Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Syma S109G 3.5 Channel RC Helicopter with Gyro” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 71% off the $79.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $1.00 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Syma S109G 3.5 Channel RC Helicopter with Gyro
|Price:||$27.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$52.00 (65%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Stabile Flight Characteristics
- Easy to Fly
- Great for Beginners
- Stable Flight Characteristics
- Easy to Fly
- Great for Beginners
- Battery Type: Lithium Polymer (LiPO Battery)
- Motor Type: Brushed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
For those comparing models, here you go:
Syma S109 Apache- Excellent
Syma S105G (Sport Helicopter) Very Good -Fastest, stable, but somewhat loud, durable metal frame
Syma S107G- (Sport Helicopter) Very good- nearly identical to S105 but a little slower, different scheme,older?
Syma S026 Chinook- Looks cool, flies ok, but hard to control. Too much power for its weight; 'Cieling magnet'
Syma S013 Black Hawk- Horrible! Very light, spins uncontrollably, fragile
Syma S013 Apache- See S013 Black Hawk review. (friend purchased this one to join the fun: nothing but regrets)
Heard the S108G Cobra is good too but haven't tried it. My deployment to Iraq is almost over, so I probably won't be buying any more toys.
1. S108G Cobra. By Far the fastest and the most aggressive of the helicopters. This one takes a little bit of time to get used to and is for the more experienced flyer. Its super fast and super durable.
2. S109G Apache. Another good helicopter from Syma. Runs the same as the Cobra. Fast and swift.
3. S026G Chinook. A good beginner helicopter. Very stable in flight. It can be fast if you want it to be or it can be slow. This is one of my favorites out of the series.
4. S102G Black Hawk. My brother has the S107G and this flies just like it. This is probably the best helicopter that syma makes. Extremely stable and can take a serious beating. (But so can all the others.) It will fly at the speed you want it to from slow to fast and takeoffs and landings are extremely smooth.
5. S111G Coast Guard Rescue. This too is a fine product from syma. Super smooth flyer and very stable when hovering. And yes, this one wins in the looks battle. It works just like the S102G Black Hawk.
6. And last but not least, the S023G Big Apache. This is a massive outdoor version of the S109G Apache. But this one is meant to be used outdoors. This one is not infrared like the little ones but is a 27mhz radio control helicopter. This guy has some serious power to it and boy does it fly. Very fast and extremely stable are how I would describe it. It is also very easy to control.
All in all, Syma gets a 20 out of 10 stars on their helicopters for the price. And when you do buy one from them, MAKE SURE IT HAS A G AFTER THE NUMBERS. LIKE S109-G-. The G stands for Gyro. The Gyro makes it twice as easy to fly.
UPDATE after a year and a half of owning and flying this. Amazingly, still going strong after all this time, and still using original battery! Has to be the best toy value around. One very easy mod to make your heli move a little faster (forward), is to get some solder, and wrap a few coils around the nose at the very tip (don't block the IR sensor though, so be careful if you add weight using something else, like a coin as some people do). The way the model is shipped, is too light in the front, IMO, because (at least for mine), I could go quite a bit faster BACKWARD than I could forward. To add some forward collective speed at the slight loss of some agility, I highly recommend adding a little weight, so that you can still go backwards, but just barely. On a side note, I enjoyed flying this micro copter so much, I bought it's big BIG brother, the Syma 023G, so I could fly outdoors (RF instead of IR allows this to happen). Love that one as well, and has the exact same mechanics (but with additional tail rotor boost). http://www.amazon.com/Syma-S023G-Apache-Military-Helicopter/dp/B0057PEB2G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353080357&sr=8-1&keywords=syma+s023
What a difference a gyro makes! Incredible...I tried one of the 1st gen micro R/C copters (no gyro on those) not long after they came out, and found them to be extremely difficult to control and not much fun because of it.
This generation with the gyro is just amazing though...SO stable, SO easy - but not boring. There is still a learning curve for complete R/C noobies that will make this a great first R/C copter, but I look at it almost like a challenge...trying to master this little beast is FUN!Read more ›
|Length: 0:34 Mins|
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Hovers backwards at stand still flight. Even tried putting a thumb tack in toward the front. Cheap stuff.Published 22 hours ago by Jihoon Ahn
The Syma S109G Helicopter is a great small indoor helicopter for everyone from beginners to those simply wanting to add to the collection. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
This is a very fun indoor heli! I have a 107 and this heli is all plastic so I don't expect it to be as strong or to take as much of a beating as the 107 however the 109 is much... Read morePublished 4 days ago by Eric
I was able to play for a few minutes until it just died I don't know why, this is a piece of junk, waited for 2 weeks to arrive don't buy this it is a waste of moneyPublished 7 days ago by Bedista
Besides it taking 3 weeks to get to us... the quality of this helicoper is quite good. My 10 year old mastered it right out of the box -- it's very stable and even after quite a... Read morePublished 9 days ago by Cyndy_B