Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 18, 2014
These are pretty old games and can be gotten at a bargain, but paying $5 for two very fun games is always a good investment in my opinion. I'm not the biggest fan of having to launch Origin though (I usually block it out of my mind and forget I have these games installed).
44 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2014
As a pair of bargain games these two did not disappoint. Both downloaded and ran perfectly on my Windows 7 computer via Origin. Also had no problem running these games with an AMD card despite reports claiming otherwise.

The Saboteur was great for a game that was pushed onto market with very little QA. QA issues aside it does start off a bit slowly but once you push through the first couple hours the pace really picks up. Very fun game.

Syndicate was not quite as fun but it is a decent enough way to kill off an afternoon or two. It is a fairly good looking game as well.

Absolutely no complaints here. Solid bargain.
on August 12, 2014
Saboteur was a highly underrated game. A steal on sale. Syndicate is not bad as a bonus.
on June 26, 2014
Both of these games reel you in with these cool gameplay mechanics or stories, but very rapidly lose their luster as they became boring within 1-2 hours.
on June 24, 2014
Easy way to kill some time. Neither game is really above and beyond anything special - but they aren't horrible either.
on March 1, 2014
NOTE: My review is two stars because of Syndicate. That game is relatively fun, and has some nice Deus Ex elements in it, but that doesn't save it from bad movement controls, terrible AI, and a completely out of control Bloom effect that permeates the entire game. It is seriously atrocious, and I can't play it for more than 30 minutes to an hour because of how annoying it is. I gave it two stars because even though it can be fun, the bad far outweighs the good.
That being said, I gave the two stars to Syndicate. If I could I would give The Saboteur a -5, or a zero at the very least. Please read on for the reasons.

The Saboteur simply will not run on any of my Windows PCs. I posted in the EA help forums regarding this issue, and a TON of other people have the same exact problem.... or worse. The game seems to be littered with bugs. And the "support" staff at the EA help-desk forums was not only clueless, but condescending and rude in most cases. They repeatedly used the excuse that it was an old game meant to run on old hardware, and we shouldn't expect it to work with modern operating systems. One of them suggested that we build an entire PC out of old parts in order to run this old game! There is a well known and documented bug that was never fixed that made the game crash (or not load at all) on PCs with 4 or more cores, including Hyper-Threading. Again, it was "this game is old, blah blah blah", and they suggested that you turn off all but one core on your CPU, and then go into your BIOS and turn off Hyper-Threading. That is just a ridiculous "fix" to a problem that a lot of people have. I have a 6-core i7 CPU, so I would essentially have to turn off 11 cores just to play the game.

Here's the kicker....
In the official suggested system configuration:
Processor: Quad Core running at 2.8 GHz or equivalent
Memory : 2 GB RAM (Windows XP) or 3 GB RAM (Windows Vista/7)

So for one, they say specifically to use a quad-core CPU. They say specifically to use 2 GB ram if you are on on Windows 7. Yet the two biggest bugs are people who have a quad-core CPU, and that have Windows 7 (or 8).
Another funny thing is, this game was released in December of 2009. Windows 7 was released retail in July of 2009. So tell me again, why doesn't this game work on Windows 7? Even in compatibility mode it won't work, even though that is the instructions I got from the "official" reply I got from the customer support email I sent.

So the "old game" is barely years old, which makes the suggestion to "build an old PC" to run this "old" game even more preposterous. Yes, I said preposterous. Deal with it. :-P

I guess if you are running Windows XP on a Core2Duo or an i3 or something, go for it. The game got good reviews, looks awesome, and I bet it is really fun.
I wouldn't know.
on July 26, 2014
Nice package for such a price. Games are real good & activiates on steam
on September 14, 2014
Games are pretty good. Great deal though.
on February 23, 2015
Excellent
on May 24, 2014
I played the syndicate and its nice i havnt dowloaded saboteur yet not enough memory lol
Its a nice gameplay so buy it if u dont have it, its like crysis and the mp is nice but i dont see anyone to play it with so if u buy it add me my name is JAMAICANW33D on origin
thank you.