Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sylvania 7-Inch Portable DVD Player (Black)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on November 16, 2010
This dvd player is pretty good. I bought it a year ago to fly with my 2 little boys and it has held up. We also used it at home to watch DVDs in place of a tv, so it gets alot of use, wear and tear. IT has been dropped, spilled on, crumbs all over and it still works. actually, I thought it died a month ago and I went back to just make sure before I ordered another one and it was working again! horray! Picture is good, easy access to controls on side, long (enough) battery life - I think about 2 hours. and I'm pretty sure it charges while you play the movie, so if it does die in the airport, you can plug it in and still have your little ones watching while you charge.
44 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2011
We've only been using this product for 2 months now, but have been very happy with it.

Pros (for our family):
-easy to operate
-remote (also easy)
-long battery life (2+ hours per charge)
-plug in to wall outlet to watch or charge
-plug into car unit to watch or charge
-max volume is loud enough for the whole car to hear if needed
-operate as a DVD player and use with tv
-good quality picture and sound
-has been dropped twice, stepped on and left in hot car for days on end, but still works
-closed captions available if needed
-great price (paid 59.99 in April 2011)

Cons:
-cords could be longer for the car and tv hook up
-7 inch screen
-no materials to hang on seat in car (we use velcro)
-no case

UPDATE: October 28th, 2011
My initial review was 5 stars. My kid watches her DVD player every other day or so in the car. Battery life is excellent, abuse it took is great and surviving in the car from May-October with use contantly was pretty good. It broke last night. I'm returning it and getting a new one just like it.
on July 29, 2012
We bought this item for our grandson to keep him occupied while traveling in Germany. It worked out well with only 1 exception.... the battery life is under 90 minutes, so it is limited when you are expecting to be in a car or on a plane for a few hours (such as a 9 hour flight to Germany) In all other respects, it performs as expected. The manufacturer could provide this information about battery life, and it would help the consumer to make a well informed choice
on September 11, 2011
I purchased this dvd player for my 17 month old to enjoy during car rides. It's supposed to be a Christmas gift but I opened it to make sure everything worked. It wasn't a slim model which I really like because I feel it makes it more toddler friendly. The colors were bright and the sound quality was great. I can't wait to give this to my little man!
on February 5, 2011
I "ENJOY" my DVD player VERY much I use it everytime I go on a trip with my family (Trips & Vacations)My family also enjoys it.
on February 6, 2013
I bought this dvd player actually from a wal-mart store in november 2012 and it works pretty good. I was a little nervous buying one based on the reviews online, but i bought it for my 2 1/2 year old toddler. She plays elmo, dora, and other dvds on it. The volume goes loud enough in my opinion, unless you want it really loud the volume works fine. It comes with a car charger, house charger, and I believe rca cables. The car and house charger work great. It holds charge for probably 3 or 4 hours. The only thing I don't like about this dvd player is that it doesn't keep track of the place of the dvd, so if you shut it off it restarts the dvd. My daughter has dropped it a couple of times and it still works but generally she is pretty careful about holding onto the dvd player if we are in the car. I gave this a 4 out of 5 star based on the battery life and not holding the spot on the dvd when you shut it off. I would recommend this player to other people despite reading quite a few negative reviews online.
VINE VOICEon February 1, 2013
I bought this for my children to use on a long car-ride, and there are definitely some pros and cons.

Pros:
Rechargeable battery
Lightweight
Comes with Dc adapter for car and home

Cons:
Screen quality is terrible
Picture is small
Battery life is short

Despite the cons, I have to say it kept my kids busy on our ten hour car ride, so I can't really complain. I might not enjoy switching from our high definition TV to this, but my children didn't mind in the slightest. Plus, the price was perfect. If you mind the picture quality, this product is not for you, but if you just need something to travel, it is perfect.
on November 9, 2011
It was a good buy for what we needed for traveling by plane. The kids used their headphones and the rest of the people on the plane ride were stating they wished they had one like ours. Granted the tablets were a popular device to have on the planes to watch movies, but at that cost and when we have a 2 and 4 y/o, I did not have to worry about it being damaged.

Like all reviews, if not using the headphones, the built in speakers are weak. Battery life was about two to 2-1/2 hours. During layovers, we would plug it into a wall outlet, spread out a blanket and have a picnic while watching the planes depart.
on February 9, 2013
I love the color and the style, I got this for when I work a night shift to keep me occupied in between phone calls. Haven't had to
at night lately. However, I did look at a movie for a short period to see if the picture was clear. It is set up was easy.
on January 1, 2015
I use this DVD player in Deer Camp as there is no TV reception out in the boonies. I bought it to replace a unit that I wore out. The best I can say for the unit is that it works. The function buttons may or may not work on any particular moment. Had better luck using the remote. The speakers are a joke, the battery only last to about 3/4s of the DVD so you will need a way to power it to watch a whole movie. Having said all that, I used this a lot this year. If I had paid much for the unit, I would grumble more, but I got it for a song. I have a carry pack with a 12v power source and powered batteries so the player works okay for me. I can not recommend it if you plan to use it without backup power and speakers.