Published on May 17, 2011 by Venkatesh

1.0 out of 5 stars Blew out in 7 months
Ordered in Feb 2012 for a bathroom overhead light. It's Sept 2012 and both bulbs are now dead. Horrible reliability for a fluorescent....only 7-8 months?
Published 22 months ago by Jeffrey

5.0 out of 5 stars Economical alternative to expensive Panasonic replacement bulbs!!, May 17, 2011
I have a Panasonic bathroom exhaust fan (Model# FV-08VQL4) . The bulbs (Model# FDS18E35/4) were busted and I needed to replace them. When searching online I found that the original Panasonic replacement bulbs were selling for about $15. Then I came across this bulb and it worked out perfectly and costed only about $5!! Best of all FDS18E35/4 bulbs are cool white light but Sylvania 20683 bulbs are warm white light. It always bothered me that only one bathroom out of the three in my house had cool white light. Now all of them have the same warm white light. Overall very happy with the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rare socket found!, August 30, 2008
docmorris (Buies Creek, North Carolina) - See all my reviews
None of the local hardware stores had this particular bulb. The house is older, with lighting fixtures to match, and we searched all over for this item. Several close calls but none actually fit. Found the right one on Amazon and it works!! Got a spare just in case. Thanks for the internet and Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Bulb With Warm Light, August 7, 2011
I really like these bulbs! They come closer to the incandescent lighting that I'm use to, (which is 2700K) and I did try the 4100K (cool, bluish light 4100K)compact fluorescent light, and am happier with the color output that these provide for everyday illumination. I'm sure others have been a tad bit frustrated with the newer bulbs and what the Kevin rating means, so I hope this helps others to decide. Cool (4100K) bluish lighting is best for higher contrast aka reading books or print, and as a background light for your computer monitor or flat panel screen which improves the overall contrast and helps relieve eye strain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yellow light, May 12, 2011
I bought this to replace a GE bulb, but didn't realize that the light was rated in Kelvins, it had more of a "yellow" light than the cool "blue" light of the GE bulb that it replaced. This bulb is rated at 2700K which gives it a 'warm' light, versus the 4100K of the GE bulb that gives a "blue or cool" light. I'm use to dealing with the Kelvin rating in video applications, but this is the 1st time I had to deal with it in a compact fluorescent lighting fixture. So buyer beware. If you like a warm yellowish light, then this bulb is for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blew out in 7 months, September 18, 2012
Jeffrey (Connecticut) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Color and Function, January 9, 2013
Purchased these as replacements for a kitchen lighting fixture. Excellent color rendering and brightness that generates clarity and enjoyment in being and working in the kitchen. This bulb says it is dimmable, although the ballast in my fixture,it turned out, was not. Highly recommended; and the supplier on Amazon delivered reliably and for a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard To Find. Great Price., June 18, 2012
For some reason, this particular model of Sylvania is very hard to find locally, and if I'm not mistaken, Lowe's is the only one that might carry it. However, the fact that I've found it here at Amazon, is yet another reason to keep coming back for more. It's great to see that Amazon is full filling more and more items needed for a regular household.

Something you should know about this light bulb that is not listed in the description. This model is emits more of a white sort of light. I was expecting the traditional yellow, but was pleased to find out that is more of a white shade, which makes a room look brighter and more pleasing to the eye.

I ordered 4, but only received 3, so I called Amazon's customer service, and as always, they promptly helped me and issued me a refund for the missing light bulb. I'm happy to be a Prime member and will remaing to be as long as Amazon keeps its excellent customer service staff. Kudos to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright light, April 16, 2013
This is my second time buying these lights. Great product. Worked as expected. I mainly use from Panasonic Bath fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars the length was not specified but good overall, January 24, 2013
I ordered these bulbs to replace existing ones. By just looking at the picture, this bulb looked exactly the same as the one I had. Yet, it is a little longer. Good thing, it still was able to fit. Just be careful when ordering. There are too many sizes and lengths. I wish they would specify the size in a more understandable way. (it's been sever months and it still works fine)

3.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive hard to find bulb, short life, November 26, 2012
Mike455 (Vermont, USA) - See all my reviews
Perfect fit for my Panasonic bathroom exhaust fan/light combo. The original OEM bulbs FDS18E35/4 that came with the Panasonic unit lasted for several years. These Sylvania lights work fine but I'm only averaging about 6 months per light. At this rate it may be cheaper to buy $20 lights if they can last for several years. Still, while they last they seem to work well.

Rate and Discover Movies