Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Showing 1-10 of 176 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on December 2, 2013
WARNING: This "discounted" helicopter is not the bargain it appears. A quick online search shows that at all other online retailers it is offered for under $25 as well, so the real price difference is only a few dollars, not a hundred dollars. That said it does seem to be a good toy, just not so urgent of a discount as the sellers (and Amazon) make it appear.
on November 21, 2010
This is not a review for the Syma 107 but rather a warning to buyers NOT to get the black replacement rotors listed in the "Frequently Bought Together" section. These rotors are for some other helicopter, not the Syma 107 which uses completely different hinged rotor blades (also available, but more expensive).

The Syma 107 has been great so far: easy to fly and robust. I give the helicopter itself 5 stars.

If somebody at Amazon reads this, I hope they will revise the webpage to remove the deceptive information.
on January 26, 2016
My son received this product for Christmas and we are having no luck getting it to fly. It hovers a few feet off of the ground then slams back to the ground. I bought it in October to get a jump start on Christmas shopping and sadly I can not return it since the time has lapsed. He was excited to get it and it did not live up to our expectations at all.
on June 24, 2015
Never could get it balance right. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Either way, like all of these small helicopters, fly time vs charge time is....HORRIBLE. I got around 5 mins of fly time I think. I played with it maybe 3-5 times and got a good laugh out of the cat going after it. Then I was over it and it sat in a drawer until I finally tossed it. I cant really say if this one is better vs another. In all honesty, I just don't think I would like any of them.
on August 10, 2015
I have had them for a few months now, and they are ok, I ordered two and they sent me two on the same channel, SO I can not fly them at the same time, but for the most part I enjoy them, Would have been smart if you ordered more than one for them to ship different channeled so we could have flown them together.
on August 22, 2012
I've been through two of these little helicopters now and, while they're fun, they're really hard to maintain.

I fly a couple of times a month. Not a lot, because I'm busy, but I do have a good time flying. That infrequency plays a part in the problem, I think.

First, the good part: This thing is really durable and super easy to fly. If you've never flown an RC helicopter before, this is a good place to start. You can crash it and it won't break; you can fly fairly erratically and it is easy to remain in control. That part is awesome.

The part that isn't awesome is the "no lift" problem. If you go out and search for "syma 107 no lift" you'll see tons of forums and articles talking about it. There's even an Amazon discussion on this product about having no lift. For me, I think the problem stems from how difficult the battery is to maintain. It's a tiny LiPo battery. LiPo batteries are pretty notoriously finicky about how you use them in comparison to NiMH or other batteries you might see in larger units.

My first helicopter was great for about six months, then I went to fly it and at full throttle the blades would spin but I'd get no lift. I took the whole thing apart, lubricated everything, checked the motors and the gears, but no matter what I did - no lift. I bought a replacement battery and installed it, then charged it up. That didn't last more than a week or so until I again hit the "no lift" issue. Bad battery? Motor problem? Who knows. I don't have the equipment to measure battery voltages and discharge rates... and for the price, I'm not sure I should HAVE to.

At that point I bought a second one of these, since they're not too expensive. I figured, worst case, I could use the first one as spare parts for the second if I needed to. That was four months ago, and this morning I fired up the heli and got about 10 seconds of lift, then... done. Spinning blades, down on the table, no lift.

Some of the articles out there will tell you this magic formula: Wait five minutes after charging before you fly; only fly for a max of five minutes; wait five minutes after you're done flying before charging. I couldn't tell you if that works since I found it long after this second one died.

If I have time, which I probably won't, I may try to combine the two choppers into one functional unit, maybe with (yet another) new battery. That said, with the relative prices of batteries to the actual helicopter, you buy three or four batteries and you've almost bought a whole new helicopter.

Anyway, take good care of your battery and your helicopter will probably last a long time. Mine (both) didn't, so this gets two stars overall. I give it one for durability since the physical copter is pretty durable but the batteries are apparently fragile like glass.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2014
Bought as a birthday present. The helicopter charged over with USB cable, however, the remote control was a dud. Put 6 new AA batteries in it, but when the power button was flipped on, it didn't light up and the copter wouldn't fly. The lights were flashing on the copter, but the remote was not sending a signal to the copter to make it fly. Returned it and bought a different brand from a local Toys R Us. I felt like crap for giving a dud birthday present.
on August 18, 2015
This product is not that great. It flies a little bit and then easily drops down. Only the very first time, it flew nicely. After a few drops, it is very unreliable. Unfortunately, it is way past the return period and am stuck with it.
on March 21, 2014
I enjoyed this at first. It's fairly easy to fly and can take a lot of abuse. However, over a period of a few months the battery charge drops off and flying time drops down significantly. Eventually it is not worth charging it any more for the brief amount of flying time you get on one charge. I took it apart and there seems to be no practical way to replace the battery. I suggest you spend a little more and get one with a replaceable battery. Also, have several batteries ready to use during one flying session would be a big plus.
on January 3, 2015
Bought this way ahead of Christmas because it was a good deal. Husband flew it around for a few minutes and now it won't work unless the control and helicopter are touching. Cannot return because it is past the 90 day return policy.