Customer Discussions > SimCity: Limited Edition forum

System Requirement Not Listed: A New PC!!!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 14, 2013 1:53:04 PM PST
LilRedVette says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 4:20:21 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 25, 2013 6:58:55 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 2:36:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2013 2:39:04 PM PST
Shawn says:
I hate to point this out...but consoles are nothing more than low end computers with mediocre to good video cards. Providing your PC is ~2 years old or less, invest in a decent video card, pop it in a PCI express port and you should be fine. If you are relying on only integrated video (i.e. Intel 3000 on Sandy bridge processors or 4000 on Ivy bridge), then no, your PC won't be able to handle much graphically. I can only make assumptions based on the lack of PC specs you list...but what I know is I built my own PC 4 years ago and done nothing but upgrade my video card (currently using GTX 580) and everything runs perfectly smooth.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 1:10:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 28, 2013 1:11:14 PM PST
Devin R. says:
Yeah. I spent $400 on my PC like 4 years ago... I've since spent another $300 or so upgrading the graphics card, RAM, and hard drive (SSD). It'll run anything I've thrown at it no problem. You're looking at spending almost that on consoles if a new generation comes out every 5 years or so. But it does a lot more than a console, and I need a computer even if I get a console, so I'm not really saving anything by going console. PC games tend to have more customization and they can be a lot deeper. They also can have better graphics. Add to that cheap video games through Steam sales and other sources and PC gaming wins out easily in my opinion.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 1:09:25 AM PST
luckz says:
PC games cost so much less than console games that for a heavy gamer the cost savings of a high end PC vs a technically dated console are immense.

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 8:07:10 AM PST
Of course new games that have better graphics or more happening in them that require more processor power are going to need decent computers to run them. If your computer can't run it, then it must be ancient. I'm running SimCity on a laptop that I bought in May 2009, and I'm having no problems running it. If you can't run it on your PC, then it's either an ancient machine or a bare bones machine.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
SimCity: Limited Edition
SimCity: Limited Edition by Electronic Arts (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
1.5 out of 5 stars   (4,068)