Making the most of your time is essential, so let the T-Mobile G-Slate with Google (by LG) be your constant companion. It lets you seamlessly interact with your life at home and on the go. The large 8.9" HD screen with multi-touch capability not only handles multiple open apps but also allows you to videoconference, watch HD movies, play games, and more. Plus, the innovative
video camera captures real-life moments. And you'll always be connected on the grid at blazing-fast speeds up to 4G.
Make the most of your time with blazing-fast speeds up to 4G. View larger
Slim design makes the G-Slate perfect for users on-the-go
NVIDIA Tegra2 Technology with 3D
The NVIDIA Tegra2 dual-core processor combined with T-Mobile's 4G network creates fast and seamless multi-tasking computing. The powerful T250 Tegra2 processor enables you to watch supported content in 3D using the 3D glasses.
The G-Slate has a 2.0 MP front-facing camera for video conferencing, a 5.0 MP rear-facing camera with flash for image capture, and 3D and HD video recording to bring memories to life.
Featuring an 8.9" touchscreen and playback with HDMI. View larger
High-Definition Media Viewing
8.9" HD wide-screen, 3D-capable multi-touch display, and playback with HDMI will satisfy everyone from gamers to multimedia users and movie buffs. Watch content in 720p on the G-Slate, or use the HDMI output to watch true HD content on 1080p HD external displays.
Experience browsing more like a desktop, and less like a phone with the built-in Webkit-based Android browser. Multitask with multiple open tabs, bookmark syncing from other devices, privacy settings, and more.
Tethering and Hotspot Capability
Share a wired connection via tethering or wireless Wi-Fi connection with up to 5 devices using the G-Slate's hotspot capabilities.
Connect and quickly send updates to Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, or added social networks. Chat with friends and family using instant messaging (IM) services like Google Talk, AIM, or Yahoo! Messenger.
Android 3.0 Honeycomb
Specifically optimized for devices with larger screen sizes such as tablets, the Android 3.0 platform (dubbed Honeycomb) introduces a brand new, truly virtual and "holographic" UI design. Five customizable Home screens give you instant access to all parts of the system--no matter what screen or app you're in--and each Home screen offers a familiar launcher for access to all installed applications, as well as a Search box for universal search of apps, contacts, media files, web content, and more.
Multitasking in Android 3.0 is easier than ever, and you can use the Recent Apps list in the System Bar to see the tasks underway and quickly jump from one application context to another. You'll even see a snapshot of the last screen viewed in that app as a visual reminder. The Android onscreen keyboard has also been redesigned to make entering text fast and accurate on larger screen sizes.
Other features in Android 3.0 Honeycomb include:
Scrollable and stacked widgets let you scroll or flick through content within the widget itself, on the home page, without opening the application. Unobtrusive notification system displays icons for different notifications (messages, downloads, system updates, etc.) in the lower right corner. Just touch the digital time display to open the entire notification panel. Redesigned YouTube application with a 3D gallery. Android Market for Android 3.0 is your one-stop-shop for eBooks, games, and applications.
A Complete Web Experience, with Support for Adobe Flash
With Android 3.0, the G-Slate provides support for Adobe Flash, delivering a complete web experience to help you explore, discover, and interact. You'll enjoy more satisfying social networking, games, streaming video and more, with all the animations you expect.
The G-Slate weighs 22.9 ounces and measures 9.56 x 5.88 x 0.49 inches. Its 6400 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 300 minutes of talk time, and up to 280 hours (11+ days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/1800/1900 MHz and 900/1700/2100 MHz GSM (Tri-Band/Tri-Mode) frequencies and transmits data using HSPA+.
What's in the Box
T-Mobile G-Slate with Google (by LG) tablet, standard battery, charger, USB cable with gender adapter, quick start guide, user manual.
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Preloaded Android Apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google Applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
OS & Software
- Android 3.0 operating system (Honeycomb)
- Quick Office for viewing, editing, and creating Microsoft Office files right on your phone
- Need For Speed Shift HD (demo version)
- Tethering and hotspot capability to share your Internet connection with up to 5 devices
- T-Mobile TV, Wi-Fi Calling, Zinio Reader, NOVA, Qik, Telenav GPS Navigator, Tegra Zone, and more
Connectivity & Hardware
- 1GHz dual-core processor for faster downloads, faster streaming media, and advanced multitasking performance
- NVIDIA Tegra2 T250 graphics for extreme HD and gaming performance
- T-Mobile's 4G Network for three times faster download and upload speeds than standard 3G
- Wi-Fi Connectivity (802.11b/g/n)
- Bluetooth Version 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- HDMI output to share content with HDMI-enabled HDTVs
- FOTA-capable for over-the-air firmware upgrades
- 5.0-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and stereoscopic 3D recording
- 2.0-megapixel front-facing camera for video conferencing
- 1080p HD and 3D video recording and playback
- Video recording time up to 30 minutes in HD
Communications & Internet
- Full HTML web browser with Flash 10.1 support
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Video player for MPEG-4, H.263, and H.264 formats
- Music player for MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WAV, and WMA Formats
- T-Mobile TV for instantly watching HD TV anytime, anywhere
- Tablet-optimized YouTube and YouTube 3D to easily find and view videos, including 3D, or upload and share captured 3D video
- 32GB internal memory
- 1GB of DDR2 RAM for efficient multitasking
The LG G-Slate runs on Android 3.0 for the fastest overall Android experience. View larger
T-Mobile Network Features
High-Speed Data Connectivity via T-Mobile's 3G/4G Network
The G-Slate is compatible with T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+ 3G/4G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum, and it can achieve theoretical download speeds of up to 21 Mbps. It's designed to automatically connect to the best available network (4G, 3G, or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In areas where the 3G/4G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile's EDGE network (which stands for "Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution"). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go.
T-Mobile's Expanding, Super-Fast 4G Mobile Broadband Network
As of February, 2011, T-Mobile has upgraded its traditional 3G network to HSPA+ 4G in 200 major metropolitan areas across the U.S.--cover 200 million people across the country--with plans to continue rolling out this network upgrade throughout 2011. With typical download speeds that are on par with or faster than competing 4G technologies, T-Mobile's HSPA+ network provides fast data speeds--up to 3 times faster than AT&T and Verizon's standard 3G networks--while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities for the ultimate wireless voice and data experience. You'll enjoy faster Web browsing, uninterrupted video streaming, and quicker app downloads.
T-Mobile's 4G mobile broadband network (powered by HSPA+) provides a theoretical capability of up to 21 Mbps peak download speeds, with average download speeds typically in the 5 to 8 Mbps range.
Also Available for this Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.