5.0 out of 5 stars amazing portable dvd player
Published on July 29, 2011 by Ah

2.0 out of 5 stars I so hoped this would work out......
Published on July 30, 2011 by kris g

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing portable dvd player, July 29, 2011
This review is from: Sylvania SDVD7061 7-Inch Portable Tablet DVD/CD/MP3 Player, Built-In USB/SD Card Reader and Car Bag/Kit (Black) (Electronics)
this is the best portable dvd player i have owned (and i have owned many)! it was also the least expensive one that came with a usb/sd card reader, which is important for me as i have tons of movies on sd card. i use it at home with the stand up, or in the car...it straps on to the back seat of the car. both picture quality and sound quality are as good or better then much more expensive players that i have had in the past. i couldnt ask for a better player, and itis well woth this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little DVD player, December 29, 2011
I ordered two of these DVD players for my 2 sons...ages 6 and 3 years old. I wanted them because I was looking for something very portable. Turns out they are VERY VERY portable and my sons are able to carry them around with them when we're in the stores as well as in the car. They can put them in their laps as they ride through the grocery store in the basket...eventhough they came with the car seat attachments, my boys are happier with the players in their laps while we ride in the car. These players have great picture quality, and so far have held up very well to the abuse my 3 year old has given it. Despite being dropped a couple of times, it still plays great. The battery life is great as well...the players came with car chargers and wall chargers, so when the battery does run out, we're able to plug them up quickly. This is a great little DVD player and I have recommended it to many of my friends for their small children.

2.0 out of 5 stars I so hoped this would work out......, July 30, 2011
I bought this DVD player for my 2 year old son to entertain him on a long car trip late this summer. The price was great and the design was perfect, and it would be up out of his reach. I tried it out in my house, and it seemed fine, with the exception of the sound being very low at maximum volume. It ran for a while, and worked fine. I installed it in my car, and have used it four times. Every single time, the volume totally shuts off after a few minutes of driving. I checked to make sure everything was plugged in correctly, and have never had a problem with anything plugged into my car in the past. The picture is good, installation was easy. The wire to my car outlet was almost too short. Sadly, I will be returning this and looking for another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Product, August 20, 2011
Hi,

I bought 2 units of this item for my kids.
The value of money is very good comparing to the quality of the product.
I had very good experience, the item is really amazing.
After my first experience I decided to buy more quantity for my loved ones.
I have bought another 3 units and may buy more soon.

I hope this review can help.

2.0 out of 5 stars Intentionally flimsy, March 4, 2012
Bought for the kids for Christmas - lasted until March 4th. Granted, my kids were hard on it, but my repair attempts found that it is made with tiny screws that fail easily, and the ribbon cable connectors are also not made to attach more than one, maybe 2 times before they fail. If you treat it like fragile glass, it might last for awhile, but if you're going to strap it to headrests in the car and fumble it in and out of its soft case to change DVDs, it's going to get dropped, and when it gets dropped, it falls apart much more easily than most "portable" electronics I have owned.

On the plus side, I love the play video from SD card feature, I was counting on the DVD player breaking after a year or so (actual time to DVD player failure with my kids, about 2 weeks - they pulled out a ribbon cable) so video from memory card was a huge plus. On the minus side, the SD card sticks way out of the case, begging to get damaged out there - I don't know why they didn't use a standard recessed SD slot like the rest of the world, but I suppose it's not all that bad, the SD slot was still working even after the rest of the system failed.

Software wise, yes it does play video and music files and I think it does picture slide shows too, but the interface is clunky like something from a $20 DVD player I bought in 2004.

Bottom line, if you need something that is at all sturdy, look elsewhere, otherwise this is a good, if somewhat clumsy, player for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for gym, November 30, 2011
I purchased this for the tredmill at the gym and I love it. I watch a movie & the time flies by. The sound & picture is good and it is just the right size.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap not worth money, October 1, 2011
Despite the poor reviews regarding the sound on this dvd player I still bought it. Hoping to save some money. I regret it, the sound would come and go and wasn't great when it was present. This is simply a cheaply made poor quality dvd player. I returned it and bought the Coby 9 inch, it too was a cheap piece of junk and I have to return it. I'd advise buying a reputable name brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!!!!, May 26, 2014
Great service, merchandise and price. Held up well despite wear and tear. I can not tell you how many times this player has been dropped and it still works! I'm using duct tape to keep it together because I refuse to part with it. Will not be disappointed if you purchase this player. Keep up the great work guys! Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tablet, April 17, 2013
I purchased for my three year old. I liked it. The sound was not very loud. He was too rough with it and it didn't last long.

5.0 out of 5 stars if is good, November 19, 2012
it works great with cd and dvd i like this device and it is good for home or car and everyweher you like to go

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›