1,126 Reviews

Published on April 29, 2011 by Gilbert Mom

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for kids
Published on May 12, 2012 by M. A. Berginc

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, April 29, 2011
I am very pleased with this player, the portable size and quality are great and it plays just fine. I have a nearly one hour commute to and from work each day and the player lasts through both trips on one battery charge. I love the color too. This is a great value for the money because you get everything you need all in one package. The unit comes with a car charger and cables to plug into a television set. It comes with earphones and a remote control also. The only thing I don't like is the case, which as others have mentioned, is very thin and not too great at holding the player in place in the car. I am searching to buy another case but for the price paid and all the accessories this unit comes with, it is well worth the price. My almost two year-old is excited about watching her movies in the car and this will be a life-saver!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well For Us, March 13, 2012
We bought this DVD player for our 2 1/2 year old for our long car rides to my parents' house. After reading other reviews I was a little hesitant, but I gave it a try for the price and swivel/flip function. I love that it can be flipped around and folded so it's similar to a tablet and all of the buttons are covered from our toddler's curious fingers! In anticipation of the carrying case being low quality (according to other reviews) I also purchased the "Car Headrest Mount for Swivel & Flip Style Portable DVD Player," which was a good call! The DVD player itself worked very well. I was happy with the picture and sound. I'm not sure what issue other people are having with the sound because I could hear my son's movie over the sounds of the car, with the A/C on, and radio playing quietly. When he's used it in the house, I've actually gone and turned the volume down so that it's not quite so loud. I have to agree with other reviewers complaints about the carrying case. It's pretty terrible and doesn't hold the dvd player in very well with the oddly placed elastic straps. The material is very lightweight and flimsy, similar to the fabric some reusable shopping bags are made of. The only use I can really see for it is putting the extra cords and Dvd player in for storage between trips. I absolutely wouldn't trust it to hold the DVD player up on a head rest like it claims. We mounted the DVD on the headrest in the car using the car headrest mount mentioned above (available separately on Amazon). I was able to pause, stop, and play the movie using the little remote from the front seat of the car (dvd player behind my head). One downside is that the car adapter cord is really short and was not long enough to reach the dvd player mounted on the headrest. As a solution he would watch one movie, I would take it and plug it in for a while, then put it back for another movie for fear that the battery would die if I didn't. One thing I find myself missing is the ability to turn off the player and turn it back on and pick up the movie where it left off, though with our toddler it didn't really matter since he was happy to just watch it here and there. At this point, I haven't had the occasion to try the USB or SD card reader and don't know that I ever will. We're fine just using DVD's.

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for kids, May 12, 2012
This review is from: Sylvania SDVD7027-C, 7-Inch Portable DVD Player with Car Bag/Kit, Swivel Screen, USB/SD Card Reader (Black) (Electronics)
Bought this initially to use just in my car with a mount as an inexpensive alternative to a roof-mounted DVD player. I took a recent trip out of town and decided to take it with me for my kid to use. I love the versatility of this thing especially having a SD card slot. I inserted a 16gb SD card in mine which has about 12 hours of videos on it. Sure does beat the alternative of lugging those extra DVDs around. The rotating screen is great too. It swivels around and can become flat which fits perfectly in my 16 month old's lap. Battery power seems sufficient, I've played up to 2 hours of video from both the DVD player and SD card with no issues, but haven't tried to test the max battery life yet. All in all, I'm happy with the purchase and would definitely recommend to anyone in the market for a portable DVD player.

