Customer Discussions > Thief [Online Game Code] forum

System Requirements?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 9, 2013 10:58:15 AM PST
Tattoogunman says:
So what are the system requirements for this? I'm not going to pre-order if my computer can't run it.......

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 11:06:05 AM PST
Directly from the publishers own forum to the community:
Minimum System Requirements
CPU: High-performance dual core CPU or quad core CPU
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 4800 series / Nvidia GTS 250
DirectX: DirectX 10
HDD/SSD: 20 GB

Recommended Specs
CPU: AMD FX 8000 series or better / Intel i7 Quad Core CPU
RAM: 4+ GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD / R9 series or better / Nvidia GTX 660 series or better
DirectX: DirectX 11
HDD/SSD: 20 GB

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 4:48:08 PM PST
Wu Jin Qiao says:
You should never trust the system requirement from neither the publisher or the developer of any video game. Personally, because this is an AMD optimized game(it will support mantle, true audio, but probably no HSA), you should at least have a quad core AMD processor that was introduced within 2 years. Speaking of graphics card, it is probably better to go with AMD's at least 7850 or above for the full utilization of Mantle API. The ram should be at least 8GB its 2014 come on. The rest of the components may be not very important performance wise but you should still consider buying a ssd to increase read and write speed.

AMD demoed the game on the new Kaveri APU 7850k along with a r9 290 graphics card(not cross fired, the apu served as a cpu), all on a surround display setup. I'm not sure it was running on DirectX11 or Mantle but the frame rate looked ok to me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 9, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 25, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Thief [Online Game Code]
Thief [Online Game Code] by Square Enix
3.4 out of 5 stars   (59)