Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Color: Colors VaryChange

on March 2, 2010
I ordered this helicopter along with 3 other helicopters. 3 from Syma and one off brand helicopter. I ordered multiple helicopters because the only ones I have flown have been 2 channel and if one broke I would have backup. I ordered the Syma S107 and S105 at the same time, and the S107 arrived first and the S105 arrived the next day. On my frist flight of the S107 I was suprised how stable and smooth the flight was. The box says 14 and up but I think anyone could control this helicopter. It goes up, down, left, right, forward, and backwards, all at a balanced speed thats good for indoor flight. It is not too slow to be boring or too fast that you can't controll it. The trim button on the controller is pretty much not needed because it does not spin out of control. I still havnt adjusted the trim after about 20 flights. Also, both Syma helicopters are VERY durable since they are made of metal and hard plastic. The blades are also durable. There are some differences in the S107 and S105. The S105 is slightly wider and slightly longer. It also has two LED lights on each side and one in the front, a total of 6, which can be cool or annoying, it just depends on preference. The s107 has a single light on the front. The S105 seems to spin out more than the S107 and is more difficult to trim. This is an obvious flaw that was addressed with the newer S107, because it does not spin out at all. They both can be charged with the controller or through a USB port on your computer which is good if you don't want to waste your batteries on your controller. They both use 6 AA batteries in the controller. Both helicopters are extremely durable and have been crashed several times. My only complaint with them is the flight time is only around 5 minutes, although I don't have anything to compare it to because the other 2 helicopters I ordered are still not here yet after about a week and a half. Also, the only option for shipping is standard shipping. Overall I would recommend the S107 over the S105 because of the trim issue with the S105, but both are excellent helicopters and they are a very good price.
4343 comments1,134 of 1,183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2015
The Syma Helicopter is very easy to fly! I was surprised at the fact I could keep it in the air without losing control or hitting a wall! I have mastered landing it on my Remote Control Helicopter Landing pad!
Can be flown indoors or outdoors. When flying outdoors the wind may effect your flying as this helicopter is very light.
Has red and blue lights that flash which allows you to fly at night, pair it with a remote control helicopter landing pad and you have the perfect set up for night flying.
Flying time has ranged from 7 to 15 minutes for me, flying time is less outside depending on the breeze.
Very easy to control, although I have yet to master what every button on the remote does! I just press the buttons, push the joys stick in every which direction and go! Flies like a dream for me!
I received this item at a discounted price in exchange for my honest unbiased review.
review image review image review image review image
0Comment108 of 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2015
Updated to 5 stars. The same night after writing this review, something clicked for me and I was able to nail half a dozen perfect landings on target indoors. I'm pretty pleased! The main change I made was allowing the copter to fly a bit higher, such that it was less affected by the draft that it created with its own rotors. That allowed me to gain more control over the helicopter and go where I wanted it to go!

Original review: I got this helicopter along with the Remote Control Helicopter Landing Pad - LED Lights Installed - Suitable for RC Helicopters, Quadcopters, Drones, Syma Helicopters. I've flown a small RC quadcopter before a few times, but never an RC helicopter before, so this was all relatively new to me. It came nicely packaged in the box. Within minutes, I was flying the copter in the living room, though I had trouble balancing the trim so that it would not spin in place when hovering. I wasn't really sure how to judge its maneuverability and stability -- all I know is that I had a really hard time making very precise small corrections with it. Even indoors, it would get pushed around by the breeze that it was creating by itself. This was especially apparent when trying to land the copter on a small target -- as soon as I approached the platform, it would get pushed around by the breeze and go off course. Luckily, it does seem very durable. I've crashed it dozens of times and it still flies. The flight-time-to-charge-time seems pretty reasonable for an RC vehicle. Sometimes, the copter acts a bit non-responsive when I try to make it throttle up. It spins up and then sputters out without lifting off. I sometimes have to throttle it 2-3 times before it will lift off. This is even with a so-called full charge and I'm indoors, so I'm not quite sure what is the problem. Anyway, I've had it for about a week, and only managed to land the copter on the platform once, so apparently I'm a slow learner when it comes to flying. Even so, this seems like a great value for an RC helicopter!

