4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
Good software. I have about 200 people in my database and it is easy to work with. I wish it supported DNA entries and I wish it had research tools such as empty forms and a to do list, or a last person worked on list or something.
Published on February 15, 2010 by Jean R. Sepulveda

3.0 out of 5 stars MacFamiiyTree
I now have upgraded over the net to version 5.6.8 at no charge. They still have a few minor details to iron out but overall a good product. Once I learn the ins and outs I'll feel more comfortable using it. Support via e-mail is a little slow sometimes,but they do respond.
Published on January 30, 2010 by Randall P. Daley

3.0 out of 5 stars MacFamiiyTree, January 30, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, February 15, 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Mac Family Tree 5, September 6, 2010
John H. Gindlesberger (The Great Black Swamp of Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MacFamilyTree 5 (CD-ROM)
I have been a bit disappointed with this product. I was expecting something that was more "intuitive", but found this software to be rather convoluted. It takes a fair amount of time to learn how to input and modify data and to move about within the program. I can't say I'm impressed with that part. On the other hand, I do like the various ways the data can be displayed. I'm not a genealogy expert by any means and have had limited experience with other programs in this area, but have had a fair amount of experience using the Mac and other software for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous so Far!, February 24, 2009
This review is from: MacFamilyTree 5 (CD-ROM)
I am loving this program! It takes a little bit to get "the hang" of using it. (Of course, it would also help if I read the booklet for assistance.) I can't wait to use all of the aspects of this program. There are so many possibilities for recording family history.

1.0 out of 5 stars Old material, September 25, 2010
This review is from: MacFamilyTree 5 (CD-ROM)
Was extremely disappointed and angry when, after trying to install MacFamily Tree 5, found that it is not the latest Mac Tree software and cannot be loaded into my computer. Of course, for another $50 I can get an update. What a ripoff.

1.0 out of 5 stars A little old, September 16, 2010
This review is from: MacFamilyTree 5 (CD-ROM)
Just received this in the mail. Haven't tried it yet. Frustrated that my "brand new software" is version 5.4.2 when the brand new version (6.0.4) can be purchased online for $49. Apparently I can get a free upgrade by sending documentation to their support department showing when I purchased version 5. I've sent off the Amazon shipping notice, we'll see what their response is. You can also buy the upgrade for $25. It looks like the upgrade has a lot of new things so for now I'm not going to start with the old and have to either reenter or relearn.MacFamilyTree 5

2.0 out of 5 stars Too "Politically Correct", September 8, 2010
Jess Epps (SEABROOK, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MacFamilyTree 5 (CD-ROM)
Software uses "Partner" in lieu of Spouse, Husband or Wife.

Here is their response to my request for a refund:

"I think this is the point in time to tell you that feeling offended by the Partner label
is absolutely not, has never been and will never be a reason for a refund. We may
take care of this and find a different naming scheme but it is absolutely not a priority."

MacFamilyTree 5
MacFamilyTree 5 by Synium (Mac OS X)
Used & New from: $29.95