5.0 out of 5 stars I'm loving it! 2.0
I haven't had a chance to fully play with it, but so far it's way cooler than flying a 3 channel s-107g. Some of the controls are flip flopped so it's like trying to learn to read from right to left. I can do it, but I'm not fluid with it yet.

Published 5 months ago by TheeGrobe

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed....
Published 11 months ago by Grzegorz Tokarski

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed...., October 14, 2013
This review is from: Syma X3 4 Channel 2.4Ghz RC Quadcopter with 3 Axis Gyro (Toy)
The prop protectors are nice, but.. comparing to X1 - the smaller props give less power, the stability is ok, but cannot fly much outside - way to light and more sensitive to wind. I don;t like the battery hookup - the cable is short and get's stuck too often... A standard JST connector or one like in x1 would be better. The front and rear props are the same color.....
Still ok for learning to fly indoors.. but I'd rather do X1 anytime... This one is a step back, not forward in my opinion! Just add the rings around X1 and it will do way better! The controller is weird too, and the X3 does not seem able to bind to other controller.. that's a negative too. Considering the price, it's still a fun toy, but compared to the power and stability of X1... this is not a good investment....

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Chinese Junk, October 6, 2013
I didn't expect much from a 40 dollar toy but I expected a BIT more. For 40 bucks I got what I expected, a little copter that I could fly around indoors but overall I think its just a waste of money. Like many inexpensive RC helicopters this one has trim problems. The gyroscope does provide a bit more stability as long as you turn it on while its on a flat surface the gyro seems to do at least SOMETHING but the trim buttons don't seem to work. I have never, ever gotten this thing to hover. CAN it hover? Its either drifting in on direction or another and, while the trim buttons DO produce a BEEP when you push them, the trim buttons don't seem to do anything at all. The instructions are clear at least, from a Chines manufacturer this is an rarity. I SERIOUSLY don't believe the instructions that this unit can do a 360 degree 3D tumbling maneuver. Uh huh, it would have to be able to HOVER first and after weeks of trying, I haven't been able to accomplish this. The Quick/slow gear function indicated in the manual simply doesn't work. There is only one gear function. The flight time is minimal also. I get around 5 minutes for every hour charge. If you want a serious RC quad copter, spend a bit more money and get one with replaceable batteries and rotor guards. This unit does come with a package of 4 replacement rotor blades. The rotor guards prevent a lot of damage and without them flying this thing into something will instantly destroy your blade. Overall, I can't really recommend this unit. I'd recommend staying away from this brand and spending twice the money (around 80 bucks) and get a better model.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very hard to get it to fly straight, January 23, 2014
I found it impossible to get the copter to hover on its own after spending a lot of time fiddling with the balancing controls. It therefore takes a lot of effort to keep it under control and I don't think its a great option for young people with limited experience because of that

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm loving it! 2.0, April 3, 2014

Ok, I've had a chance to play with it some more and was struggling a little with the left, right and yaw left and yaw right being flipped, but after the third flight it became a little bit easier to maneuver. I started using the yaw to change direction. Now while charging for my next flight I started reading the instructions closer( ahh, Chinese to English, always an entertaining read. ) and realized that there are two modes to the controls and I was using the one that made it different. So, I'm still lovin it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after one week, October 4, 2013
used it for a week was flying ok but now it does not lift off and only spins. hence it does not work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Whoa! +$600! This is a $35 toy!!, September 13, 2013
A. rollins (Burlington, Vermont) - See all my reviews
Just a warning to any poor SOB looking to get into the increasingly popular quadcopter market.... this is a $35 toy. Someone out there is hoping to sell one of these things for big money, but this can seriously be found elsewhere for considerably less. Shame on the seller. (Currently "BeeShoppers", Amazon should do something about 2000% markups)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, BAD shipping., September 5, 2013
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This helicopter works as it is supposed to... somewhat. The delicate rc helicopter came in a box, removed from its display packaging. It was stuffed, STUFFED, into a box, the components loose, and enough small-cell bubble wrap to pack an elephant. Most likely, after that, it was stuffed into a container and subjected to all the temperature variations and rough handling that followed because the box, like the product, was mangled. The result was that the chassis was warped to the point that it is nearly impossible to achieve steady flight. The controls can compensate for some things but not nearly enough to be stable in flight with a warped and twisted chassis. It is also too delicate to try and bend, or unbend, it to a straight condition. I would return it immediately but it came from communist China and took three weeks to arrive. To return it, even if it was practical, would take three weeks to go back to China and another three weeks to get back to me and then they would probably pack it in the same careless fashion as the first one. This weekend I plan to put it on a level surface in the Houston sun and hope the heat will relax it enough to straighten the chassis. If properly packaged and shipped, I would highly recommend it but, shipped the way it was, I say DON'T buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It flys really great stable and u can also do really kool tricks, July 23, 2014
I ordered this this helicopter and it's way worth the money I payed for its only about 40 dallers. It flys really great stable and u can also do really kool tricks. I recommend this helicopter to anyone

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, June 25, 2014
I like the X4 & X1 better. Quality is typical Syma...Excellent.This quad is between the X1 and X4 in size. It seems to be a little harder to fly then the other 2 but not at all very difficult. I just wish Syma would do away with "Plug In" to fly their Quads. I want an ON-OFF switch! I have no problems with this quad and would recommend to friends. Have fun,Larry Hill
P.S. get rid of those stupid and useless fins.

2.0 out of 5 stars It already quit working, June 4, 2014
It was flown for about 15 minutes and it has now quit working. I am very disappointed as this was a birthday present for my 10 year old daughter.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›