Disclosure: I received this item in exchange for my honest review.
review image review image
0Comment48 of 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2010
I am not a Heli expert but can say I have owned an Electric Falcon with Auto Pilot ($250-350), a Coco Lama (great heli $75) and the first micro heli($19). The s107 is fun and VERY stable, you really can't ask for more, it will go back and forward very easily, it would literally be a work of engineering at this price if it had better turning. Let me explain- it vertical controls are quick and presice, it goes up and down very easy and with power, it turns to the right or left by a light touch. What it is lacking is horizontal yaw. But guess what it's a toy and so cheap that I must say outside of this it's a blast! I love my Coco Lama, its bigger and worth every penny, yet this micro is sturdy and has great controls, it's a steal for 30-35 total, its built very well and strong, I truly believe its going to be around a long time and if not the parts are cheap. I truly believe it could go for $70-100 so it's the best bang for the buck! I hear there is a walker out there that is great but its $100. I question how much better and fully applaud Syma and Xheli for making it cheap. I also feel it's a great learner heli, oh yes. You get this thing down when you step up will have the basics down. BUY it! For this price it's a 5 You will not be wasting money its worth every penny!
1717 comments677 of 751 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2010
22 comments182 of 198 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2012
I received an obviously fake S107G from Amazon and want to warn other buyers to beware. From what I found out, Amazon combines all inventory for the Syma S107G. Just because you buy from a certain seller does not mean it is coming from the seller that supplied the inventory to Amazon. Once it is combined they do not know the source of the inventory so it is not able to be tracked. Some sellers are taking advantage of this and sending fake S107G's to Amazon to make more profit and they are getting combined with the real S107Gs. As a result, getting a real vs fake is just luck of the draw.

The main differences I can see right off the bat are:

1) The circuit board is green. The real s107G has a red circuit board.
2) The "S107" print on the canopy is thinner lettering and not bold on the fake.
3) The outside box looks identical but the box is physically smaller and the "Syma" logo is missing.
4) The print on the box is blurry at the bottom, like it was scanned and printed again.
5) The paint on the real has a glittery finish the fake is just a flat color paint.
6) The overall fit and finish on the remote and the helicopter are different. It feels and looks cheaper.
7) The helicopter is not as stable and the battery does not last long.

The real version of this product is 5 stars because the real Syma S107G is a great helicopter but with all these counterfeits I have to give it 1 star. I hope Amazon changes their inventory system so counterfeit products can be tracked down and eliminated but until then I will not be buying S107G's on Amazon.
review image
55 comments91 of 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2012
I bought a pair of these for my kids age 10 and 12. They have a blast with them and are easy to fly. These helicopters have been crashed more times than they have flown practically. They withstand the abuse without any issues. Very durable helicopter and kids are very happy with them. I bought the spare parts kit just in case I needed to do repairs, but so far they have held out.
11 comment52 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2015
The helicopter is one of the easier to fly, I've owned several and always enjoy flying them. The small size helps with indoor fun we try it outside but it didn't quite as good as indoor because of the wind and being open area. It has small blue and red LED lights in the nose which tells you if the power switch is on. The battery charges faster then most I've had before and lasts if not longer just as long. There's always an issue with any type of air flow that will make the helicopter react different. Just be aware of drafts and also flying next to things that create a draft from the thrust of the blades. The controller fits nice and has easy controls. Great gift for family and friends this coming Christmas. My son loves to watch it flying and trying to catch it. I am happy and satisfied with this helicopter! no complain so far.

I received this Helicopter for free in sharing my honest and unbiased review! But it never affect my own opinion using this product!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment56 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 7, 2012
I have 3 other S107G's and I bought this white model because I wanted one more since they take an hour to charge and it would use the same parts and remote. This one was really different because the forward speed was much slower than my other S107G's. I should add that the color shouldn't matter, because they are all the same underneath. However, this one was far more stable than the others, allowing me to make precision landings on very small surfaces. I am not sure if it was the luck of the draw, or that this one is newer than my other S107G's. All I can say is this was the best out of four. I previously bought the green, yellow, and red versions of the S107G. This one was superior in that handled much better and so precisely that I feel it is worth it to buy one more white S107G and see if my luck continues. Also the typical run time for these is between 5 to 10 minutes, and usually about 6 minutes if you are lucky. This one ran for a good 14 minutes before the battery lost it's charge. Perhaps this one is a bit newer, and improvements have been made? I am not sure, but I plan to buy another one.
22 comments40 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2011
I love this helicopter. So why the 1-star rating? I want to draw attention to the one glaring weakness of the Syma S-107 in the hopes the manufacturer might one day address it. Specifically, the "manual" (a poorly translated leaflet) does not contain any information about proper care of the battery, which is clearly the least durable part of the helicopter.

Caring for the Lithium Polymer (Lipo) battery inside the helicopter requires a very specific set of behaviors. Fortunately, it doesn't take much to describe them. I'd like to see Syma provide customers with the following instructions:

1. Never fully deplete the battery.
2. Time your flights and limit flying time to 5 minutes.
3. Allow a 5-minute rest period between charges and flights.

If you follow these instructions, it is not uncommon to log hundreds of flights on an S-107. More information on best practices, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance available in the many discussion forums dedicated to this toy.
1919 comments270 of 315 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse