4.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD player but accessories suck!
This DVD player does what it says it does: plays various formats easily & cleanly. The remote the useful & easy to use...even from the front seat!

I love being able to swivel the screen around to make a "tablet" style DVD player & hang from the headrest a little cleaner.

Published on June 23, 2011 by Cl

2.0 out of 5 stars Low volume, poor accessories
Published on November 2, 2011 by Berkshires Homeowner

4.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD player but accessories suck!, June 23, 2011
This review is from: Sylvania SDVD9000B2 9-Inch Portable DVD Player with Car Bag/Kit, Swivel Screen, USB/SD Card Reader, Piano Black Finish (Electronics)

My only complaints are with the accessories. The included power cords, both for car & home plugs are short & flimsy. The earbuds broke as soon as I opened them. The included carrying bag is actually made of the same material as cheap, disposable/semi-reusable bags. The strap broke right away & there is no padding.

Overall, plugs can be replaced & better carrying/mounting devices ate easily obtained. The player handles what we put it through everyday without even a skip.

2.0 out of 5 stars Low volume, poor accessories, November 2, 2011
No complaints with the picture quality, but I am returning it. The volume is so low that even at the loudest setting it is a strain for a person with no hearing problems to hear any dialog. The "case" is a flimsy bag like the reusable supermarket bags. The AV cable is about 6 inches long. Everything about it is cheap and not worth the price. I'm being generous in giving it 2 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome little player!, March 13, 2012
We love this thing. As other reviewers have said, it's not super loud, but it's loud enough for our kids. We don't just use it for the car either. My daughter takes it in her bed and watches movies before nap. The picture is nice and crisp and the controls are easy. As a testament to Sylvania, my daughter dumped a whole cup of milk on this thing and I thought it was done for. I opened it and soaked up as much of it as I could and then tipped it and let it dry for a day. Amazingly, it works perfectly still.

In the car, the power cord is long enough to reach from the back seat to the cigarette lighter adapter to power it which was a concern of mine. The swivel head is convenient, but we haven't had much cause to used it -- although it has probably saved the screen from being snapped off more than once simply by being so flexible.

If you're looking for a great priced, durable, and sleek little machine, this one is a great choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good portable DVD player from Amazon!, September 28, 2011
I purchased the Sylvania SDVD9000B2 after my RCA DVD player died. Having never had much luck with RCA products I researched other brands. There were many good offerings out there in 9 inch and even 10 inch screens but the Sylvania SDVD9000B2 offered the most bang for my buck while still keeping the price low. True, the carrying case is flimsy and the cable to connect the unit to the TV is too short and doesn't have the needed male connectors, but that is the only drawback I have found in the 5 weeks since it arrived. I used the case from my old player and had the correct cable in my drawer, so no sweat there. I use it almost every day and it doesn't disappoint. The "on unit" controls are easy to use plus there is a remote. The swivel screen is also a big plus. I highly recommend this portable DVD player.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed - Beware, February 27, 2012
I received the unit 6 weeks ago. I absolutely loved it. It was awesome... Then, yesterday, the video screen blew. I can hear the video, but all I have is a white screen with vertical lines. I called the customer servers, a Curtis International. Absolutely awful customer service. They barely speak English, read from a script, and provide no technical assistance what so ever. To return the item for repair, which will take 8-10 weeks, I have to pay the shipping and their is a $7.00 warranty charge that has to paid by credit card immediately over the phone, or by cashier's check. And after all this, there is no guarantees their findings will be covered under this warranty of theirs. Dealing with them has been nothing but frustrating. Worst customer service ever!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars USELESS PIECE OF JUNK. CHEAP MATERIAL USED, May 25, 2012
I bought this DVD palyer a few months ago. Even though it is portable, it stays in one place. The only thing that I actually move on it is the screen to swivel it or close it. 6 months later the screen came detached from the DVD player. I had bought Four Square guarantee with it. When I called Four Square, they told me to contact Sylvania the manufacturer. Sylvania does not warranty against the swivel. Four square said they would not cover it. The quality of the material is cheap. Despite low handling it broke. Speaking of Four square warranty (third party warranty), they back out when you actually go to make a claim.

AVOID BOTH - SYLVANIA DVD PLAYER AND FOUR SQUARE WARRANTY OFFER

2.0 out of 5 stars Very short life, February 13, 2012
I purchased this for my son to watch DVDs in the car. We received it at the beginning of November, 2011. It was used ONLY on car rides--so maybe 4 times a week. I had no complaints about the DVD player, and thought it was a good purchase--good picture, sound was okay for an almost 2 year old. However, I tried to turn it on this past weekend and it wouldn't work! It makes a horrible noise while trying to play the DVD and finally says "no disc". I've tried multiple DVDs and nothing works. Three months of use is not acceptable. I'm very disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sylvania dvd player, June 15, 2011
I am very pleased with the picture quality while viewing. This player is also liteweight.Great price good quality. The carry bag is paperthin so you will need to buy a better bag.

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent until it died, March 13, 2013
Received this as a Christmas gift for my daughters. Used it 2 months then got the white screen. I assume there was a connection lost between the screen and the base because you could still hear the sound. It was alright for when it worked, the volume was bit low and it would not save settings like screen orientation between uses, but other than that it did what it was supposed to. Luckily for us we were able to get a refund through amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, April 18, 2012
Cannot beat the deal! I read the reviews before ordering and knew we may have an issue with sound. However, there is NO issue with this product what so ever. Every aspect of this DVD player is fantastic. It is user friendly and picture/sound quality are great. I purchased this for my 7 year old. If you need something of exceptional quality, this is not it. But if you are looking for a DVD player that will give you the enjoyment of watching a movie on the go for relatively little money, then this is your DVD player! The carrying bag is NOT a protective cover. It provides NO protection. I am using the bag that came with the last DVD player we purchased. Price is great and you are purchasing the player not the bag.