4.0 out of 5 stars Amber Heard Looks Stunning In This Marketing Spoof
The only reason I checked this movie out was because Amber Heard was it in and I'm not disappointed that I did. She has a major role in the film and looks absolutely stunning on screen.

Published 12 months ago by Darren O'Neill

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining
Good cast, good story. Amazed how many decent movies are lost in the shuffle and not forced on us by the corporate and media world.
Published 12 months ago by capsgary

4.0 out of 5 stars Amber Heard Looks Stunning In This Marketing Spoof, December 14, 2013
This review is from: Syrup (DVD)

The movie itself takes a clear swing at how easily manipulated people are by the advertisements that we see each and every day. The premise is a bit far fetched, but I do believe that was the point. Heard plays a marketing exec named Six who is pitched the idea for a new energy drink by a slacker named Scat played by Shiloh Frenandez. Being a slacker, he doesn't have a formula or anything special at all, all he really has is the name which is a different spelling of the "F word." Of course he doesn't trademark the name but his best friend does netting the friend the million dollar payday.

If you're looking for a movie that is realistic and makes perfect sense than you'll probably find "Syrup" lacking. If you're willing to go along for the ride and enjoy the humor that is how easily we fall victim to advertisers than you'll probably like this movie a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, January 30, 2014
Very Entertaining. If you are an Amber Heard fan
this is a must own movie. Fun for everyone. Get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ok, i was surprised, February 1, 2014
This review is from: Syrup (DVD)
I have to say that I have been on a very good roll with my small Indie movies. Syrup is no exception..I thought for sure it was a throwaway type movie and as it turned out, it was so much more. The best performance by far is Shiloh Fernandez, I have just become a huge fan...his wide-eyed optimist totally won me over. Amber Heard as the business driven and cool lady was very good, Kellan Lutz (he was why I got the movie) had a somewhat small and albeit silent role. To put it on the line....it is a movie about cutthroat business practices in advertising...I loved it and really recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 11, 2014
Two words: AMBER HEARD

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 2, 2014
This review is from: Syrup [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Great

5.0 out of 5 stars A Guilty Pleasure, June 13, 2014
This review is from: Syrup (DVD)
I originally watched this via Netflix, and ended up watching it several more times, so I ordered it for a friend who used to work in advertising w/me. If you work in marketing or advertising, it'll probably amuse you for multiple reasons. But even if you don't, there's just something smart, sexy, and addicting about this movie. Yet, it's one where you're kind of embarrassed to say you like it. It'll probably be one of those films that develops a cult following -- it just has that feel. I want to order the book, too.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very funny & entertaining movie that really makes a statement about brand marketing. I really enjoyed & highly recommend. A-, August 22, 2013
Tony Heck (Belgrade, MT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Syrup (DVD)
"Looking at a billboard is supposed to feel like love at first sight but it's not real, it's just marketing and without it you wouldn't even know who you are." Scat (Fernandez) is fresh out of marketing school with no prospects on the horizon until he comes up with an idea for a new energy drink. When he brings it to the attention of Six (Heard) he is excited at the prospect of becoming rich but a double cross changes everything. With the job I have I pretty much watch everything no matter what it is. I usually don't watch the trailers for the movie because I don't like when they give too much away. Doing it that way makes what I watch real hit or miss as far as how good it is. What I have noticed is that the lower budget movies that I haven't heard of are 99% of the time better then the "studio" movies. This is a perfect example of that. I don't know if satire is the right word but the movie to me shows how the marketing industry will do whatever it takes to sell a product and how gullible the public is when it comes to branding. The movie does get a little dark at times but that proves it's point all the more. The movie is entertaining and funny but to me this is more of a statement movie. I could also be reading way too much into it though. Overall, a huge surprise of a movie that I highly recommend. I give it an A-.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought the book after watching the movie., July 27, 2014
This review is from: Syrup (DVD)
This is a very good movie, unfortunately it's underrated, especially on IMDB.

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, December 17, 2013
This review is from: Syrup [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, September 11, 2014
This review is from: Syrup (DVD)
It's OK. Amber Heard is always interesting but the others...

Syrup [Blu-ray]
Syrup [Blu-ray] by Aram Rappaport (Blu-ray - 2013)
$16.98 $14.98