5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy so far, works better than anticipated.
Published 20 months ago by crs

1.0 out of 5 stars Total RIP-OFF. Run the other way from T-mobile!!!!
First of all I want to thank Amazon.com for promptly refunding my money for this device. That was the only part of the ordeal that went smoothly. My only complaint with Amazon is that I can't give this product a ZERO star review!

Published on December 13, 2011 by bluemoon

1.0 out of 5 stars Total RIP-OFF. Run the other way from T-mobile!!!!, December 13, 2011
This review is from: T-Mobile Rocket 4G (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone Accessory)

I got this Rocket so I could get online with my laptop on a trip to Florida. I checked T-mobile's website first and it showed there would be excellent 4G coverage at the address and region where I was going. When the Rocket arrived I followed the set-up instructions but had no luck getting it to work. Neither could my computer repair person, so I went to a nearby T-mobile store. Two employees tried everything they could think of, including trading out the SIM card, and when it still wouldn't work they said it must be because I hadn't opened an account and bought a data plan. So I handed over the money for a monthlong data plan and it still wouldn't work. At that point I told them I was going to return the Rocket to Amazon, and to please refund my money for the plan. Their response... "Our computer won't let us refund your money. Take the Rocket to Florida, call tech support, and see if you can get it to work".

In Florida a tech-savvy friend got on the phone with T-mobile's tech support and they failed to get the device to work. The tech support person also told us that even if we could get it working, there's NO T-mobile coverage in the area anyway...even though the website shows EXCELLENT coverage...a total lie! He said he would note it in my account that I will be returning the device and that I could get a refund on the data plan from the store where I bought it.

Back in PA, the store has continued to refuse to refund my money, saying "We don't like to do that"! I got online with T-mobile's live chat customer service who tells me I don't have an account with them (!?) and she can't help me. I wrote to T-mobile's customer service in Albuquerque and was told "no refunds or other compensation will be given for unused airtime balances". They said they were sorry for "any confusion or inconvenience this has caused." They are SORRY alright!...one of the sorriest, lying, thieving, incompetent and unresponsive excuses for a company I have come across in a long time! Don't believe anything T-mobile says about this Rocket, or anything they say about coverage on their website.

I hope my review prevents someone else from getting ripped off. Next stop, the Better Business Bureau!

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, January 4, 2012
This review is from: T-Mobile Rocket 4G (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
The Laptop stick works well if you get a signal, but buyers beware. Last April at a T-Mobile store in MD asked them if they could provide service at two locations in MA. On their computer screen they confirmed that I would receive 3G and possibly 4G at both locations. This was important to me as we were going to spent the summer in MA at the two locations. The first location there was no signal. I called T-Mobile and they said they would sent a field engineer out and check the signal. I did not hear anything back. At the second location the signal was so poor that my browser page timed out. I called T-Mobile and they said they would sent a field engineer out to check the signal. Again I did not hear anything back. When I spoke to them they said they could not guarantee service in all locations I told them to cancel the service. They said that I had to cancel within 14 days. They ate up the 14 days by saying a field engineer would help solve the problem. Nice game! Also the Stick was free with a rebate-one catch you have to join Easy Pay if you want the rebate. Since I didn't receive service I didn't pay-we are now in a big dispute and they have turned the account over to a collection agency. Buyers beware of T-Mobile. Better off with Verizon if you want coverage.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buggy and un-returnable., November 4, 2011
simon renwick (austin, texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: T-Mobile Rocket 4G (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I own a t_mobile phone that I am happy with so I thought I would try this. The software meant to connect the device to the internet simply doesn't work. I'm not a computer novice. I went to return it to find out there is $25 'restocking fee' and the worthless minutes would not be credited or refunded. What a fraud. Worthless product from a contemptuous company. Do not buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy - money and time wasted!, March 31, 2012
This review is from: T-Mobile Rocket 4G (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
The rocket worked well for a few months, and then has barely worked at all. Support has been no help...they just send you in circles - hoping you will give up. After about 100 calls, they win, I give up!

