4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but big
I just got this, so I don't know how long it lasts. Looks fine, does the job.

However, note that each bulb is 1 3/4 inches in diameter and a bit over 4 inches in length. That's quite a big bigger than the bulbs I'm replacing. Also, the bulbs are frosted, not clear. Worked for me, but YMMV.
Published on January 4, 2010 by Tolkien Fan

3.0 out of 5 stars Bright bulb, some problems
Published on September 20, 2010 by Todd Stevens

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but big, January 4, 2010
This review is from: Sylvania 25986 9-Watt Compact Fluorescent B10 Light, 2 Pack (Tools & Home Improvement)
I just got this, so I don't know how long it lasts. Looks fine, does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fluorescent, August 4, 2009
This is my second set of lights. The first one lasted 6-7 monthes. Then they started to dim and keep flashing a little. I bought another set and it's been like 5 monthes now. I have a two light fixture mounted on a wall above the main door that gets you in the house. Well these lights work everyday from sunset until the morning. I keep them on so the house looks occupied at all times except mornings.
9-watts i believe are like 40W in Incandescent.

Regards,

3.0 out of 5 stars Bright bulb, some problems, September 20, 2010
The pros for this product are the 9w power usage, the small socket for ceiling fan use, and the nice bright light they produce. The down side is that they tend to flicker in my ceiling fans. They work perfectly in the outdoor fixtures (and they look much better than traditional cfl's). Usually turning the fan lights off then on fixes the flicker, but it is annoying (and does not occur with standard bulbs).

4.0 out of 5 stars Big bulb, but great, March 26, 2011
I bought these CFL bulbs from another store online, and I do love them! I bought them to go into a ceiling fan fixture that I bought back in July of 2009, and because I wanted to save electric on this light fixture because it's in the kitchen where it's used a lot. The bulbs are rather big and bulky, which caused me issue in initially trying to use them in the ceiling fan fixture that I bought because the ceiling fan has a frosted dome underneath the bulbs, and the bulbs did not fit. Thanks to a reviewer who bought the same fan that I did, I found some tips on how to get different light supports & other parts on the light fixture and bend the light supports up a little, which allowed me to make the bulbs fit with the dome. These bulbs are equivalent to the light output of a 40 watt bulb, yet only use 9 watts. In fact, it's even brighter than the regular 40 watt candelabra style bulbs that came with my ceiling fan. I am also using a couple of these bulbs in my dining room chandelier. However, I must say these bulbs are not attractive looking. But I got around this issue for my dining room chandelier by buying those small shades for chandeliers, and putting those on top to cover them up. I have been using these bulbs since July 2009 for about 3 hours a day in my kitchen ceiling fan, and they are still going strong as of the date of this review (March 26, 2011). I have not had any issues that other reviewers mentioned.

In summary, the brightness of these bulbs is great! And it feels good knowing that I'm saving energy by only using 9 watts of energy per bulb, yet still getting the lighting quality of a 40 watt bulb! The downside is the bulkiness and unattractive look, which is why I only gave them a rating of 4 stars instead of 5. If they ever make them smaller and nicer looking, I would give them a 5 star rating.

2.0 out of 5 stars They flicker and buzz., March 13, 2012
nebulous1 (Bellevue, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
They didn't work well in our 5-bulb candelabra. They were fine for 5 minutes, but then flickered and buzzed. I tried switching each of them out, in case it was caused by one bad bulb, but never could get any combination of them to work for longer than about 5 minutes without buzzing and flickering. I ended up not using these in the candelabra and had to go with some spherical bulbs instead. They don't as nice, but at least they don't flicker and buzz like these did.

I have put two of these bulbs to successful use in small single-bulb lamps, for which they work OK.

4.0 out of 5 stars Saving electricity with Sylvania CFLs from Amazon, September 11, 2011
tigerbjs (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
I am using these bulbs in two outside enclosed light fixtures on my garage. They provide great light replacing two 40 watt incandescent bulbs in each fixture 3 months ago. Only reason for 4 stars is the cost and unknown longevity, They will need to last a long time to recover the cost differential. Too bad we can't buy CFLs made in USA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright for a candelabra bulb, November 26, 2010
I bought these to replace candelabra bulbs in our front porch light. They fit and are brighter than the old bulbs so I'm happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great warm color, December 22, 2011
Using this light in an exterior light fixture. The bulb looks very nice at night with its good shape and frosted covering. The CFL coil is not apparent at night. Excellent choice for a light that stays on all night. It is a bit slow to reach full brightness (about a minute), but I have it hooked up to an automatic dawn to dusk timer so that is not an issue.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bulb doesn't go in far enough, August 3, 2011
JimJ80 (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
I like the bulbs, but in two out of my four fixtures, they don't extend far enough into the socket to touch the contacts and get energized. The body of the bulb hits the collar of the socket and you can't screw the bulb any farther in. I don't know whether to blame the bulbs or the fixture for this problem. The fixtures are brand-new, so I don't have previous experience with other bulbs.

4.0 out of 5 stars compact fluorescent B10 light bulb, September 19, 2010
Teresa Johnson "marzie" (Granite City, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Good product. Unfortunately, the bulbs are too long to fit the light fixture for which I purchased them. I will use them somewhere else.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›