- Brand Name: Curtis
- Model Number: SDVD8732-BLACK
- Display Size: 7 inches
- Color: Black
Sylvania SDVD8732 7-Inch Dual Screen Portable DVD Player with Built In 3.5 Hour Lithium Battery and USB/SD Card Reader
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 7-inch LCD display
- Dual screens allow you to display same videos or images from the portable DVD players.. Includes a car adaptor allows you to power your portable DVD player using the cigarette charger.
- Simply plug in and mount the screens on the headrests in your car.
- DVD Player with 3.5 hour built in battery
- The Sylvania Portable DVD player is compatible with most DVD and CD discs available in the market.
- Also included are 2 earphones, a carrying case, all the necessary car straps, AC adapter, instructions manual.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The Sylvania SDVD8732 7" Dual-Screen Portable DVD Player makes it easy to enjoy your favorite DVD movies on the go. The progressive scan DVD player is compatible with a wide range of disc formats, and movies come to life on the 7-inch widescreen display with a 16:9 aspect ratio. There is a stereo audio output for the included earphones, that works with any standard 3.5mm headphones, as well as a built-in speaker. An AC adapter, DC car adapter, and remote control are included, as well as two headrest mounting kits for vehicle installation.
Vivid Dual Display
This portable player offers two vivid 7-inch, TFT color displays to watch your DVD collection on with friends and family. The 16:9 aspect ratio allows you to watch your favorite movies without letterboxing (the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen) or zooming to fit the screen, cutting off part of the shot.
Compatible with a Wide Range of Disc Formats
The built-in DVD player can play back both conventionally recorded PAL and NTSC discs as well as recordable disc formats like DVD+/-R and DVD+/-RW. For increased versatility, this player can play various discs besides DVDs, including 8cm and12cm CDs. The player is compatible with recordable CDs (CD-R), and you can even play your digital music and photos burned to a CD-R, allowing you to enjoy your MP3s and JPEG-format files through the player.
USB and SD Card Ports
Watch your digital movies and listen to your MP3 library direct from a USB flash drive or SD card, thanks to a built-in USB port and SD card reader.
The player is powered by a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery with a 3.5-hour battery life for maximum portability. Charge up the player using the included AC power adapter.
- USB/SD card reader
- Stereo audio output
- Headphone jack
- Built-in 3.5 hour lithium battery
- 2 Sets of earphones
- 2 Headrest mount kits
- Remote control
- Car and AC adapter
Curtis International Ltd. manufactures and distributes quality, value priced consumer electronic products. Curtis International Ltd. offers a broad range of the latest technology in affordable home electronic products including LCD and LED televisions, DVD and portable DVD systems.
Curtis International Ltd. is headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with distribution facilities across North America and Europe.
Top Customer Reviews
Initially I was looking for 9 inch screens. I was afraid the 7 inch would be too small. I was wrong. The 7 inch screens are more than adequete for my 3 and 6 year old.
The main deciding factors for purchasing this product over the others were the sd/usb capability and the 5 hour battery. This is the only portable system I could find with sd/usb capability. It also happened to be one of the cheapest. Yay! The difficulty in accessing the dvd player wasn't really a concern of mine, because I honestly didn't plan on using it. It's so much easier to insert the sd card preloaded with multiple movies especially in a vehicle. Personally I used 2 4gb card with 4-5 movies per card. To my utter delight, when the first movie was finished, it automatically started the next movie on the card!!! So great for long car rides.
I chose this model with the battery over the cheaper one, because I didn't like the idea that I was going to have to restart the movie every time I got gas or turned off my vehicle. The battery takes care of this and continues to play the movie while pumping, however, it only continues to play the movie on the main screen. Luckily the extra screen that turned off, was in front of my 6 year old and there were no major meltdowns or tantrums. She just leaned over and watched her sisters screen for a few minutes.Read more ›
1. Cost - for the price you get 2 large screen portable players with the capability to play DVD's as well as the ability to play movies off a SD card or USB stick. (See cons for thoughts on video formats.)
2. Accessories - It comes with a remote. This is not listed on the product description (at least when I bought it) and is a big plus for me. Not many other brands offer remotes. It also includes a car and wall adapter, cable adapter for hooking in an RCA jack source, and a carry bag I didn't much care for. (it was clear)
3. Video Quality - For a portable DVD player it is pretty good. Shows do not appear grainy to my eyes and are relatively sharp with good color quality. Let's be honest, it's not a 120 Mhz LED backlit flatscreen, but if you were expecting that I would like to invite you to join us back at a place we call reality.
4. Battery - This player includes a battery in the master unit that keeps the unit playing even when the car is turned off. I'm not sure how long it lasts but for short stops it's great. Also several prior reviews state the battery does not run the slave unit. This is not true. If they are connected together the battery will power the second screen. The slave unit unfortunately does not have a battery of it's own.
4. Mounting Straps - Several reviews state you cannot open the player with the headrest straps on. This is totally false! The straps slide through pegs mounted in the case on the back and do not disrupt accessing the disc door.Read more ›
-Plays from SD Card
-Has mounting system for car
As other reviewers have mentioned, it really could use some documentation on the types of video it plays back. After a bunch of trial and error, I found the following:
-Does not playback h264.
-Recognizes .avi and .mp4.
-Will play xvid through .avi container.
-I couldn't get the .mpg extensions to work, but other folks said they could. Not sure what setting I had wrong.
-Needs to be widescreen (720x480). Other sizes refuse to play
-MPEG4 through a .mp4 container works. AAC audio works. 1200 bitrate works, but I suspect a bit higher is ok as well. I just wanted my files to be a bit smaller to fit a couple more movies on the SD card.
Not sure about the quality. They seem solid enough now, but time will tell.
The mounting system is of questionable design. The straps to hold it to the seat back go around the front of the player, and can get in the way of the door if you don't get them positioned just right. It will open, however, if the straps are in the right place. But, there's nothing really to keep them in the right place, so they can easily move to be in the way.
Viewing angles are really bad. I suppose it doesn't matter for a car since the viewer is locked into a fairly static viewing angle, and there are 2 screens one for each back seat viewer. I was a bit surprised though, since I haven't seen a screen this bad in probably 10 years or more.
Lack of playback resume is another subtle flaw. Ok for long trips, questionable for short ones unless you want to skip scene a lot.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These work pretty good though the downside is the mess of cables that has to be attached to them while using the product.Published 1 month ago by Mista Kut
Worked pretty well while it worked. It lasted just over a year and now is no longer functioning. I don't find this in any way acceptable. Read morePublished 6 months ago by V. Richie
UGH! Where to begin? The second screen never worked consistently. The first screen wouldn't hold a charge; and then it stopped working. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Parallel Fifth
Vacations going to be awful now! Not to mention i apparwntly recieved a used one under the impression it was NEW! Read morePublished 10 months ago by ADeMarco
Second screen quit working the second time we used this. The main screen also skips often, even when just sitting on a table. Cheaply made and not worth the cost.Published 12 months ago by Erika Vodopich