player costs too much to have this kind of problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, January 23, 2014
I like the option to be able to watch a DVD any place I want to. The picture is great, but the sound could go a little higher. I also play CDs on it, which is great to take it anywhere to listen to music. I'm really glad I purchased this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luv this product., December 30, 2013
Very nice product.Easy to operate and has a good viewable screen.Like the adaptability to use in a vehicle.She loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars sylvania 10 inch portable DVD playet, February 5, 2014
My husband loves it good sound nice picture.Takes it yo work to watch during lunch or fown time.He loves it.