Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on April 28, 2011
Cheap DTV works pretty well. The low resolution display makes things look a bit pixelated but the one defect makes this product useless....

The video adjustments only work in TV mode... while watching a DVD you cannot adjust the screen (brightness, contrast ect...) and the default brightness is set so low that you cannot watch DVD's because the screen is too dark. Since changes to the setting ONLY affect viewing in TV mode, you are stuck with a device that does not allow the viewing of DVD's.

This, and the fact that the LCD display is of such a low resolution means that this device is really only good for a portable music player as the ability to use SD's abd USB's loaded with MP3's make this a really sweet music player. So back this one goes which is too bad. I could live with the low res screen but not without the ability to watch DVD's.
on August 19, 2012
This is an excellent item with lots of great features. The DVD portion works really nice, and the DTV does as well, jsut as long as you have a decent antenna connected to it. The factory-shipped antenna is really useless and receives 0 channels, but using an external Philips DTV antenna we were able to receive 5 channels with great clarity once we adjusted the antenna position. Although it can be a pain to carry an antenna around, we'd only use the antenna if we take the unit with us camping or for a long road trip. Beware we still haven't gotten the device to pickup any television broadcasts using a direct cable connection in any format. In auto, HRC, IRC, or STD it just can;t decode more than 3 signals from a non-scrambled cable signal that normally shows about 70 channels. This would be an issue if we were using it for that purpose, but we aren't, so it's not a big deal. Now if the battery just lasted a few hours longer, then this would really be an even nicer unit.
on May 8, 2014
The item arrived with a remote that does not work. It appears the battery is dead. That made going through the setup much more difficult. After considerable effort, I was able to get the setup going and picked up signals from local stations. A higher quality antenna will be a big help in getting strong enough signals to do the job. The video quality of local channels is pretty good. However, the audio is very low. I have hooked up external speakers.

I also played a DVD on the device. Again, without a working remote control that was a bit of a chore. However, the DVD played well and the video looked fine.

-----

On May 19, 2014, I received an e-mail from the vendor inquiring about the remote control issues. I noted that a new battery (just over $6 at Radio Shack) was obtained. Now the remote works. The vendor offered me a refund of $10 for the cost of the battery and my time in correcting the problem. The rebate was processed in less than 24 hours through Amazon.
on July 26, 2014
Not a true ATSC tuner. It is a digital monitor with a PAL/NTSC tuner. I purchased this for use in the US, but it doesn't receive any channels digitally. I tried the antenna that came with it and two other antennas of my own. Regular rabbit ears and a newer hdtv digital antenna I am currently using with a converter box on a small kitchen TV that receives all available channels.

In the general setup options on the player and in the user manual (page 20) it asks you to choose which TV setup you have, PAL (which is used in Europe) and NTSC (which is the old analog standard in the USA). The only mention of ATSC is the start up screen saver.

The DVD player works great and the controls are easy to use.

I returned this unit the next day due to the non ATSC tuner issues. It was purchased mainly for TV usage as a replacement for a different TV/DVD player that broke after heavy usage.
on October 19, 2012
this portable tv/dvd player is great. I've been using mostly the TV component. I haven't had a problem with it yet. Though I've only use it in the city. I haven't traveled with it.
on February 18, 2013
I bought this because it was a combination tv & dvd player. The dvd works really great but if your wanting to watch tv, be advised you are límites on channels. I bought this to be able to watch NFL games but two major stations in my área are not picked up on this machine.
on October 21, 2013
I ordered the unit so that I could check and verify that cable TV outlets work on our property. Did not intend to use the DVD. Bottom line is that the unit refuses to recognize the cable when it autoscans for channels. In addition, you cannot manually enter channels. Thus, the unit is defective and will be returned. Exceedingly disappointed.
on October 26, 2014
it was awful, no sound. missing parts and the way it was made was very trashy. The worse part was sent back because it did not work and they had the nerve to charge me restocking fee of 16.00 will never buy anything eletronic from amazon or it affiliates. Do not have that kind a money for a rip of restocking fee... on item that does not work and had missing parts.. total bull.... so much for my Christmas list from there.
on November 17, 2013
I read and re read the manual and fussed with it over 3 hours never could play a DVD. It would scan for TV and then just go to a screen that said please run something or other.... VERY difficult and not sure if defective. It went back the next morning!!! Even my nephew with 3 college degrees AND a Masters couldn't do it.
on May 18, 2014
Shipped quickly, couldn't ask for more. Picture quality good, battery life could be longer, but still a keeper! Easy to use, tv tuner might be a little better!