They even promised me a refund, but the support department didn't have authorization to say that...and Customer Care said no because it shows I've been logging on a few times trying to get the stupid thing to work. It lets me connect for a few minutes, but disconnects after you open a couple webpages. I had high hopes, but now I can't wait for my contract to end...they are getting money for nothing and I'm the sucker!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy so far, works better than anticipated., December 4, 2012
This review is from: T-Mobile Rocket 4G (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Well, I'm glad I wasn't scared off by the many bad reviews on this product. Afer 4 days, it has been a major surprise. I had checked the coverage area, as so many others have done, saw that I had very good coverage in the area's I needed it, and took the plunge. The fact that it only cost me $20 for the Rocket 4G and a $15 pass helped cement the deal such that if it didn't work, no big deal.

Long story short...IT WORKS WELL! For me. Way faster than my previous mobile broadband supplier, Virgin Mobile.
I can watch videos with no buffering, no dropped signals, and it's faster than DSL. I love it. I will report back after about a month to see if anything has changed.

In fact, the worst part about T-mobile was the setup. I almost returned this thing because of the many hours I spent on the phone with tech support and customer service. The connection manager still doesn't work but I don't need it at all to connect with Windows 7. Also, make sure they send you the $15 pass. They told me they ran out of them and to call when my devise arrived, and they would apply it. OMG... don't do it. MAKE THEM SEND IT!. iF NOT YOU WILL SPEND MANY OURS AND GET TOSSED AROUND TO MANY DIFF PEOPLE.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot - acquire minutes; will not work; useless, January 11, 2012
This review is from: T-Mobile Rocket 4G (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I acquired this device about 9 months ago, because I was looking for a device that would allow me to access the internet when I go on business trips or conferences. Each time I had to call up T-Mobile and have them recharge my number to use it. I could NOT get access to the internet to accomplish this. You should know that if you do not use the device every three months (charge a plan for minutes), the number becomes inactive, and you have go to a T-Mobile store to have them reactivate the SIM. There are some areas that T-Mobile just does not work; coverage is less than what I desired. I would use something from Verizon, but their coverage has the same lack of coverage as T-Mobile. AT&T does have the coverage I desire, but they are so caught up in hidden fees and services, I do not actually know what I am paying for; so I am concerned about using their services.

In one instance, I called T-Mobile for assistance. I had to go through 11 calls to get someone who knew what they were doing. Bad coverage, bad customer service.

Oh yes... 4G speeds? I did a bandwidth test, and it is definitely not broadband speeds. I would be happy if I could get the thing to work (Note: I did not cuss or swear).

1.0 out of 5 stars STAY AWAY-FAR, FAR AWAY, January 11, 2012
This review is from: T-Mobile Rocket 4G (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I have owned this device for 2 months and it has yet to make a meaningful connection. For the record, I am in downtown New Orleans, which T-mobile states is a well covered 4G area. I have managed to (painfully) download a half dozen or so emails. Forget attachments. This is the worst purchase of electronics I have made in a long time, maybe ever. What a waste of my time and money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product did not work, January 31, 2012
random40 (Issaquah, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: T-Mobile Rocket 4G (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
The laptop stick did not work, the setup did not complete, and the data access was not available. A T-Mobile representative could not get it working either. And T-Mobile refunded only the device, not the data access fee. Yes, a ripoff.

1.0 out of 5 stars T-Mobile Worst Service, April 13, 2012
This review is from: T-Mobile Rocket 4G (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I bought this back in December. It constantly disconnects me from the internet and I am unable to refill my broadband card online using this device. I am forced to call or to go to a TMobile store to purchase a broadband card which is not very convenient. The broadband cards used with this device have also given me many problem. Often the PIN that goes with the broadband card doesn't work. Once I was given a broadband card that was already activated days before and customer service told me there was nothing they could do even though it was their system error. Their customer service reps were not very apologetic either. I was forced to pay $53 for a preused broadband card! T-Mobile by far has the worst customer service and I will never sign a contract with them or buy any of their devices again. What a waste of money and my time.

1.0 out of 5 stars No SIM card included, April 19, 2013
This review is from: T-Mobile Rocket 4G (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Although in technical detail section it is stated that "Includes SIM card", it is not true. You have to buy SIM card with activation pack separately.

Rate and Discover Movies