9/6/12 Update-
Since I've had this for a few months now my only complaint is the functionality of the buttons on the DVD player itself have degraded particularly the "ENTER" button. When you're on any menu screen and hit "enter" it will move to the next option down instead. Sometimes it will move down one then enter giving you a menu screen or option you didn't want to be in so you have to back out to the main menu again. You have to press almost perfectly in the center or it will do this 9 out of 10 times. Sounds trivial but it becomes a major pain especially when you're trying to get it turned on for your kids and get on the road in the morning. The way to get around it is to use the remote which I haven't had any issues with. Still I'm happy with the versatility the player has and would recommend it to anyone in the market for a DVD/Digital video player.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Player For The Money!, April 23, 2012
We bought this player after much research and store hopping in hopes that it would keep our 4 children happy during a 14 hour car trip. It did the trick! And after 8 months of use it still works!
Pros:
1. Price - at $75 (including tax), it was the best deal I could find for a quality player.
2. Swivel Screen/Folding Screen - very helpful for children to be able to see/hear/remove the temptation to touch buttons.
Cons:
1. The car bag kit is TERRIBLE! Very flimsy: I used a couple of velcro straps to help secure it to the seat. The bag is just a carry case for the player and accessories. If you don't have it secured, the player will bounce out and has several times!
2. Sound - but I cured that by plugging in a tape adapter into the headphone jack to play over the van speakers. If you are using the player in a quiet area or with headphones, it's fine, but road noise will drown out the little speakers on the actual player.
3. The Car/Aux Power Cord is cheap! The cord is way too short (2' long) and it come apart at the plug in on the dvd player side. After 7 months, the cord broke, so I spent $20 at Radio Shack for a new cord & adapter (8' long), so I've paid 1/4 the price of the player to get a better cord! The cables could stand to be a little longer and it should come equipped with an actual RCA male cable (it came with female cable.
The Indifferents:
1. Battery Life is almost 2 hours when fully charged.
2. Picture quality is fine - it's only a 7 inch screen, so choose full screen formatting.
3. The remote is fine, but no volume control (that's on the actual player).
This is a must have for long car rides with children!

5.0 out of 5 stars great mini dvd, September 18, 2010
work well, easy to pass around, u can view movie from ur memory card, flash drive, or dvd files, i buy it again

5.0 out of 5 stars Toddler "Computer", July 31, 2011
I bought this portable dvd player for a road trip and not only did it occupy my child for many hours, it has now become her favorite toy. Thank goodness it is so durable because she takes her "computer" from room to room and can be entertained by it during my long hours taking online courses. When she wants to watch the big screen she doesn't have to touch my nice player since she only needs to plug in the color coordinated audio/video cables into the television. I was skeptical about making such purchase for a toddler but the incredibly low price was a deal I couldn't pass up.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE it!, September 10, 2011
Great picture and sound, love the swivel feature - it's keeping my daughter very happy in the car! The remote actually works from the front seat, too! Extremely happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought It For Another Purpose .... Loving It!, September 10, 2011
I've been volunteering at a local dance club to play music for a women's line dancing group one day a week and originally hooked up a karaoke player with a 7" video screen to the club's sound system for that purpose. After about a year of lugging my portable karaoke/dvd/cd player, I decided to use my android tablet for the same purpose, but missed not having a cd player for those less often requested musical selections not currently on my sd card ... thus I started carrying my portable karaoke player with me as a backup. Well, last week I thought seriously about buying a portable dvd/cd player instead to do the job of both units and came across this unit. I ordered prior to labor day and received delivery promptly as estimated while taking advantage of the free shipping option.

The bonus of not only being portable but also having a built in battery good enough for 2 hours of play time and the capability of not only reading from the usb and sd ports were the best selling points for me. I ordered one for now and I couldn't be happier. The video and sound quality is excellent! For my purposes, the built in speakers are adequate but when the unit is coupled with a studio grade sound amplifier/mixer through the headphone jacks ... the result is just great! Just for my own curiousity I used the supplied a/v plug to connect the player to the tv in my livingroom and the picture is more than acceptable for something that isn't blu-ray or hd. BTW for those interested ... the unit will also play karaoke cd-g discs flawlessly too!

For the money, the 7" screen is a better deal than the 9" same brand unit also sold here at the Amazon site and more than ample for my alterior needs. The only drawbacks to using this player in lieu of my android tablet or karaoke player is that you can't seem to alphabetize or customize your mp3 music or video playlist through the usb/sd card ports. For my purposes, the included remote is not really necessary but a very welcomed convenience. The unit is a no-brainer to use, so should someone be called in to substitute for me for whatever reason ... it wouldn't be rocket science to figure out what buttons to press.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its portable and it plays DVD's, March 7, 2013
This player does the basic functions of a DVD player pretty well. The best part of the player is that the screen folds down to hide the buttons from my 3 year old. She can hold it and watch her movies and I don't to worry too much about accidental button pressing.

The big downer on this product is that when you turn it off the DVD starts over EVERY TIME. With other models of portable DVD player we have had the movies start from the point in which we turned off the unit. This is only a huge issue because you have to go through the previews each and every time. And for some reason it seems all of our DVD's have previews that cannot be skipped or fast forwarded through.

Overall its Okay but there may be more convenient options out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better then Review, November 19, 2011
I have a hard time with how negative the review writters are. This is a great product. We often have to turn it down in our car. The battery is good and the quality is great. Love how it plays avi's off the USB. Best value that I've found after 6-8 months of research and testing.

Rate and Discover Movies