- File Size: 201 KB
- Print Length: 28 pages
- Publisher: Zephyr Publishing (October 1, 2008)
- Publication Date: October 1, 2008
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004PLMJEK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,004,234 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Homo Sylvanus (Break Bites) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 28 pages||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled||
Audible NarrationAudible Narration: Ready
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Similar books to Homo Sylvanus (Break Bites)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
Please visit her site at www.ambersistla.com.
Top Customer Reviews
The story is a futuristic space story and revolves around Brennan Candler who is dying. Dying is uncommon in this age, Brennan has bad genes that were supposedly passed onto his daughter. Brennan is married to a famous space pilot who has abandoned him, presumably because of his dying. In a multi-year trip to somewhere, Brennan finds a scientist who is specializing in his disorder and works with her to reverse the problem.
The good: There were no grammar errors and it seemed relatively well proofed. The storyline has potential.
The not so good: A). The characters, with their unique names, get confusing, especially in the beginning of the book. B). Significant chunks of years pass without reference. The reader is left to fill in the details on what might have happened in that stretch of time. This could easily be resolved by a sentence or two that references those lost years. C). More importantly, there is no build up to conflict or character development, there are no hills and valleys. For example, a murder is committed in the book. There is no conflict nor hints of problems leading up to the event, just that the character was killed, with a brief, choppy explanation afterwards. If things were alluded to leading up to the various event(s), it would strengthen and tighten the book.
This is only my opinion. The book is short enough that others could read it and see if they reach a different conclusion.
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonization
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonization
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering