Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sylvania 29729 23W Compact Fluorescent Micro Mini Light Bulb, Soft White, 2 Pack
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 23, 2008
SYLVANIA 23W Compact Fluorescent Micro Mini

These bulbs are comparable to 100 watt incandescents in light output, so they are quite bright. I can't vouch for longevity, since we only recently began using them. However, they come on instantly at nearly full brightness and they don't flicker, which was reason enough for me to stop using other brands. (Full brightness takes a few seconds.)

They are about 25% smaller than comparable mini fluorescent screw-ins, so they will fit in fixtures where the competition won't. For example, I just bought an overhead 4-light fixture, and installed two of these (since that's all I had) and two of the old style 23 watt compact fluorescent bulbs. Besides sticking out past the glass bowls, the old bulbs gave off a slight yellowish glow. The Micro Mini's light is bright white, similar to daylight.

Another plus: with these bulbs, you can get more light from your small lamps. That is, some small lamps or fixtures are rated for no more than a 25, 40, or 60 watt incandescent bulb. This has nothing to do with the lamp's wiring capacity. Instead, it's because incandescent bulbs of greater wattage could get hot enough to be a fire hazard. The solution is, don't use incandescent bulbs. These 23-watt Micro Minis produce the light of a 100-watt incandescent but get no hotter than a 25 watt incandescent bulb. While that's true for any comparably rated fluorescent bulb, this one is small enough to fit in many small fixtures. For example, we have a recessed stair fixture rated for a maximum incandescent bulb of 25 watts, which doesn't give off much light. With this (or the smaller size) Micro Mini bulb, there's plenty of light.

This product is a technological leap in Energy Star screw-in fluorescent bulbs.
review image
on April 4, 2008
As a product, these lamps are outstanding. Bright, Instant-on, extremely small size (they even fit into a combination fan-light fixture in the bathroom.) That's the good news, the bad is that it appears to be very difficult to receive delivery of unbroken lamps. I ordered two packs (of two). One bulb in each sleeve was broken (the sleeves were dumped into an amazon box and three plastic pods were thrown in afterward - not good for a very fragile product without good packaging of its own.)

The three star rating is an average between the 5 stars that I give the product and the single star I give Amazon and Sylvania for their respective packaging. BTW, as you would expect, Amazon immediately made good on the damage and shipped a new pack of bulbs. Now if I just get it without damage ...
on February 3, 2008
I highly recommend these light bulbs. I have used several different brands and Sylvania bulbs are my number one choice. This bulb in particular is outstanding. Extremely bright. Small size. Turns on instantly. The color is superb. Buy it!
on December 29, 2013
Purchased package of 4 Sylvania micro-mini CFL 2700K soft white bulbs at Lowes which cost me about $17. The package says the bulbs should last 11 years under normal household use. I installed 2 into a kitchen ceiling fixture which accepts 2-60w or less incandescents. One of the two bulbs burned out-completely dead in two hours.
The warranty on the Sylvania says I can get a replacement bulb. All I have to do is send the bad bulb to the company in KY along with the original receipt (which covers all 4 bulbs) leaving me with no receipt for the remaining 3 bulbs. The cost to return the one bulb would be almost as much as what the bulb cost. So what good is a poor quality product when the warranty offers no real recourse. I will not buy Sylvania anything again.
on March 29, 2012
The fixture on our bedroom ceiling fan is obnoxiously small and only allowed a 13 watt CFL and in that tight of a space I didn't want to risk overheating an LED so I looked for compact CFL as if that didn't seem redundant. Anyway, found these and verified the dimensions were within what I guessed the margin I had to work with behind the glass shroud on our fan. Sure enough, they arrive and I install one and it fits...now both our ceiling fans in our house offer decent quality and amounts of light. I still haven't met a CFL that's instant on at full brightness and this one is no exception but the wait's short and the color rendering is pretty good. Nice warm-white glow as advertised.
I've purchased a lot of compact flourescents over the years and this is my favorite. It has a warm 2700K color temperature which create a soft yellowish glow that is more similar to the traditional incandescent bulbs. My wife absolutely hates flourescent lights around the house (the blue "cool white" style) but she is OK with these micro minis. She actually let me put these micro minis into the floorstanding lamp shades because she likes the pleasant light output, and that is amazing considering that these are flourescent. They are small and cute looking and with the low profile they look good even without any lamp covers.
VINE VOICEon September 17, 2008
Indeed, I finally found a CFL bulb that fits in my ceiling fan. This little bulb is awesome. It lights instantly, though it does take about thirty seconds to get to full brightness. The color is perfect, like a halogen bulb. Doesn't make a noise when on or get too hot either. I hope it will last a while, though obviously I can't wait years to write that into my review. This two pack was a bit pricey, but seeing as it's actually a name brand and a micro-mini style that would explain the extra cost. Really, I'm just glad the thing fits into my ceiling fan. Six years it took to find one that would, and provide enough light!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 16, 2012
I usually do not post a review of an item I receive that is broken but in this case I think it is important. CFL bulbs are great but they do contain all kinds of harsh chemicals. So handling them broken is a health issue... Hence this review.

The way they package these bulbs allows NO padding between the two bulbs. So even if Amazon packs them tight..the two bulbs will hit against each other from Amazon to your house.

Mine obviously were broken and as usual Amazon was great on taking the broken item back at no charge to me.

This is just one of those buyer beware moments.
on July 12, 2013
The problem with CFL is that they tend to get large with higher light output. Most 100-watt equivalent CFL are too big to fit in some fixtures. This one is still bigger than an incandescent bulb, but relatively small for CFL of this output. It allowed me to get more light out of fixture that was only rated for 60 watts.
on March 13, 2011
Packaging reads:
"Lasts 11 years!" "life=12000 hours" "This 2pk will save $112.00 in energy costs."
You may save $112 in energy, but you need to net out the cost and time to ship the bulbs back for warranty replacement every couple of years.
Don't forget to keep the receipt and original packaging on hand. I've had to replace so many CFL bulbs of various sizes and wattages that I try to mark the ceramic base of each bulb with a sharpie noting purchase date and other details to help me find receipts.
We live in a modern suburban neighborhood with well regulated electricity and we turn off lights when we don't need them. I've never exceeded the advertised useful life of a CFL that I've had to replace.
Remember to stock up on incandescents before they're removed from the market.