4.0 out of 5 stars Screws came with mine...
Published on July 21, 2011 by G. Benn

1.0 out of 5 stars Parts do not work at all
Published on August 14, 2011 by dmndguy1

4.0 out of 5 stars Screws came with mine..., July 21, 2011
G. Benn (South Lyon, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Syma S107g-13 Helicopter Replacement Part - Main Shaft (Toy)
Somehow I managed to crash and snap off the tabs that pin into the rotor blade assembly. I didn't really need the complete shaft but this had the part. I was able to loosen the screws (which were included, unlike the previous post) and swap the black piece onto the existing shaft attached to my chopper. It took a minute or two to get everything back but then we were flying again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!, June 2, 2011
Although the part seems to match the original, I needed the screws, which are in the photo, but did not come with the part. This is disappointing and is misleading. Just make sure you don't need the screws!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works., August 6, 2011
It works. And it's a good match for the original Syma 107g. I found it more intuitive to transfer the replacement head to my original shaft (with its intact drive gear) to replace the broken blade axles. I don't know how hard it would have been to remove the gear - I assume it would not be easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixed my heli, November 21, 2011
Flew my Syma 107 with a broken wing and ended up warping the shaft and breaking the peice at the top. Bought this as a replacement and my heli is flying great again. Came with screws and was a direct replacement. Would recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Parts do not work at all, August 14, 2011
The parts that I received do not work on either one of my S107G's. The plastic piece does not fit over the sleeve like the original one, it needs to be drilled out, and the pegs for the main rotors (the part that was broken on mine) do not fit properly. With the loose fit that this part has, the helicopter still will not fly correctly after replacing the faulty part on the first one (it flies in circles and crashes without touching the directional controls). The second one (I purchased two) did not have the screw holes drilled through the whole way (neither shaft included the screws), so the blades do not spin properly, and if you pull on the top rotors, they come off. Very poor workmanship, very disappointed in this part.

4.0 out of 5 stars Did the job, after a little modification, January 22, 2012
Rich H. (Warren, MI USA) - See all my reviews
Good: Cured my copter's stability problem, which was due to a broken pivot. Like many other people here, I needed only the plastic hub; saved the shaft in case I crash this thing _really_ hard one day. :)

Bad: The balance bar pivot was VERY tight at first, a big problem as the bar MUST pivot freely in order to work. There appeared to be some flashing deep inside the hole; I cleaned it up with a Dremel tool with 1/16" burr bit. Patience required (removing too much material is as bad as too little), but once freed up the hub, and the copter, worked fine once again. Per other reviews here, it appears this is a common problem, and shouldn't be.

Ugly: $7.00!? The entire copter only cost about 3 times that. I note the price has dropped recently, but still. They should sell the hub and shaft separately, since it appears that most people only need the former.

Four stars; would be five if not for what appears to be an ongoing quality problem with the balance bar pivot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfect!, December 11, 2011
I purchased this for my Syma 107G Metal Series because the cross shaft that holds the blades broke. Got it, replaced it in 2 mins... Easy fix.... no problem at all.... Works perfectly!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, January 3, 2012
This part was a great value to restore my funcionality to my helicopter after repeatedly crashing it. The low cost, including shipping, allowed me to enjoy my inexpensive helicopter at very inexpensive repair cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for Syma S107G Heli, December 29, 2011
We got the Syma S107G for Christmas and unfortunately the Balance Bar broke off the top of the Main Shaft after a handful of flights. We read reviews and ordered this part and it fit perfectly. The one I received is NOT exactly like the original: the "cowling" that goes over the main shaft is larger and the three horizontal "cross bars" are not lined up - on this part the top two are "stacked" in line, but the third one (the one that holds the blades) is on a diagonal to the other two. On the original, all three of the cross bars are stacked "in line" with each other. Even so, it worked fine. A couple of things to note:
1. I removed the top piece (the black unit) from the shaft rather than taking the shaft out of the heli. I imagine trying to get the shaft out of the heli's gears would be a nightmare. It also means dealing with BOTH sets of rotors and the tubing on the shaft which must go back in the right order. I figured just changing out this top unit would be easier.
2. It was, but the screws are REALLY small. Small Phillips head screwdrivers are essential.
3. The top rotor assembly must come off the old one, which means removal of 4 screws. They are different and small - be careful not to mix them up or lose them. The two halves that hold the blades on "sandwich" together and mount on the lowest cross bar - it's a bit tricky to put them back so inspect it carefully as you take it apart.
4. Getting the screws back into the second cross bar was a nightmare (if they're already in, back them out only enough to get the unit on the shaft). Everything is so small it was hard to get the screws lined up (I had to end up magnetizing the jeweler's screwdriver I was using) and they cross threaded easily. I really could have used one of those hands-free magnifiers to help me see. These two screws actually secure the assembly to the shaft. IMPORTANT NOTE: I freaked out when I tightened these down and the entire assemble still spun freely. There is a notch in the shaft and I wasn't sure if it had to be in a certain place. It turns out the screws held the assembly on securely, but it is supposed to rotate freely, and I guess the notch didn't need to be in a certain place or the screws force it to line up - the heli flies fine.
I'm a bit perturbed the price is now 99 cents as I paid $3.99 for it (at least shipping was free) but to revive a Christmas present it was worth it to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars great parts, December 23, 2011
I have 3 of these helicopters this is the part that continues to fail, thank goodness I was able to find the part here THANX!!!

Rate and Discover Movies